“Good Service - Good Food”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #13 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
New Zealand
“Good Service - Good Food”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The hotel is an old property but sevice offered is very good. There room servicce is truly 24 Hour (all inclusive). We used it more than once post midnight and every time food turns up in promised time , nice and hot and well presented. The Hotel has an awesome lobby and great beachfront. The shows were very good and kept our kids excited and happy.

The Mexican Resturant was very nice and we ate more than once in the same restaurant. One cant do much in the beach as it opens for few hours and has its perils of a dangerous waterfront with powerful waves.

We had read on trip advisor about being wary of a investor presentation and thankfully we wriggled out of it despite a persistent (but polite) sales person.

New Year party was a bit dull and music and songs played were way out of time and at times a drab. Food as usual was really upto the mark.

Room Tip: all rooms are good but ocean view is definitely recomended - you dont want to miss a gorgeous blue w...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank smsingh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,813)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Couldn't ask for a better hotel. Service is xcellent. Food is above average. The place is immaculate n they cater to all your needs. cons: Taxis at hotel are a ripoff..so take the bus into town for under a dollar n get the cab for half the price. Ya gotta barter them. Also the hotel will call your room real early for a free gift. But then they want you to spend one hour and a half in a time share meeting...uuugh. Al so (to me) xcaret tour is way overpriced and no one is there to assist you on this tour. The basic price $79. vives you nothing.

• Stayed March 2012
7 Thank rl4benny
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 March 2012

There are not enough positive things to say about this property. Simply put, this property truly delivers a 5-star experience as promised. From the moment you drive up to the hotel, you feel like you are given the service and attention that you would expect from a hotel catering to someone famous/important. I think that my experience is notably unique given that our stay was over peak spring break however the quality of the food/drinks, the personal attention that I was given and the friendliness of the staff did not seem affected at all. If you like specifics here are only a few ...

Food/drinks: wide variety of top shelf drinks at all bars, impressive room service menu with the option to have bottles of wine/champagne delivered to the room, amazing food at restaurants ranging from delicious American bar food/comfort food such as pizza/burgers/hot wings to a fancy Italian restaurant where the food's presentation is as good as its taste. Our favorite was the Asian restaurant where we had non-stop sashimi/sushi coming as appetizers and amazing red curry shrimp for our main course

Service: Impeccable. For servers who are not routinely given tips, they work EXTREMELY hard and fast to make sure that your every request is fulfilled. This is particularly impressive because there were many people who seemed somewhat entitled at the restaurants to order large rounds of drinks/many appetizers that they would never order at home and expect it to be there quickly ... which it always was. One personal example was when I requested a to-go cup for coffee at the breakfast restaurant which were not immediately available and we were in a hurry to go to a tour so we had to leave early. The server managed to come out and find us in the lobby waiting for our bus and brought me a to-go coffee. Also, if you drive, valet parking is included.

Quality of rooms/location: Luxury. There were beautiful floors, bathrooms, beds, beautiful ocean views and the property was the epitome of tropical paradise. The ocean was amazing and the pools were amazing.

In short, I think that if I were the owner of this property I would be extremely satisfied with the quality of service provided. There was no negative issue that I experienced or could come up with.

ENJOY!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank inDAclutch
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I left a 5 star resort because they were booked - so although it's very hard to downgrade, I'm trying to be fair.

It took forever to check in - long slow line up

I was in room 472 and felt the rooms are dated, smell like mold and bug spray(pesticide) and the shower had no hot water. Two of the lamps in the room were broken, and 2 plugs didn't work. When I first got in the room, I wanted to leave or cry. The fridge has 2 beers and 1 water and pop. The bed was hard, and although I had no reason to, I felt the place wasn't as clean as it could be.
Having said all that, I was in Mexico for the sun and the beach - didn't spend much time in the room. (I just left the balcony door open the entire time)
NOTE: The Condessa is all inclusive but you pay for room service - no free alcohol to your room

Staff tried their best, but many don't speak as good English as other 4/5 stars. Coral from the lobby bar - was simply amazing. She really made our trip! She's a great lady and a wonderful server.
Jonathan at the poolside bar was awesome.
Mario and Orlando at Kambu were terrific

The resort is laid out really nice and there's lots of action on the beach. The place just needs some TLC. There are tons of broken or missing tiles in the pool and the water is cold - and the weather was amazing. Every morning I woke up betwen 5-6a.m because the tub carts the staff pushes around (with laundry or supplies) have really loud wheels - not what I'm looking for while on vacation.

Food: Much to my surprise the food at the Condessa was great!!!! Much more American than many other Mexican resorts. The Italian restaurant was really good, so worth the wait.

I never complained to the Condessa - simply because I'm not going to spend my vacation complaining, I just had a few more drinks (lol ask Coral) and enjoyed the beach. I simply would not go back - unless they up their service and facelift the rooms.

If this helps any of you make a decision, the room just before mine, in the hallway had a big slpat of ketchup or salsa on the wall - it was there for the duration of my 4 day stay

Room Tip: Ugh - Ask to see it first
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dishchick
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
I sincerely apologize for every inconvenience you have mentioned in your review. I assure you that there is nothing more important for us as comfort and satisfaction of every person who gives us the honor of being our guest, we believe that there is always a room for improvement and we always consider our guests' feedback as the most reliable and valuable source in direction to perfection.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further comments regarding your experience with us and I will be most glad to assist you with anything you might require for your future visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I just got back yesterday after spending 5 days at FACondessa. Absolutely amazing! The staff goes above and beyond in every single way to make sure you are happy. The attention to detail that the staff provide is awesome. Ignacio at Kambu was our favorite server, always smiling and his recommendations were great!!!! We ate at all the restaurants and found them all to have really good food despite having to prepare so much for so many people. The hotel was incredibly well clean and well kept. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Elizabeth J
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Beds could have been better. Overall great experience.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank ashwinreddys
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This was our first trip to Mexico and our first time staying in an all-inclusive resort, so we did not know what to expect with this vacation. We were happy to learn that Cancun is a beautiful place to vacation and the Fiesta Americana Condesa is a great hotel to experience it in. From the moment we arrived, there were staff members everywhere ensuring we knew where we were going and helping us find our way to check-in and then our room. The room itself had the basic amenities and was clean, but the view we had was amazing: overlooking the pool with the Caribbean Sea as a backdrop. We were very impressed with the availability of the staff everywhere for drink refills: by the pool, on the beach, and in the restaurants. Being all-inclusive, we thought maybe staff would be scarce for refills or the drinks would be watered down, but this was not the case at all. Every staff member we came across seemed to genuinely want us to enjoy our vacation. We really enjoyed the Asian restaurant (Kambu), the Mexican restaurant, and the Cevicheria and dined at each multiple times. Rosato, the Italian restaurant, had good food but the atmosphere did not offer anything special and we felt like we could have been anywhere dining whereas the other places made us feel like we were on vacation in Cancun. We also tremendously enjoyed room service, which is part of the all-inclusive package, and had breakfast in our room a few days. The other nice thing about this hotel is it is a 7 to 10-minute walk to Aquaworld and you can sign-up for tours and excursions beforehand right at the hotel. We will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank melsw08
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you so much for this review, and especially for your kind words about our greatest asset: the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun team.

I am glad to know that we will have the honor to welcome you back to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun in the future