“A New Favorite”

Tuluc
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 7, 2017

I have been to San Cris many times and dined here a few times but this time things seemed much improved. I was with a friend on her second visit and she didn't want to go anywhere else.
The service was outstanding. A very personable, efficient waiter who was always there when needed but not hovering.
We found the fixed price meals to be a great value. They include everything from a small alcoholic pre meal drink , soup , entree to dessert and coffee. The drink was so good we stopped in to just try a drink to warm us up while walking around.
Our only regret was that we didn't have more time to eat here.

Reviewed January 17, 2016 via mobile

We visited the restaurant after a recommendation from a guy in our hotel. We chose from the set menu with a fish dish as a main for 120 peso for the set. We were not impressed by the food at all. Staff relatively attentive. However, the place looks more like a European style restaurant than anything Mexican. Not what we would look for.

Reviewed June 26, 2015 via mobile

The waiter wanted to charge me for a large orange juice that I didn't even order or drink. He also asked me for money because I charged a small electronic device for 15mn (without telling me I had to pay for this beforehand). Lunch is ok, breakfast is poor.

Don't go there.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this place by a local ... who said the prices were reasonable but the food great.

We simply found the prices reasonable but the food very average and the service subpar ... the waiter dilly dallyed a lot.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The Tuluc was the first restaurant we found in San Cristobal on our very early arrival.
We had an excellent breakfast there, mixing delicious and well cooked pancakes, a fresh fruit salad and some scrambled eggs with chorizo, mexican style. The waiter was very nice, bringing more coffee (american) for free. Happy with this first experience, we went back there for breakfast and once for dinner.
The food was very good and felt and tasted very authentic, service was equally efficient and pleasant.
Lastly, the bill has always been very reasonable, actually it's one of the best "quality/price" ratio we found during our month trip in Mexico.