Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$13
SAVE US$3
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$13
TravelocityUS$13
eDreamsUS$16
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

this hotel went above our expectations, taking our luggage to and from our room. very clean room, nice entry and very safe. they called a taxi for us, helped us with directions, delicious breakfast. this hotel is close to the center of Vera Cruz shopping and activities. free Wi-Fi. I plan to use this hotel for future travels.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2015

The positive: located a block away from the Zocalo, and the Malecón, respectively, and next to a bus stop, the location is good to explore Veracruz.
The hotel is clean and the reception staff friendly.
However:
At the least the weekend I was there, the hotel was completely overpriced. I booked it via a hotel booking site, got a small room with window facing a light shaft. Internet did not work. The room price at the desk, cheaper than what I had paid via the booking site, was still around three times as high as similar quality hotels nearby (1300 pesos, vs ca 380 for several other same-quality places equally well located).
The air-condition is relatively noisy unit on the wall that I fortunately did not really need to use.
The shower had no hot water (at least no warm water came despite letting the water run for a while)
If it had not been for the overall cleanliness I would have given it a "terrible" rating.

Room tip: unless the place is fully booked, have rooms shown to you and decide (but as stated above, if given a choice, I'd go somewhere else)
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Gregor H
Reviewed November 3, 2014

I cant complain, getting an old but clean room, with bano, fan and no tv , but in a very good location for 160 peso. I think its a good deal. I rather spend money on food, than for my room. And the cheapest rooms are on 3rd floor, which istnt noisy. good wifi.

Room tip: less noisy the cheapest ones erd floor
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 1999traveler1999
Reviewed October 15, 2014

This place gets my five stars because they allowed my dog to stay in the room. Such a hotel feature in the country is hard to come by.

In addition, they have very reasonable rates; they are very close to the center of town; they have clean, yet basic rooms; they had wifi even on the third floor; they have off-street parking; the staff was friendly.

I would suggest getting a room on the top floor. The breeze shot straight through our window and into our room.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We paid 190 pesos for a room with fan and no tv. Breakfast of coffee and sweet roll is included. Simple but adequate. The coffee and roll were fresh and tasty. You can eat in the cafeteria or take it to go. The staff is professional, meaning they are friendly but not indifferent, nothing more or less. The place is spotless, and comfortable. There is parking if you are driving. The center is a minute away on foot.
For the price we paid we did get a simple room without tv. Interwebs did not work in the room, but we were high up on the 3rd floor and in a room not surrounding the courtyard. Seems all rooms have private bathroom. There is hot water. In the lobby is a guest computer if you are not packing your own. Oxxo is next door, as well as a very popular taco stand. Directly across the street is a great bakery. On the next block is a wonderful seafood joint that goes on for 24 hours. Really good food, enjoyed by locals. Past reviews have mentioned noise here, and I agree that can always be a problem. The Amparo was quite peaceful on the Sunday evening we checked in. Most rooms surround a central courtyard, and the noise from the common area may get into those rooms. We took #32 which was quiet and had 3 windows which all let in a very nice breeze and natural light.
After 9 months of travel, this is as good as it gets anywhere. This place is an absolute joy for the price. So good to see a hotel in this price range that is not a shambles. A great budget spot.

Date of stay: April 2014