“Easy vacation!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Easy vacation!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We booked the Fiesta Americana Condesa because we have two small children (ages 1.5 and 2.5) and we thought an all-inclusive would be a lot easier than hotel and separate dining. We were right! While I thought the food was so-so (I am a vegetarian - so there was not a whole lot of selection), my husband really liked it (fish tacos!!). Also, I am pregnant, so could not enjoy alcoholic beverages, but my husband really liked the availability of the bars and said the mixed drinks were really delicious. Be sure to bring money to tip - because then the waiters poolside and on the beach are more likely to come back often Breakfasts were excellent. Room service was a really nice touch and made our stay even that much easier. We didn't think we would use it - but we ended up using it EVERY day. We stayed in the kdidie end of the quite large pool when we weren't on the beach. It was a little dirty...and disturbingly warm - but what can you expect from a kiddie pool!!! The service was excellent as well.

2 Thank Karlabobarla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,779)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We selected the Fiesta Americana Condessa Cancun for spring break this year based upon the reviews. For the most part, the reviews were accurate except for the food. We were very disappointed with the lack of choices in the buffet and the restaurants (Mexican, Asian) were terrible. We're not picky when it comes to our food choices but it was a real struggle to find something we liked for dinner. Even though we requested (and paid) for an Ocean Front room, we received an Ocean View room. I wouldn't have minded but we did pay extra for an Ocean Front room. When the front desk slipped up and referred to our room as Ocean View, I pointed this out and she quickly changed her statement to Ocean Front. Since our room faced the ocean, I'm not sure if it was an Ocean Front or Ocean View but there were rooms much closer to the ocean than ours...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nbowens
Petersburg, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Overall this resort was great! My girlfriend and I went for spring break (both 21) and the hotel had a party aspect to it but was mainly a family hotel. The location was pretty good, being relatively close to the downtown area but far enough away from the craziness of it.

The food was very good. The Asian restaurant has very good chicken teryaki. The Italian also has very good food and excellent service but fills up fast. I would recommend getting there before six if you don't want to wait long. The breakfast buffet, Kalmia, was very large and had great food with chefs preparing it for you how you like it. The fish/shrimp tacos are phenominal at the snack bar by the pool.

The Tappas bar got pretty crowded at night, mainly with people pregaming before going out to the clubs. Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I could not feel ANY effects from six plus shots and multiple mixed drinks. They seem to water them down a lot at the bar. I would recommend asking for high shelf liquor because they won't give it to you unless you request it. The pool bar was never too crowded and the drinks seemed a little better from there. They DO have Captain Morgan.

The pools were amazing and very large. They were on the cool side but relaxing during midday. The beach was very clean and hotel staff would constantly come by and offer you drinks and pick up trash.

One of my only complaints of the hotel was that we requested a king size bed and received a two doubles which wasn't a huge deal but the beds were very hard. They seemed to be made out of a cubic boron nitrate material and we found it hard to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris G
Buffalo
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We took a gourp of 8 adults and 10 children (ranging from 7 yrs to 18 yrs old) to Fiesta on spring break the week of Easter. There was not an empty room in the place. Our group comprised 4 families that were not related. We had asked the hotel to place our 6 rooms "near each other". They accomodated with all on one floor almost in a row.
From the moment you walk onto the property you are greeted with warmth and HIGH professionalism. The staff was coutious and responsive. Knowing the hotel was jammed packed I had thought we might see a delay in requests or long lines for resturants. Non of that happened. The longest wait was for the Italian restaurant. It took 20 minutes to seat 18 people. I find that incredibly reasonable. Two of the fathers that were on this trip are self described "professiional eaters". Meaning they are picky and like lots of food. Both raved about how good everything was to eat and the abundance of food and drink was outstanding.
We learned too late in the trip that there are many non motorized water activities that were avialable across the street (5 minute walk door to door). Lagoon side.
Kids Club staff treated little ones like they were their own children. The activities staff (especially Margaritta who was wonderful) were great and ran programs like Yoga, Pool and Beach volleyball, soccer, Bingo etc. and got young and old into it. Highlight was watching kids and adults take dancing lessons pool side in the hot sun with great music and two left feet. Laughs for all.
I could not more highly recommend this hotel. The four fathers have already talked about pre-booking our Easter break trip for next year to Fiesta Americana Condessa.
Sorry for all the typo's.... Mike

Room Tip: Dont pay for ocean front room. go with ocean view. You arde never int eh room anyway!
4 Thank Mike M
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed here twice now and we enjoyed both stays. We opted to not get the all inclusive package as we like to go out on tours and eat out at night so we got a package that just included daily breakfast buffet which was top notch in the restaurant with a great view over the beach. We paid a bit more for a room facing the ocean and it was really worth it, gorgeous sunrise and sunset every day. Rooms are not large but a good size and perfect for two. The boys also enjoyed the pools & beach area and they did have daily activities such as water volley ball etc. to keep the teenagers entertained. The staff was friendly, the place kept very clean and I would defiantly stay here again over any of those huge less expensive hotels filled with a younger sometimes not so classy crowd. At this hotel many guests we met were actually from Mexico City and it was a much more international and sophisticated crowd which was great as I did not want to feel like we landed in the middle of spring break gone wild. The pool bar was nice too & it was possible to sit and have adult conversations & some very delicious drinks blended up right there. Two thumps up to this hotel! (I saw some reviews about time share people, we did not encounter any during our stays & I'm glad as we're never interested in that but it is very common in Mexico).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank born4travelCA
Boston
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We just returned from a week at this resort. I traveled with my husband and three children (9, 6, 4). Overall, the stay was nice and I would return. We requested connecting rooms, and while the request was initially ignored, a little pleading at the front desk resulted in getting what we wanted. Unfortunately, the rooms were on the first floor (I had planned to ask for a higher floor) but getting connecting rooms was more important. It worked out well - we were just steps away from the pool (Moon Tower) and it was just a short trip to the lobby and restaurants. I worried about the noise from the pool but the constant hum of the AC fan covered up almost all the noise. The downside is that the rooms were wet - really wet, with water around the edges of the bathroom and a constant damp feel - and we had quite a few ants. We didn't keep any food in the room because we didn't want to make the ant situation worse.

The rooms were quite spacious except for the shower area, but that was fine. One downside is that the water is iffy, sometimes switching from hot to cold in an instant. There was no running water one day, which was quite inconvenient. Everything was damp, which I've read is common in this area, and the beds were hard, but still manageable. We were pretty pleased with the rooms overall.

The food was pretty average at best. We could find things we liked at each restaurant, mostly through trial and error. The asian restaurant has good chicken teriyaki and excellent fried ice cream. My husband liked the lasagna at the Italian place. I would recommend against any of the beef, as it is tough and overcooked no matter where we tried it. The snack bar at the pool was good and handy to eat quickly. The fish tacos were good as well. The best food was the breakfast buffet at Kambu (by the beach). Anything made fresh on the grill (omelets, stir fry, etc) was very good and fresh. We are not gourmet eaters but we found the food to be mediocre, which was a bit of a disappointment. They also randomly close restaurants on certain nights - one night the Asian restaurant was closed, it was after 7 so we couldn't go to the Italian place with our kids, so we were left with the main buffet or the Mexican place. Again, frustrating, but not terrible.

The service was top notch, as we had read in other reviews, and the activities were fun. Overall, it was a nice trip and we enjoyed ourselves, but there were a few things that were disappointing. That said, we would return here if we visited Cancun again... this time we would ask for a higher floor room to avoid the ants and possibly get a drier experience. There was a little pressure to attend the timeshare presentation (which, they say, is "not a timeshare" but it really is) but we just kept saying no. Don't try to give excuses because they know how to work around them... We said, "we have the kids" and they said "we'll take them for you." We said, "we're just here to relax," and they said, "we'll give you a free couples massage." We didn't go in the end, but they were certainly persistent!

Room Tip: We had a pool view but didn't care, as we'd rather look at the ocean from the beach! Higher...
5 Thank msfiasco
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you very much for your review. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you had in your room. I can assure you that we are aware of the problems that you mention and are working towards getting it fixed. I really appreciate all your suggestions to improve our services.

It will be an honor to have you, as our guests again, please feel free to contact me for pre-arrival arrangements.

Warmest regards
new york
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We had a great experience at this hotel. It was almost at full capacity when we were there for Easter, and I was worried about waiting to eat, no chairs at the pool, but it was perfect. Everyone was so nice... service was excellent from the front desk to the pool bar, and especially at the restaurants. We ate at Mexicana mosts nights and the manager Hugo was AMAZING.. always made us feel so welcome. I only have one complaint... I wish there wasn't a dress code for the Italian Restaurant (hopefully this is something they change). We were with our kids and my husband didn't pack any collar shirts so we couldn't eat there. Otherwise, vacation was perfect.

3 Thank NY5