“Very bad experience”

Tuluc
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 26, 2015 via mobile

The waiter wanted to charge me for a large orange juice that I didn't even order or drink. He also asked me for money because I charged a small electronic device for 15mn (without telling me I had to pay for this beforehand). Lunch is ok, breakfast is poor.

Don't go there.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this place by a local ... who said the prices were reasonable but the food great.

We simply found the prices reasonable but the food very average and the service subpar ... the waiter dilly dallyed a lot.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The Tuluc was the first restaurant we found in San Cristobal on our very early arrival.
We had an excellent breakfast there, mixing delicious and well cooked pancakes, a fresh fruit salad and some scrambled eggs with chorizo, mexican style. The waiter was very nice, bringing more coffee (american) for free. Happy with this first experience, we went back there for breakfast and once for dinner.
The food was very good and felt and tasted very authentic, service was equally efficient and pleasant.
Lastly, the bill has always been very reasonable, actually it's one of the best "quality/price" ratio we found during our month trip in Mexico.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

After 3 days in San Cristobal we'd had nothing but excellent food. That is until we tried Restaurante Tuluc. We shared a Parrillada - the stringy beef steak tasted of liver and the chorizo was 90% fat. The tacos were particularly bad - breaking as soon as they were picked up. The meal came with no side sauces to add any flavour.

Service is almost non-existent - they were all off in another room - yet they saw fit to put a suggested tip on the bill.

2  Thank swhale
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I spent 2 weeks in Mexico eating food on the streets and in tiny local bars and I felt absolutely great and healthy until I went to this restaurant recommended by all guidebooks I have! I ate the speciality of the resto called filete Tuluc - beef with spinach and cheese. I got sick. One tip: San Christobal is considered as a vegetarian town so in order to avoid stomach problems just eat vege food during your stay.