“Disappointing!”

Ranked #20 of 76 Dessert in Mexico City
Neighbourhood: Santa Fé
Neighbourhood: Santa Fé
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

We are great fans of this restaurant! Since we don't have it in my country, we look forward to visiting it when we travel. Today, they couldn't serve our favorite dish, the Lettuce Thai Wraps! They didn't have the great pumpernickel bread they serve. The waitress said that they had a very busy weekend and that they would receive their special ingredients until Tomorrow... and today is Tuesday already... too bad! We weren't even offered something in return for not having the dishes we ordered first. Disappointing...

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

We went to eat, the place was not full, they took like 20 minutes to give us a table, once we had the table, the waitress came to ask us for the drinks, they didn't bring bread with butter like in miami, we asked for the food, the artichoke and spinach dip was terrible, the veggie sandwich wasn't good, we asked for pasta without chicken and came with chicken, the red velvet cake wasn't good, the restaurant isn't what we expected and it's not like the ones in the usa, it is very dissapointing, poor quality food and poor service, don't go.

Reviewed May 7, 2017

We've eaten at the Santa Fe location several - probably ten - times, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food has always been good and tastes like you'd expect.

The service can be uneven, which seems to be dependent on the individual waitstaff. We've had good and bad.

Others have mentioned wait times to get a table. If you go on a Sunday late lunch, yeah, it's gonna take you more than an hour to get seated. We go at off times and get seated right away.

If you go for breakfast and like Bloody Marys, they make them pretty good ... just tell them to go light on the Maggi and put more Worshireshire.

Reviewed May 6, 2017

It is simply cheesecake heaven :-) There is really huge range of cheesecakes, as well as other food (pasta, salads, pizza, meat, etc.).
I love fish and chips! The portions are huuuuge - of food also of cheesecakes.The quality of the food is ver good.
I would like to just recommend to improve service...we had to wait always quite long time to order food or for any other further orders...

Reviewed April 23, 2017

So, this Cheesecake Factory is, pleasingly very similar to those in the US. The menu is the same, food is nice, well priced, generous portions, it does what Cheesecake Factories do all over the world. The difference here is that the restaurant is very poorly managed. My 20 minute wait time was over an hour, and each ten minutes I was told it would be another 10 minutes (which stops you going around the very large mall that the restaurant is part of). Had they just told me the truth up front, there would have been no problem. But they don't they lie. Some might say it is the Mexican way to tell people what they want to hear, but the management need to understand that this is plainly lying.
I was also lied to about being able to sit at the bar and order immediately, and I do not believe that any action was taken against the member of staff who knowingly or unknowingly lied. When my food did arrive, the order was also wrong but this was quickly fixed. My server was fine, but every other member of staff, including the manager who came out to see me is evidently in over their heads.
So, go for the cheesecake, but don't expect anything but a Mexican approach to your time, or, you know, people actually doing what they say they are going to do.