13 people are viewing this hotel
US$154
Free cancellation until 21-09-26
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$162
Free cancellation until 21-09-26
travelup.com
US$123
InterContinentalUS$162
Hotels.comUS$154
Destinia.comUS$172
3,259 results
All reviews the club lounge le cap great beach hotel zone white sand cancun resort breakfast buffet ocean view the general manager beach area playa del carmen coco bongo lounge chairs lobby bar ihg concierge pools
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2017

I can't write enough praise about the service, accommodations, and facilities at this hotel. If I had all the money in the world and could choose any hotel in Cancun for free, I would pick this hotel. They absolutely have the best beach in Cancun. All other beaches were wiped out because of hurricanes. The service is incredible. The ceviche is amazing. The Concierge (Adolfo) is incredible. I can't think of anything that I could improve. Even the toilet paper was soft. Note: I do not own or have any interest in this hotel. If you check my other reviews, you will see that I have crucified some other properties in the world. This just isn't one of them. If the Intercontinental Presidente had a retirement hone, this is where I would want to spend my last days.

Room tip: Pay the money and upgrade to a suite with lounge access.
4  Thank Glenn H
Victorio C, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Dear miami33029

On behalf of the whole team I greatly appreciate your comments, definitely your experience motivates us to replicate it in each of our visitors. We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely

Patrick Beaury

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Presidente Intercontinental is located at the hotel area of Cancún, at a short distance from mail tourist attractions. The hotel is completely renovated with a sober yet very beautiful lobby. The service from the staff is outstanding, always willing to assist in any matter. PI has a nice beach front with a couple of really good restaurants with an incredible view. Rooms are OK, nothing else to stay. This place is a very good option for business purposes, because it has a relaxed ambiance and all the facilities for holding meeting or events. You will find at a very short distance (walking distance, 5 minutes) a golf course (Pok-Ta-Pok). However I suggest trying other courses (e.g. Iberostar, Puerto Cancún or Mayakoba) which are at a longer distance but ranked well higher than Pok-Ta-Pok). Overall this is a very good option for a pleasant and relaxed stay in Cancún.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank alexps81

Dear alexps81

Thank you very much for your experience on this popular site among travelers. It gives us great joy to know that your experience was pleasant and that both our facilities and the service were to your liking. Thank you for remarking your taste for our beach and restaurants. We would love to pamper you again in the near future.

Respectfully,
Patrick Beaury

Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 nights (11 actually, we came back from the airport after a flight cancellation for an extra night) and we really enjoyed ourselves!!

Pros:
-modern hotel
-friendly staff
-great pools
-amazing beach
-amazing breakfast!!! Sooo many choices for everyone, everything is fresh, I loved my mornings here , hehe
-super clean rooms, we had a room on the 10th floor which was more like an apartament, it was huge and it really improved our stay, the extra space came in handy tbh.
-room service food is just okay
- there is a restaurant above the shop , cafe urbano, the food is lovely :)

Cons:
-front desk staff is terrible, very slow and unhelpful on most occasions. We got some calls very late at night, they always phone you to confirm that you've received your room service or that you've received this and that. It was sooo annoying!! One phone call was at 3 am, I ordered some food (jet lag was keeping me awake) and I got a call at 3 am asking me if I'd received my food. My husband was asleep and he was not happy. This happened on 2 occasions after I specifically asked them to stop calling so late.
- are you thirsty upon arrival? Well, I'm sorry about that, but you won't find anything in your minibar, it will be locked and empty. You phone them to open it for you/ stock it, the answer will be a firm NO and a full on argument with you. They are scared that you will not pay for your drinks. We encountered this problem throughout the hotel. Order drinks on the beach- you have to pay for them before ordering a second round. They are scared and you can see it on their faces. I mean come o , I am a paying guest, you have my room number, just leave an open tab for God's sake and I will pay at the end of the day!!!! This was so annoying!!! It was the same with the room service, always had to pay for it then and there, there is no way you can charge stuff to your room. Very inconvenient and I have not encountered this kind of system in any other hotel I have stayed at.

I am sure I am forgetting other stuff, I am writing this from the airport, but I have given the hotel 5 stars overall because we have enjoyed ourselves.
Friendly staff really made our stay enjoyable :) thank you and we would probably visit again.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank rafaellina
Reviewed April 19, 2017

This was the 4th visit to this hotel for our family. We have found the service at this Intercontinental second to none! The hotel has been recently renovated. The rooms and property are very clean. We LOVE the service on the beach, as well as the huts and use of towels and chairs. We ate at the new Urbano restaurant twice during our stay, and love having dinner and lunch at Le Cap on the beach!

We will be back for a 5th time for sure!

1  Thank AndreaMcN
Reviewed April 17, 2017

This place is a real dive. I wouldn't recommend this place if it was free. It's supper old and they don't seem to repair anything. This is one of those places that make us feel cheap and yucky staying here. We stayed for free but I should have known better.

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank Rick S
Victorio C, Resort Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2017

Dear Rick S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in this important site for travelers. However, we’re very sorry to read you found our Resort not to much about your taste. We do appreciate your feedback, as it allows us to improve for our guest experiences. We would be grateful for an opportunity to address this with you personally, may I ask for your contact information or to send an email at victorio_chiumello@grupopresidente.com

Respectfully,