“Fantastic Trip to Cancun!”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #13 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Just got back from a week’s stay at the Fiesta Americana Condesa (April 21st to 27th). I was a little hesitant about this vacation as in the past my experience with an All-Inclusive resort hasn't been great (bad food, slow service, etc) However - this Resort has changed that for me. My husband and I traveled with another couple (both of us in Mid to late 30s/early 40s) and from check in to check out we were impressed. Upon check in - Cesar at the front desk was helpful and accommodating. WE arrived early, around 11am, however they allowed for us to check in and even took us to a few rooms so we could pick. We decided on an ocean front room in the sun Tower (room 180). Yes, we did have an upgrade charge, however, very pleased we upgraded. Our room was large and our patio was HUGE with a Jacuzzi tub. The previous reviews do say the Beds are FIRM...and we'll yes, that was the case and the showers were a little tough to get in and out of, especially after a day at the pool enjoying grown up cocktails. Another plus with this resort -- the restaurants. None of them required a reservation. You just would show up - and if they could seat you - they would or put you on the wait list. We had no troubles at all going to all 3 of the restaurants (Mexican, Italian and Asian) as well as the Buffet for one night. Food at all three was good. Some items were better than others, but overall very good. Special thanks to Eduardo at the "fish taco" restaurant by the pool. We met him on the first day and he took special care of us all week. Fish and Shrimp Taco's were both Excellent! We mainly spent our afternoons by the pool. We did not have any trouble getting seats as in some of the other reviews state. During our visit - it was also mainly couples from the US or from Brazil/Argentina. Not many children or families. I guess due to school still being in session. Great for us! Efrahim at the pool bar made up special shots and drinks daily. Some of the names were pretty funny - and we'll quite appropriate. You'll just have to see yourself. Also -- they had name brand liquor and poured the drinks pretty heavily:)
The Pool Entertainment staff was Great - they kept the activities rolling and would encourage you to play along or read your body language and know to leave you alone. Dario, Cesar, Marcos, Xavier and a special thanks to Margarita for having such patience trying to teach my husband how to Salsa!
Another thing to note - the resort always felt safe. There were lifeguards down by the water and security stationed around the property keeping those who did not belong out. The resort I would say is about 7 miles away from "downtown" Cancun and you can either take a taxi for about $12 us or the Bus for $1 each way. We ran down the sidewalks by the resorts in the AM the sidewalks were clean and seemed OK. There were police cars up and down the street and we even ran by the Police station.
The nightly entertainment put on by the resort was fun. Did the performers come from Broadway, No, but it was entertaining and something fun to do. We saw the Michael Jackson show, Magic show and the Caribbean show. All well done.
Overall - My experience here was fantastic. The food was very good at every turn (especially the egg white omelets and FRESH banana bread - yum). I would definitely recommend this resort. From reading some of the negative reviews I think a lot of the experience depends on time of year and what you make of it. If you travel at high/peak season it will be more crowded and service will probably be strained.

Room Tip: A smile always goes a long way. if there is a long line - you probably won't get walked to a roo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank sznwds
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for sharing this detailed review of the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

I am very pleased to learn from your comments, that you were delighted with our restaurants and especially that our staff made a difference creating an unforgettable vacation for you.

We hope for the opportunity of being your hosts again.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My husband and I enjoyed ourselves at Fiesta Americana Condessa. We want to say thank you to Elizabeth at the front desk for Outstanding Customer Service, Esaud and Miguel the lifeguards, Isidro the beach waiter and Jonni at the fish taco stand. Great Experience and Top Notch Service. The massage was to die for.. We consider another visit. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank harbearnyc
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Tons of chairs at the beach and pool area all day long. Beach was beautiful, fish tacos were awesome and the rest of the food was okay and lacked variety. Staff was okay, couldn't find our reservation, door lock didn't work properly, rooms were dated. Nothing special that made us want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Take ocean view over ocean front, it is closer to the water and has better views of the entire prope...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelalotSanAntonio

Allow me to extend my sincere apology if we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

At Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun we strive to provide the best experience on the quality of the food and the service and your feedback provides valuable information to support our continuous improvement efforts.

I will truly appreciate if you could contact me with additional comments about your experience: ggfacc@posadas.com

Best regards.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

We always go to Mexico for Christmas and this hotel is our favorite one. Great location, great service. Staff lovely with children. Our son loves it! We generally mix lounging and culture with one day at the beach then one day of touring, and always enjoyed the excursions they advise. What we reallly like about this place is that it is not mobbed by crowds of rowdy American teenagers, and that we actually get to practice our Spanish with Mexican tourists in the hotel (however we have never experienced it during the American spring break)
So, yes, we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank yjg805
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Thanks to all the staff at Fiesta Americana! I was there last March with my daughter for spring break and they treated us like queens! The ocean front room was breath taking and very roomy/airy and clean. Thank you for making this trip special...we will be back!

Room Tip: be sure not to miss the evening shows. we were so tired from all the fun in the sun...we laid down f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank loria62
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here during spring break in March. The nice thing is that it is more family friendly and so you avoided a lot of the teenage spring break crowd. Towards the weekend it got a little more inappropriate and you had to watch what your young children were observing. We were upgraded to a master suite on the beach, well worth the extra money. The room is huge and the location is fantastic. Nice small resort, easy to let you kids wander with a group and not be worried. The staff is incredibly friendly and does an AMAZING job of keeping the pool grounds area (not the pool however) and the entire hotel clean. The food was ok, not my favorite and almost everyone in our group (over 20 of us total) got sick at some point. The fish tacos at the pool bar were amazing, had them everyday. Do not even attempt to eat at the italian restaurant without a shirt with a collar and do not wear flip flops (men). They will turn you away. Kids were entertained the entire time, there is plenty to do. Beach volleyball was a favorite!!! Many ocean drownings while we were there, one on our beach/hotel. Please be advised that the waves are quite strong in Cancun.There is a lifeguard on the beach, but he can only see and do so much with waves that large. My only big complaint is the pool area. It's very split up, hard to see you kids swimming, and it was quite dirty. The larger pool at the bottom is a pain because you have to go through the large group of people at the swim up bar, and I didn't appreciate that with the kids. Overall it was a fantastic trip! We have stayed in Cancun 10+ times, and we would choose this one again with kids.

Room Tip: Loved the master suite for a family. Lots of room and the balcony is huge, overlooking the beach!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ranakn
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is the fourth "all inclusive" that I have been to and I honestly can't say one bad thing about it! We had a friendly, organized welcome. Check -in was quick and our room was ready as soon as we got there at 1200pm.
The room was clean, we were on the 5th floor. We only paid for a gardenview, but we had a great view of the ocean still! The shower pressure was great and the beds were comfortable. We always saw the hotel staff cleaning and making repairs to the property everyday which helps to keep it looking very nice!
I used the gym and had a massage at the spa...very nice and reasonably priced.
I only saw one show..it was worth checking out, but I think the Iberostar properties have better performers.
The food was great for an all inclusive place! The best part was that you don't need to make reservations at the restaurants. We had this problem in the past and weren't able to eat where we wanted at other resorts. We got to try 3 of the restaurants.. have dessert at the Italian place and try the Pad Thai the Asian place!The buffets were also good..breakfast especially. I also recommend a hamburger from the poolside grill. All of the waiters are very friendly, they also all spoke good English. I make an attempt to speak Spanish every year and usually fail miserably!
The pool and beach staff are also quick with the drinks!
The beach water is very pretty, but you can tell the sand is shipped in and there is a large dropoff near the waters edge.. this isn't a problem though.
This hotel is in a good location. We rode the bus, that we caught out near the street, to La Isla shopping center and to Aqua sports where we took a snorkel boat ride. The only thing bad about this excursion is the place you go to snorkel, it was so crowded with other tours that people were swimming over top of one another.
This hotel was not very busy when I was there so I had no problems getting a chair at the beach or pool. I want to say lastly, the main selling point to this hotel for me was the friendly staff (nicest people of all the places I have been).. they truly made me feel welcome!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends