“What else can I add?”
Review of The Red Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
The Red Tree House
Ranked #1 of 167 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Perfect location, very quiet (our room faced the rear courtyard), interesting people, terrific breakfast... hard to add much to what other have said about this nearly perfect inn. We stayed here 6 nights and plan to do it the next time we're in Mexico City.

Room Tip: I noticed that the rooms vary quite a bit in decor (all nice) and importantly, for some, so do the b...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry917
Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 23 March 2012

beyond what i expected! exceeded expectations!.....i had heard very positive reviews of the red tree house on trip advisor but was still thrilled with this place. the friendly warm and helpful staff and went out of their way to assist us with drivers to sites, bus tickets, local restuarants ...and the list goes on....the breakfasts were fantastic....and the clientele we met were wonderful,,most of which were frequent guests of this gem of a place!! an excellent bargain for such a big city!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ali307
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Sometimes a place is so great that you want to keep it as your little secret; the Red Tree House is definitely one of those gems!!! However, as a regular Trip Advisor user, it only seems fair to share it with other travellers, so here goes. There are so many wonderful things here - the super friendly staff and management and their help organizing activities, the breakfasts with a different "entree" each day, the patio garden, the art and architechture, the quality beds and linens, interesting guests, the hip Condesa neighborhood which has many great dining options, and the wonders of Mexico City and its magical environs literally at your doorstep. All these things contribute to Red Tree House's #1 rating. Above all, the folks who run this place deliver best-in-class HOSPITALITY. Imagine a B&B where folks gather in the living room at night to exhange experiences and e:mail addresses over complimentary wine! I've stayed in many B&B's all over the world and never experienced this kind of host generosity before.

Agree with the writer who commented that taxi's have a hard time finding - they don't have GPS. We also found walking about a tad confusing with all the gloriettas dotting the nearby very lovely park. So do not set out without a map and the address. "On and off " tourist bus stop is close (two very good and extensive routes) as are other transit options. Taxis are cheap but can get hung up in traffic or just plain lost. The rooms were immaculate, individually themed with fresh modern decor, and most have patios/balconies. Bathrooms are tiny and closet/bureau space is very limited, especially for two sharing - so don't overpack. We stayed in two rooms - "Milagritos", two queen beds on ground floor with nice patio overlooking the garden and, "Ophelia", single queen room on second floor with a small shared balcony. Price is very reasonable for what you get.

Room Tip: Smaller room was same price as larger so try for the largest.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank grobinsongow
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My sister and I spent three nights at the The Red Tree House. The staff are amazing-friendly, generous, helpful and charming. They arranged taxis and helped organised our activities. The room was simple but tasteful and clean with everything you need. Breakfasts were fabulous- a great way to start the day. The living area is beautiful and inviting. The area is very safe but a little confusing to navigate even for the taxis so be sure and have clear instructions how to get around. Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Darci F
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and I stayed there 2 very short days, but we loved every little thing about The Red Tree House. The place alone is beautiful, very well and tastefully decorated, clean, and quiet. Staff are just brilliant! Very polite and nice people, which makes a huge difference in how you feel there. It's like being at home. They are very welcoming and helpful.
The breakfast is amazing and plentiful, and they even prepared different mexican breakfast dishes, which makes it unique, compared to other places which offer mainstream boring food.
I'm not sure they have rooms that are easily accessible for people in wheelchairs, so probably not the best place for people with disabilities.
There is no restaurant in the hotel, but it is located at a walking distance from tons of restaurants and bars.
They offer a bottle of water when you arrive which they don't replace, but instead you can refill that bottle in the kitchen where they have big water containers available. We like that!
We stayed at Mariposa, which is located in the back patio. It's a good sized bedroom, with very comfy bed, a sofa, TV, safe, and a balcony as well. The bathroom is just the right size for one person although two can fit there (if you are slim). The shower area is spacious though.
Definitely and highly recommend the RTH. We would return if travelling to Mexico city.
Thank you to the staff for such a lovely experience!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Titanetsissi
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Although I only spent 2 nights here, it was wonderful. As a single, I took the treehouse. Small but very very charming. Where to start? Food, great! Company better. Location and ease of transportation very convenient. When again in DF, I'll be at the Red Tree house.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cecelia H
Reviewed 29 February 2012

The Red Tree House is simply the very best bed and breakfast in which I have ever stayed, and I have stayed in dozens. This review is way overdue as I stayed there two years ago now. I am one of those TA members who read and value everyone else's reviews but rarely take the time to write myself. But the Red Tree House is just the best. Greg and Jorge (and Jorge's mom who cooks fabulous breakfasts) are the best hosts imaginable. They make you feel welcome, they help you plan your days -- or not -- depending on what you want, and every single one of their recommendations were spot on. I traveled first with my husband, and then my mom came to join me and my husband returned to California. My mom is more of an American big hotel wherever she travels kind of gal, so we stayed at the Sheraton for a few days, but I had had such a good time at the Red Tree House that I ended up booking back with Greg and Jorge for the last part of our stay, so I was able to stay in more than one room.

The houses themselves are exquisite -- very modern, clean and up to date but with homey, Mexican accents that banish any thought of sterility. The beds are great -- really comfortable and warm. The bathrooms are super modern and incredibly clean. You feel like you are in your own little world when you are in your room, but then you can walk out into the courtyard and you are in a lush wonderful garden. It is surprisingly quiet in the house and the courtyard -- which can be important after a bustling day in Mexico City. I cannot think of a single negative -- it is all just so perfect. And fun!

The main house has free computers for guests to use, an inviting living room to hang out in and Greg and Jorge will even get your laundry done for you if you need. The breakfasts alone are worth the trip -- Jorge's mom makes the most incredible traditional Mexican breakfasts, so good that you really only need two meals a day. And they are full of guidebooks and restaurant recommendations -- and ones tailored to our unique situation that satisfied me, who wanted traditional Mexican cuisine, my mom, not an adventurous eater, and my husband, who wants gluten and sugar free food. And they found places that worked for all of us. The neighborhood is a welcome relief from the more touristy and more dense areas of town. It is lovely to walk around in, and the public transport is really close by, just a few blocks away. So is the hop-on, hop-off bus stop if you want that.

While we do not have another trip planned to Mexico City -- we had a great time, but the air pollution is a turn-off, it is back on my list, just so I can stay at the Red Tree House again.

Now my consience is clear and I can go back to reading the reviews from others.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family