“Outstanding”

Los Danzantes Oaxaca
Reserve with OpenTable
Los Danzantes Oaxaca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 588 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Los Danzantes Oaxaca is a complete experience for all the senses: food, mezcal, service, decoration, ambience and music join to get that result. Traditional with a touch of nouveau ceeating a relaxing environment perfect to enjoy a unique meal! (A customer).
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This just might be my favorite restaurant in Oaxaca. We had chicken with a red mole sauce( superb), and another chicken dish that was outstanding. We started with a great local salad with a tasty mustard dressing, very fresh. We ended with chocolate lava dessert with ginger ice cream (as good as it gets), and coffee. Total bill including 20% tip was $43 for 2 people! And service was attentive and friendly. Finally, the restaurant itself was unique and lovely. Don’t miss eating here!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank PaulFradin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,719)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had the most surprisingly bad experience with LD last week --- I am a tour guide and had 8 folks there for Day of the Dead, so went IN PERSON to make a reservation for a subsequent night for my group. During the actual days of the dead LD doesn't accept reservations, so I made one for Nov. 6th. The woman manger (short gray hair) logged it on her computer, Open Table sent me a confirmation, and on Nov. 6th promptly at 7 PM my group was turned away at the door because LD had given the restaurant to a private party! They had made us a reservation at Pitiona but we were SO DISAPPOINTED .........and could not shake the feeling that Los Danzantes had thrown us under the bus when a better offer came along. I do not for one minute believe that they had the private party booked and forgot to put that in their computer.

But what's making me write this negative review today is that I have not yet received the apology email I fully expected from that manager (let alone the offer of a discount on my return visit, which is now very unlikely to occur!). Janie Cravens

Date of visit: November 2018
3  Thank janie c
Reviewed October 31, 2018

you can´t imagine a place like this in Oaxaca downtown if you don´t know about it, because it is inside a building, it is very nice place, with very good food and perfect service, I recommend it very much for dinner, but have to make resevation, because it is a Little place with a lot of demmand

Reviewed October 30, 2018

As a Mexican I have tried many Mexican restaurants. I find at Los Danzantes gastronomical tradition and contemporary cuisine...specially in Oaxaca where so many flavors are met. Try this restaurant and a mezcal. The Chile Ancho rellendo de huitlacoche is great...as the tlayuda with shrimps.

2  Thank jcruza2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018

a work of art, both the food and the facility. we had a fantastic time there. get the duck tacos for an app. I had the confit of pork ribs for the main meal. I had the cold cheese cake with red wine sauce, not too heavy. I rarely get desserts but this place is worth doing it. The place is a feast for the eyes. you must walk up some stairs to get to it. They let you try the wines before buying and they were quite good.

1  Thank 888rp