“Great soup”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2018

I went twice. When I went for lunch I had the Oaxacan soup that was excellent. I went back for dinner and at the waitresses recommendation ordered a fish dish that came wrapped in foil with onions and potatoes. It did not have much flavor and I did not enjoy it as much as I had hoped. I did have a nice cocktail with Mezcal. I am in Oaxaca for a month and do plan to go back to give it another try. Very nice atmosphere. Good service but a little on the slow side.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

Nice atmosphere restaurant and very good food. Sometimes you can even see famous people. Very friend and authentic Oaxaca food.
Un lugar maravilloso y encantador para comer.

1  Thank Rebeca9
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Nice atmosphere, slightly more formal than many other restaurants. The service was good, but the food expensive in comparison to other similar meals we had. We asked for a typical Oaxacan dessert to split and the waiter suggested the chocolate tamale. It didn't look particularly appealing but tasted very chocolaty. It normally comes with a few berries and a small scoop of vanilla icecream. Because we were sharing it they cut the berries in half and added a second walnut sized scoop of icecream which we later saw they chaged 35 pesos for.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We found this charming friendly restaurant to be a great place to explore local Oaxacan food. You can taste various rypes of mole, grasshopper dishes and various mescals. THe ambience is nice - a mix of locals and tourists.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

The atmosphere is about the only good point of this place. My wife had one "specialty of the house"--the 3 mole dinner and it was one of the worst moles she's ever had. My tlayuda was dry and tasteless. The service was a bit overbearing and amateurish.