See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 2, 2015

We recently spent 7 nights at Hotel Posada Yagul. The staff was exceedingly friendly and accommodating. The room and bathroom were large, but very basic. We had problems with not always having hot water in our room. The staff was helpful, offered to switch rooms, etc. It sounds like this was not a global problem. Wifi was good in our room and the central areas of the hotel.
The continental breakfast was great - fresh juice, fresh fruit with yogurt/granola, coffee/tea and fresh rolls. We did order eggs and quesadillas a couple of mornings - they cook right in front of you in the patio which is fun to watch.
A very convenient, central location.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W7441TAsarahg
Reviewed February 5, 2015

I was lucky to stumble across Hotel Posada Yagul upon my first visit to Oaxaca. I spent about a week here with my boyfriend and it was dreamy :)! It is in the perfect location minutes away on foot from the markets and beautiful botanical gardens. The rooms are spacious and clean, the beds are crazy comfy and the hot water shower is always great after a long day in Oaxaca. The complementary Breakfast is fantastic and always fresh, but do order from the menu because everything is so tasty and prepared right in front of you. On my 2nd visit I chose to take a few Spanish classes at Oaxaca International conveniently located 2 minutes from the Posada. I enjoyed doing my homework in their courtyard which is Beautifully decorated with flowers and fruit trees. The staff is super friendly and helpful ask them for tips on where to eat, shop and the different tours Oaxaca has to offer. They will go out of their way to help. Also a plus is the WIFI is fantastic, I have had trouble in other places but this one was crazy fast and made skyping easy (nothing more frustrating then bad connection when skyping).

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robin S
Reviewed December 26, 2014

A friend and I just spent 9 nights in Hotel Posada Yagul. The longer we stayed the happier we were with our choice.
It is a small hotel located within easy walking distance to the zocalo and all that the city center has to offer. We felt very secure walking around the entire area at night.
Except for ugly old tiles in half the floor in our enormous room both the bedroom and bathroom were updated and yet had the charm of a past time. The curtains and bedspreads were classic Mexican artisan weave. We had plenty of space to hang our clothes or fold them in drawers. There was a long desk with a tv sitting on one end.
We had WIFI in our room as we were in the front half of the hotel(not on the street). The back rooms are off a patio in a rear section. They have no WIFI but guests can sit in the front inside patio to use it.
The bathroom had a very large shower.
The staff is friendly and accommodating.
The breakfasts were healthy as fruit juices, plus mixed fruit bowls with yogurt were the center pieces of the continental breakfast. We had a choice of coffee, tea or chocolate and pastries
were included.
I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank happynmex
Reviewed November 22, 2014

We stayed six nights at the Hotel Posada Yagul and enjoyed every minute of the time. The manager and all the other staff were friendly and helpful. We were offered our choice of rooms after the first night and we chose a room at the back, "Coyotepec" (all the rooms have names). Our bed was comfortable and clean and the room was quiet at night. The hotel is small, so during the day one can hear a bit of noise as staff go about cleaning and changing linens, but it is still quiet enough to take a nap in the afternoon. I can't say enough about how helpful the manager (Dalia?) was. She arranged for a tour to see the cemeteries for the Day of the Dead, which was one of the main reasons we visited Oaxaca. She also offered suggestions for restaurants and was always concerned for our safety when we told her we here headed to other parts of town. We never had a bit of trouble with safety or anything else in Oaxaca, though - it's a wonderful place to visit. The breakfast included with the price of the room is very good - bread, good coffee, fresh juice, and a plate of fresh fruit with granola, yogurt and honey. One can order other items such as huevos a la mexicana from a menu but there is an extra charge for that. As many other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel is well located, just a few minutes walk from the zocalo, an Oxxo shop, and several markets. The Hotel Posada Yagul is a very good value and if we are in Oaxaca again we will stay there a second time. Incidentally, I asked about the one and only negative review of the hotel and there is more to the story than was told in the review. I felt comfortable leaving valuables in our room and would do so again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have more privacy and are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chares
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

I felt in house in this place. I was traveling for my honeymoon for a month in America and this place is insane just magical. The service is the best, staff explain you everything you need for traveling. All places are nearby and wifi is really good cause I could keep in touch with my family all the time! Food is stunning my first time trying such a different but typical Mexican food yummi & delicious! I wish I was there in this moment! I'll come back...

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple