All reviews bali beds market grill pool concierge mole dinner reservations la palapa restaurant exclusive restaurant blue agave butler service amazing butler assigned a butler luxury suite yhi spa breakfast and lunch naos buffet chocolate covered strawberries resort is beautiful
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

I arrived July 8th for 8 days staying in Royal Service at Paradisus Cancun Royal Service. Combination business and pleasure. Every morning I start the day off with Joel de Jesus Rojano. Joel is a great waiter-attentive, helpful, always available, and brings service with a smile. A gentle man.

As a former waiter who eats all over the world, I know I can be demanding of good service, but I am always quick to recognise a gem. Gracìas a Joel for giving my mornings a pleasant start. He makes Royal Service authentic. You need more Joels.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Ricardo R, Gerente at Royal Service at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Dear ChipBarkel,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at Paradisus and for writing such lovely and motivating comment on TA.

It was a pleasure for us to have you here and pamper you as you deserve. Our team work hard to fulfill all our guests needs and we are so glad we did it with you!

We will be delighted to have you here in a near future. Please do not hesitate in contact us for further requests.

Sunny regards from Cancun!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We booked the royal service after reading tons of reviews here on Tripadvisor. The royal service is located in building #5 where you need your room key to get access to the building. On the ground floor it is a courtyard serving light breakfast from 6am to 11am. After 11am, it serves a full bar with light refreshments until 11pm. The royal service also comes with a adult only private pool with cabanas for the guests. Our group of 6 adults were looking forward to the personalized butler service but it turned out very disappointing. Our butler is not attentive at all and we hardly see her around. She booked our 4 nights restaurant reservations but one didn't actually booked but luckily the restaurant was not busy at the time we arrived so we were able to walk in. To make the long story short, we didn't feel the butler was there to provide a personalized service which we were looking forward to. Towards half way of our trip we decided to contact the front desk ourselves to get what we need and end up we had better lucks getting a prompt and responsive services. I wouldn't suggest the royal service unless you prefer a quite pool without kids running screaming around. Other than that, all the personalized services the butlers promised to offer you can simply do it yourself with few phone calls. Another disappointing experience with the royal service was that we called the front desk for direction to the Marina Aquatours and the royal service front desk lady (Veronica) has told us it is directly across the resort. But, actually it is 7.5 miles (20 minutes taxi ride) from the resort. Thank you Google Map and thank you to myself just to double check, otherwise we would've missed our tour.

Other than the sad disappointment from the royal service, the resort is nice overall. I gave big thumbs up to Vento and Market Grill, two of the best restaurants you must try at least once.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caliza1988

Dear Caliza1988

Greetings from Paradisus Cancún Resort !

Thank you for sparing your time in responding to the Trip Advisor and bringing this matter to our attention and we sincerely hope that you will have no further cause for any complain in our service in near future. Your comments will help us serve you and our entire guest better in the future.

We apologize for the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused to you. The Resort is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable

we continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

We absolutely loved our stay at the Royal Service. Eduardo was our amazing butler. He spoiled us! Eduardo truly takes his job seriously and makes sure you are totally taken care of. We enjoyed the entire staff, they were all so friendly and thoughtful. The restaurant and bar service by the pool were our absolute favorite place to be. The facilities are amazing, the location is so beautiful and it is so relaxing! We started talking about our next visit while we were still there. We can't wait to return in November. This vacation was a rock star for us and it was all because of the Royal Service Team! Thank you so much!

Room Tip: If you are traveling without children, stay on the Royal Service side. It is so worth it and makes it a true vacation.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Girl4Boating
Ricardo R, Gerente at Royal Service at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Dear Girl4Boating

We are happy to have met your expectations. We know that our work is good when it is recognized in the way you have done it
For this and much more I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.
We hope that in the future you will give us the opportunity to re-acquaint you with the great things we have to offer.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information on your next trip to Cancun.

Hotel manager

Reviewed July 2, 2017

Wow! What a holiday!

What a great holiday! What a great Hotel. What a great team - from the bar staff, to the pool staff (Carlos) to Hector (our Butler) and the whole of the Concierge team especially Veronica.

Check in:

Fast and very personal in the Royal section of the Hotel. Introduced to our Butler - Hector - who detailed his role and showed us around the complex. Very respectful and a great team player. Supported us throughout the stay making bookings in restaurants and day trips.

Rooms:

Clean, spacious, fitted with mini bar that was refilled daily at absolutely no additional cost. Room service was a bit slow on the two occasions that we used it.

Food:

Plenty of choice of specialist restaurants and in addition the Buffet restaurant. Food was 10/10. The Royal breakfast and snack area was brilliant and very convenient on the two early starts that we had during the stay.

Pool/Beach:

We used the pool and beach allocated to the Royal customers . Bali beds arranged by Hector/Carlos. Service was excellent and always respectful. Snacks always plentiful and delicious. Carlos at the Pool provided great support to any of our requests.

Summary

Great Hotel, will hopefully return soon!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rakesh M

Dear Rakesh M

It is for us a sign that our work here is appreciated and recognized, And this encourage us to continue to improve and give our best.
We hope that in the future we will have the idea to stay again so that you can enjoy the great wonders that we have for you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any additional help in your next trip to Cancun.

Hotel manager

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

Here is my letter to Melia:

To Whom It May Concern:

As I stated on your Facebook post, we are repeat guests at the Paradisus Cancun, always staying in the Royal Service side. This past trip was our 5th stay with you, so we knew what to expect and looked forward to many of the comforts of coming back to a place we love so much. We are also MeliaRewards members, and know they receive a few extra small perks.

I reached out to Larazo Asencion about a week prior to our trip, as I had done the previous stays. I informed him of a few small requests, and our arrival time. As it was an early arrival (10:30am) I did not expect a room to be ready, but I kindly requested a Bali bed as we planned to get into the resort and take a nap by the pool before we would be shown our room. Amazingly enough, our room was ready when we arrived, which was a pleasant surprise! We also requested a specific butler, Daniel C, who was also available during our trip. So far so good! Our dinner reservations at Market Grill were also confirmed for that first night, as was also requested.

Previously we had always received a room upgrade (the last trip, at the end of November, we had a FANTASTIC room in Pyramid 4, more on that in a moment) but we were not offered one this time. Not a big deal, but since all of our other trips had this added feature, we were slightly disappointed not to have it offered this time. The reason we received such a splendid room at the end of November was due to Pyramid 5 going through upgrades and being closed. Had we known that prior to booking, it may have changed our minds, and we commented to such, so they generously upgraded us and our other party to better rooms - we landed into a beautiful suite with two balconies. Again, since we have been here before, there were certain small comforts we were looking forward to, such as a relaxed breakfast in the atrium in Pyramid 5 every morning, watching the fish swim while we enjoyed a cappuccino. Its the little things.

I had gone on TripAdvisor to read the most current reviews of Paradisus before departure, and I learned that the sister property, M by Melia, was under renovation and that guests were being switched to Paradisus. None of this really worried me, as in our previous stays we’d never received anything less than outstanding service, regardless of how busy the resort was. This time, however, was different. Even though we had our requested butler, we hardly saw him. His shift was totally opposite the times we were in the resort (we like to go off-site for shopping in the afternoon and dinner), so any needs or wants we had during the day had to be handled by other butlers. Thankfully, because we were repeat customers, many of the butlers knew us and gladly helped us out (the tips certainly didn’t hurt either). It was not what we had expected nor what we were used to. It’s not the Royal Service we were accustomed to.

We spent the majority of our stay out by the pool, and I have to give a huge thank you to Eddie and Valeria - they are EXCELLENT at their jobs, and always go above and beyond. They received a larger tip at the end of our stay than our butler, only because they actually did more and took better care of us. I’m not laying any blame on Daniel, he didn’t have control over his schedule, but he had too many guests to properly take care of ANY of his guests. I watched him attend to at least 8 other couples when we were lounging at the pool - previously I had only ever seen him with 3 or 4. Clearly he was overextended, and to this I blame management. Truthfully, ALL the butlers were - I never actually saw anyone stop and have a real conversation with their guests, it was always very short, and then they’d run off to the next guest. This was part of the Royal Service experience that disappointed the most - the butlers typically spend time with their guests getting to know them so they can take better care of them, but that’s not possible when you have too many guests to take care of. They are obviously short the number of staff they need to properly cater to their guests.

We did not let the above situations dampen our trip, though. We enjoyed our time by the pool, and we enjoyed the new menu outside in the Royal Service restaurant, La Palapa. It was MUCH better than our past experience, and we actually ate lunch there more this trip than we did any of our other trips. The quality and freshness was evident in every dish. As always, the cocktails and drinks by the pool were also wonderful. The food inside at the Royal Service “snack” area also saw an upgrade - we thoroughly enjoyed the new additions of jalapeño poppers and other warm foods in the early afternoon. Previously it had always been meats, cheeses and fruits, these casual snacks were the perfect accompaniment.

So, in conclusion, although we love Paradisus, we feel our last trip there has made it evident it may be time for us to try some place new. We love Royal Service, but until they hire additional butlers, we feel we are not getting the true “royal service” that is advertised.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any additional questions you may have regarding our last stay, or any of our 4 previous visits.

*********
I loved Paradisus but I will be looking at other resorts for our trip in September.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shellyduchsk8s

Dear Shellyduchsk8s

I want to thank the time used to share your new perception of our hotel. We are proud to know that this time we make you feel wonderful, because that will always be our goal.
I also appreciate the comments about royal service; this section specially designed for adults is at the level of the highest expectations and a team that always responds with maximum speed and efficiency possible.
Our work does not stop there, we are in a continuous improvement to reach perfection and share with you all the wonders that the mexican caribbean has to offer.
I want to extend you our warmest invitation to let us be your host in the near future again, I'm sure you'll be surprised.

Kindest regards