“Very good food at very good price !”
Review of Tuluc

Tuluc
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

The Tuluc was the first restaurant we found in San Cristobal on our very early arrival.
We had an excellent breakfast there, mixing delicious and well cooked pancakes, a fresh fruit salad and some scrambled eggs with chorizo, mexican style. The waiter was very nice, bringing more coffee (american) for free. Happy with this first experience, we went back there for breakfast and once for dinner.
The food was very good and felt and tasted very authentic, service was equally efficient and pleasant.
Lastly, the bill has always been very reasonable, actually it's one of the best "quality/price" ratio we found during our month trip in Mexico.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

After 3 days in San Cristobal we'd had nothing but excellent food. That is until we tried Restaurante Tuluc. We shared a Parrillada - the stringy beef steak tasted of liver and the chorizo was 90% fat. The tacos were particularly bad - breaking as soon as they were picked up. The meal came with no side sauces to add any flavour.

Service is almost non-existent - they were all off in another room - yet they saw fit to put a suggested tip on the bill.

2  Thank swhale
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I spent 2 weeks in Mexico eating food on the streets and in tiny local bars and I felt absolutely great and healthy until I went to this restaurant recommended by all guidebooks I have! I ate the speciality of the resto called filete Tuluc - beef with spinach and cheese. I got sick. One tip: San Christobal is considered as a vegetarian town so in order to avoid stomach problems just eat vege food during your stay.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Ten years ago, whan the chef owner was present, it was a good place to eat for a fair price. I have been sick after having the parrillada, a quite disgusting and greay mixture. The toll was a day rest.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I celebrated our first meal in chiapas here. It was a rainy night, the place looked empty...we took a shot. We hadn't had meat in a awhile so we ordered steaks. One was on a platter and the other was their signature dish (a steak frites), rolled up in spinach. Best steaks we've had in mexico. Good selection of wine. And dessert was yummy too. I had the apple strudel and my honey had a chocolate cake. This isn't 100% traditional mexican food...it does have a european bent. But the food is good. And the staff, super friendly. Our waiter was great (helps to speak spanish). For a good bottle of argentinian wine, entrees and dessert, the cost was $47 USD. An hour later, the locals roll in...a young group of friends, some old timers. If there's one tip I've learned, it's eat where the locals eat. I'd highly recommend this place. Go to Tuluc.