“Top notch experience ”
Review of Au Pied de Cochon

Au Pied de Cochon
Reserve with OpenTable
Au Pied de Cochon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 5,766 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Fancy and elegant place to dine. Here you will find an option for everyone.

Their menu is full of great options with sea food or stake.

The onion soup is a most to start and the artichoke with crab (just amazing).

They have a great selection of wines and the experts to help you choosing the right one for your dinner.

You better visit this place before leaving Mexico City

1  Thank Fran_Lugo_G

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

Amazing French cuisine! Great place for celebrations or special occasions. It’s fancy and expensive but worth the money! Waiters are attentive and know the menu well. The sommelier gave us a great wine recommendation, delicious but not too pricey. For starters I recommend the beef tartare and the escargots; both were great. Others ordered the foie gras and were very satisfied. Then the onion soup, very cheesy I love it. For entree I got the smoked salmon which was good but there are other great options. For dessert I recommend the apple tart, it’s amazing!

1  Thank Sofia D
Reviewed March 15, 2018

Again, the Au Pied de Cochon is one of several restaurants inside the Intercontinental El Presidente in Polanco CDMX. Their wine list cannot be topped. Service and selection was incredible. And how can you pass up oysters and Jamon Iberico as starters. Don't miss it! Plus, its open 24 hours a day!

1  Thank Jose P
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch there the other day and while I am very careful about going to hotel restaurants, in this case I left being fully convinced of the place.
We had a dozen of the finest oysters and then, in my case kidneys in Madeira sauce, whereas my partner ordered a salmon.
Both plates were absolutely delicious and done to perfection.
Also the ample wine list caters for all tastes and the service is absolutely impeccable.
It’s not cheap, but worthwhile the money you’re paying.

1  Thank albertjf2016
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Hubby & I tried this restaurant whilst staying at the Intercontinental. I have to say we were exceptionally impressed for a restaurant in a hotel. It was a Sunday night and very busy! We found the staff reasonably efficient once we got service but did have to ask to order drinks once we were seated. And almost got served our starters twice.

The food was all delicious. We had been recommended to their ‘famous’ onion soup and we were not disappointed. So we shared the onion soup & oysters as appetizers. Yum!

Hubby had the lamb chops and was super impressed. I had the mussel stew as a main and it was enough and delicious! Portion sizes were ample without being over-facing.

We finished with the chocolate mousse. Oh my... yummy!

I would eat here again when staying at the Intercontinental.

My only criticism is that they seated us at a small table for 2 and with our dishes, water & wine, we felt rather cramped.