“New location for El Morocco at Gomez Farías #403, 1/2 block from Parque El Llano”

El Morocco Restaurante-Lounge-Cafe
Ranked #41 of 565 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed April 13, 2018

El Morocco

Notice: In April 2018, El Morocco will be moving to a new location at Gomez Farías #403, in the Centro of Oaxaca, between Reforma and Juarez. Their new restaurant will be half a block away from Parque El Llano, which should be a great location for them.

They are open from 8:00 AM until 23:00 PM on Tuesday through Sunday (Closed Monday). Telephone 951-513-6804. Facebook: El Morocco Restaurante Oaxaca.

I ate there twice during my recent visit to Oaxaca, and was greatly pleased both times. The first time, I and a friend shared hummus, that arrived with both vegetables and warm pita bread. Then we dined on some of the best moussaka that I have ever eaten. This was washed down with excellent sangria. For dessert we had baklava.

The second time that I went I had the hummus again. This was followed by a delicious pastilla, a soft , round pastry stuffed with a chicken mixture and topped in good Moroccan style with powdered sugar, cinnamon, and fresh mint leaves.

Vegetarians should be happy. If the quality of the hummus is any indication, they will have some treats in store as well.

1  Thank griggs2000

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Awesome Moroccan restaurant, good prices and great selection of different dishes.
Very impressed with the food! Good veggie and vegan options. I love Mexican food, but this was a much appreciated (and very tasty) break from the local cuisine.
Clutching at straws for a bad thing to say, I found the low seats uncomfortable, but that's my bad for not sitting at a taller table!

Reviewed March 3, 2018

El Morocco is great for a night out with friends. Not too far out from the center of town in Oaxaca City. Particularly good for vegan diners. Great Mexican staff and aa little bit of the North Africa in Mexico

Reviewed February 16, 2018

We have shared the pastilla, moussaka, couscous with lamb and couscous with chcken and enjoyed them all. The couscous with lamb had less meat than the one with chicken but was still o.k.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

This was a pleasant reminder of our two Morocco trips. Food was well prepared with a nice presentation. It was very flavorful.
The dinner was delicious but I would skip dessert there. The pastry I had was fresh and tasty but tiny.