See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 31, 2015

Good location with all you need. Just a few minutes from the center. Clean beds, rooms and toilet. Fast Wifi for free. Good and friendly staff. Nice and free breakfast. Definitely worth staying. even for a few days.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2015

Four of us (two couples) shared a private bedroom with 2 double beds and private bathroom. The room was nice, spacious and most importantly clean. The staff were helpful and breakfasts were small but sufficient. Very central. Recommend.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shaan D
Reviewed March 2, 2015

We recently spent 7 nights at Hotel Posada Yagul. The staff was exceedingly friendly and accommodating. The room and bathroom were large, but very basic. We had problems with not always having hot water in our room. The staff was helpful, offered to switch rooms, etc. It sounds like this was not a global problem. Wifi was good in our room and the central areas of the hotel.
The continental breakfast was great - fresh juice, fresh fruit with yogurt/granola, coffee/tea and fresh rolls. We did order eggs and quesadillas a couple of mornings - they cook right in front of you in the patio which is fun to watch.
A very convenient, central location.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W7441TAsarahg
Reviewed February 5, 2015

I was lucky to stumble across Hotel Posada Yagul upon my first visit to Oaxaca. I spent about a week here with my boyfriend and it was dreamy :)! It is in the perfect location minutes away on foot from the markets and beautiful botanical gardens. The rooms are spacious and clean, the beds are crazy comfy and the hot water shower is always great after a long day in Oaxaca. The complementary Breakfast is fantastic and always fresh, but do order from the menu because everything is so tasty and prepared right in front of you. On my 2nd visit I chose to take a few Spanish classes at Oaxaca International conveniently located 2 minutes from the Posada. I enjoyed doing my homework in their courtyard which is Beautifully decorated with flowers and fruit trees. The staff is super friendly and helpful ask them for tips on where to eat, shop and the different tours Oaxaca has to offer. They will go out of their way to help. Also a plus is the WIFI is fantastic, I have had trouble in other places but this one was crazy fast and made skyping easy (nothing more frustrating then bad connection when skyping).

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robin S
Reviewed December 26, 2014

A friend and I just spent 9 nights in Hotel Posada Yagul. The longer we stayed the happier we were with our choice.
It is a small hotel located within easy walking distance to the zocalo and all that the city center has to offer. We felt very secure walking around the entire area at night.
Except for ugly old tiles in half the floor in our enormous room both the bedroom and bathroom were updated and yet had the charm of a past time. The curtains and bedspreads were classic Mexican artisan weave. We had plenty of space to hang our clothes or fold them in drawers. There was a long desk with a tv sitting on one end.
We had WIFI in our room as we were in the front half of the hotel(not on the street). The back rooms are off a patio in a rear section. They have no WIFI but guests can sit in the front inside patio to use it.
The bathroom had a very large shower.
The staff is friendly and accommodating.
The breakfasts were healthy as fruit juices, plus mixed fruit bowls with yogurt were the center pieces of the continental breakfast. We had a choice of coffee, tea or chocolate and pastries
were included.
I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends