All reviews hot water great location benito juarez chocolate shop small coffee shop comfortable rooms balcony door cute hotel chilaquiles tiny room old colonial directly across the street yogurt walking distance would highly recommend this hotel central location standard room
Reviewed May 23, 2017

Brilliant location, everything in walking distance. I would also say the rooms were really beautiful and so was the hotel. The breakfast option is limited but for the price I paid I wouldn't complain. It was amazing, and the hotel staff was very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a budget yet amazing stay. x

Room Tip: Try getting a room in the inner building as it is quiter
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank roro2102
Reviewed May 15, 2017

The hotel is situated in a beuatiful old colonial house one blocck from the Zocalo and approximately 20 minutes from the airport. While the building is very nce, the rooms vary a lot. We happened to have a tiny room, with a small bed, they only gave us one pillow per person, the water in the shower was luke warm and breakfast consisted of cereal, chilaquiles and bread. I think that considering the price of the hotel, one can expect more. Reception service was great, but coming back at 4pm and see that your room hasn't been mad was also disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pixxidix
Reviewed May 2, 2017

This hotel is perfect due to its location, everything you want to visit downtown is walking distance. Safe to walk around any time of the day . The downsize is that it is located right across the street from the "mercados", which can be noisy and very crowded. There are two huge markets, one is arts, and crafts an thousands of other things and tge other is where you can sit an eat very cheap real oaxacan food (mole enchiladas, cheese quesadillas, etc ) . Worth a visit. If you stay at this hotel don't expect luxury, it is clea, and serves breakfast included, but we were there end of april and the heat was unbearable (90's) and there is no A/C . Wi fi is excellent . Ask for secon floor inside rooms, the others are noisy or too hot .

Room Tip: Secon floor, interior ( behind the patio fountain)
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamaratabak
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Trebol overnight en route to Zipolite. I chose it partly because it was close to the bus station and partly because it had good reviews.

It's a cute hotel with lots of character in a great location. The staff on reception were lovely.

I was surprised to find out that breakfast was included in the rate, as it wasn't mentioned on booking. I had to check out before breakfast started at 8am, so I can't comment on how it was.

The room was also very cute and nicely furnished. No view from the window, but that was fine. Wifi was strong. Good quality toiletries in the bathroom.

Unfortunately, I had a number of issues:
- I couldn't switch the TV on. I tried everything. And believe me, I wasn't being dumb! But I only wanted to watch for a few minutes before bedtime, so it wasn't a big problem.
- The room I booked didn't have aircon. I didn't notice when booking. As it happens, I try to avoid aircon anyway. But the room was incredibly hot. The floor-standing fan was pretty ineffective. If I'd known, I'd have chosen a room where I had the option of aircon.
- There was no hot water. I know they sometimes it can take quite a long time for hot water to reach the taps in some places, but I left them running for 10 minutes. So I had to take a cold shower at 6am.

The hotel has a good reputation so, had I not returned back to my room quite late (11pm) and had I not been checking out early (6.30am), I am sure these issues could have been resolved and it wouldn't put me off staying here in future.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank pdmancs
Reviewed March 27, 2017

The Hotel Trebol is in a perfect location and is an excellent value for the price. It is located directly across the street from the famous Mercado Benito Juárez. It is also easily walking distance from the majority of the sites in Oaxaca that most tourists would want to visit. The room was spacious and comfortable. The parking is in a very secure location only a few blocks away and the staff was always very helpful and willing to give us access to either putting the car in the parking area or when we wanted to leave they were always available. Breakfast was included and while not extravagant it was still a good start of the day. There is also a very nice, small coffee shop and ice cream/crepe shop that is attached to the hotel that you enter from the street. It has very nice coffee and is worth a visit though it is not run by the hotel. The property was well cared for and clean.The garden courtyard has a lovely fountain that is very nice and the hotel is decorated with some beautiful artwork from local artists. The only negative is that the hot water in our room was not great but for the price of the room I truly have no complaints. The staff was exceptionally helpful. Some guests would find that the rooms are not quiet enough but you must keep in mind that you are staying in an old style property and that running the fan will cancel out a lot of exterior noise. I would happily stay at the Hotel Trebol again and would recommend it to other guests.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the dining courtyard can be noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple