Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
US$468
US$311
galahotels.com
8,929 results
All reviewsfish tacosel mexicanojuan josemoon towersan telmoitalian restaurantchef josuetuna towerlobby barceviche barupper poolocean frontgarden viewmaster suitemichael jackson showsushiother resorts
Reviewed March 8, 2012

First the bad ... My boyfriend and I booked 10 nights through Expedia almost a year in advance. We paid for an ocean view, king size bed and walked into a room with double beds (with hardly a view of the ocean). Went back to the front desk waited 2 hours but finally received the right room. THEN our room key kept breaking (5 trips back to the front desk and it was finally fixed).

THE GOOD: EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!
The food was great, beach, location, room, and staff. EVERYTHING was wonderful. We stayed here in June 2011. We loved it so much we just booked 10 nights for July 2012. We paid for an ocean front room this time not ocean view so hopefully it runs a little smoother.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank denavillanueva
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Our trip was the week of feb 29th-mar 7th. Unfortunatly the weather did not co-operate, 2 nice days, the rest overcast, extremly windy, some rain and cool. Watching guests lie on their chairs wrapped in towles was sorta funny. yes the resort is small, being so close to the beach, which was beautifull and clean, made the wind strong even on the milder days. they do not have very many trees that can shelter the property, not much green space either.
The rooms were not what we are used to, with the bathrooms very small indeed, there is about a 18 inch step up into the tub, be carefull if you have had a dink or two before your shower. the staff do not clean the sliding doors, somewhat grimy. they do a lick and a promise type of cleaning job, throw a bucket of soapy water on the floor then slosh it around. our balconey was not cleaned once in our week stay, we had to wear our shoes if we wanted to go out there. we had a coffee mark on the counter when we got there, it was still there when we left, no one checks the rooms after they have been "cleaned", perhaps a staff shortage? the food was good, not the variety that we have had at other places we have stayed, but none the less the guests seemed to have no problem filling their plates. we went to the italian restaurant twice, had no problem getting in with our party of 4 either night. the dinners were well presented and the staff quite pleasent and attentive. visited the mexican restaurant another time, had the sea bass, quite good, staff had a language barrier though, had to ask 3 times for milk for coffee, for a little more wine and then for the dessert menu. maybe they thought we looked like to had had enough desserts, don't sit near the windows if it is windy as you will be blown and cold.
the buffets were ok, again, not too much variety, what they had was good and tasty. desserts were the same every night, looked better than they tasted, if you like pecan tarts, don't eat these ones, crust is way to hard filling dissappointing, dry. my other point re the good would be to nix the hamburgers by the pool. there are bits or bone in them, the 4 of us had a burger, each of us found these bits in our patty, at first i thought i must have broken a tooth, my firend had 9 bits of bone in hers, turns you off for sure.
in short, i would say, if you get a really cheap price then this is a good place to get away to, small which means you will have a wait if others are in the same place as you. nothing at the hotel is over the top, everything was "ok/fine/good. maybe it is our age or experience, we want that wow feeling, to be impressed, didn't get that here. will not go back but know that this place is quite sufficient, again if you get a good price, go for it most of the staff we met were very accomodating, pleasent, and friendly. if you have specific questions feel free to ask

Room Tip: we had a corner room, 315, in the moon tower, very roomy balconey, some rooms have a julliet balconey, enough room to just stand there, our friends who stayed in 310 had this balconey, they spent alot of time in our suite, the sliding doors in their room was so dirty you couldn't see out, maybe it was the location.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank georgesqd
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun the last week in February 2012. The property was very nice and well kept. The rooms were nice, but the beds were really uncomfortable. I used the gym to run on the treadmill a few times and having access to that was great. The pool was clean and the pool bar was fun. I like that the property was smaller compared to other resorts on the beach and it didn't feel packed, although everyone went to the pool early to "reserve" their chairs, but I was one of them, so we always had a good spot. I also liked that it wasn't the "spring break" crowd. There were still people partying at the pool bar and it was fun, but not over the top and the place was pretty quiet after 10:00pm or so. The beach was clean and the water was beautiful. The food was really good and I loved all the food options by the pool at lunch. The fish tacos were great! The restaurants were good and we only had to wait to get in to the Italian restaurant because it was so small. The employees were all very friendly and gave good service. Overall I thought the resort was really nice, the food was great and we would definitely come back to this resort, despite the uncomfortable beds.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank becky-mn
Reviewed March 5, 2012

my husband and i went june 2011 and had a great time!!! we are going back this june 2012

omg i was in love with the beach!!! so so pretty! the food was SO good! i just love the taco bar outside

everyone was so nice...i felt like i was a queen. as soon as we walked in they took our bags and handed us a drink. =)

we did leave the resort to go shopping not far at all from the resort. we took the bus. we also found nice bars with some good music! very safe place! Fiesta american condesa is the best!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank helen l
Reviewed March 5, 2012

First things first, I love AIs. There is nothing better than leaving one credit card number and never worrying about anything again. This one was very nice.

When were there the beach was very uncooperative and marked as red flags for the entire visit. However, two resorts over to the right, there was a fantastic sandbar so we happily played in the water there. The pools are nice (filled with loud drunk people, but hey! it is Mexico), and we are just more ocean people so we made the schlep quite a bit.

The restaurants have the most amazing presentation. The food is so pretty but a little bit of a let down. However, I am sure if they seasoned their food to my liking people would be complaining it is too spicy. I would recommend the Mayan fish in the formal Mexican restaurant. It was nice to finally something eat something not deep fried.

Speaking of formal dining, there are a ton of complaints of tripadvisor when an AI requires reservations for their "fancy" restaurant---I wish that I had video taped the night we tried to eat at the fancy place here that has a no reservations policy. UTTER CHAOS. There was no visible system to having people seated, (we called it quits after waiting for 2 hours for a "30 minute" away table---only 2 of us btw), just a ton of very angry very hungry people yelling at incompetent/over worked hostess. They either need to get those buzzer thingys, honor their actual list, hire some more hosts, and/or start doing reservations.

It was a big let down to get all dressed up in our fancy clothes for a romantic dinner to wind up eating at the buffet. The more infuriating part was it was Asian night where they closed the Asian restaurant and put the same food out in the main hall. We had already eaten that food twice. Oh well.

The room are nice sized. People are weird. I actually preferred having the small bathroom with the sink and vanity in the room as to allow different people to act get ready at the same time. It is nice to be able to put on your face and not be kicked out every five minutes so someone can use the toilet :-)

Ladies, BRING CONDITIONER!!! I spent nearly the entire trip trying to buy some but they don't even sell it on the premises. Or in the spa. Or at the nearby gas stations. I wound uo shoving my frizzy dried out afro under baseball caps. Sexy.

All in all, the food was better than other places that I have stayed, the mattresses terrible but the rooms lovely, well-staffed, liquor top-shelf, nightly shows surprisingly great, and not in gloomy Chicago. I would recommend it other people but probably not return. Kind of over Cancun.

Room Tip: As always, ocean view, high floor if you care about view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family