“5 star luxury at a 4 star price!”
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #14 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Norwich, United Kingdom
“5 star luxury at a 4 star price!”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This hotel is well worth the trip from the UK as we discovered when we chose to holiday here to celebrate my husband's birthday. They clearly have a fantastic team of staff and it quickly became apparent that each and every one of them would do their utmost to make us as happy as possible! The hotel is so clean and well kept, and is right on the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The food is really very good - every day, especially in Bocelli and the Wok. One afternoon the hotel manager came down onto the beach asking how everyone was enjoying their stay and was there anything he could possibly do to make it even better. He asked us if there was any particular reason why we were on holiday, and then asked us if we would let one of the head chef's show us what he could do! So we chose the Wok for our last night and were treated like royalty by waiter Guilmar and host Randolf (apologies for any incorrect spellings!). The meal was a gourmet dining experience and a half and was finished off with a delicious cake and candles. All the waiting staff at every meal were happy and friendly, and the bar staff and staff around the pools and on the beach were so willing to keep you refreshed - I don't think we went without the offer of a drink for more than 20 minutes all week! This brilliant attitude from each and every staff member was a real treat and really made the holiday for us. As a result we are thinking of making our next holiday at another of the Palace resorts - their motto is 'All incredible, all inclusive, & all yours' and I think they have got that absolutely right. It's in a great location just a stroll away from shopping malls and other non-hotel based restaurants. My tip: although we booked a less expensive Lagoon View room, we requested a quiet room on a high floor, as a result they placed us in room 1201 which was on the top floor with a balcony which wrapped right around the north side of the hotel so we could see across the lagoon (amazing sunsets), up the strip (great when lit up at night), and right up the beautiful white beach and luminous turqoise sea. Can't rate it highly enough :-)

1 Thank ALittleBitSpoiled

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,758)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We had a great stay at Beach Palace during our 5 night stay in March. The resort was not over-crowded, the food was good, the rooms were very nice and the price was excellent. The staff is wonderful, everyone has a "can do, will help" attitude. We upgraded our room using our resort credit once we arrived. I made spa reservations 3 weeks before our arrival and was able to use our resort credit for the services there ($300 max in applying the resort credit at the spa.) I would definitely stay there again. It is a great value for the cost.

Room Tip: My only complaint is that the nightly entertainment activities and the daytime pool music are noisy...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank tmcgowen
Washington DC
Reviewed 27 April 2012

1. Let me start by saying I was not gifted with the planning/detail oriented gene most brides develop during the planning phase of their wedding. I was heavily dependent on the support from my onsite wedding coordinator, Mario. I reccomend having your ceremony on the sky terrace of the hotel. Highest point of the hotel most amazing views, and much ore intimate! Mario, thank you for surpassing my expectations!!!

2. Ideal hotel for both families and single "party hoppers". While I traveled to Mexico with a large number of my family it was very important that we by within walking distance to the amazing Cancun nightlife, while enjoying the quiet and peacefulness during the day. Ideal location - not directly in the party zone, but able to walk or catch the bus within 5 minutes.

3. The SERVICE - amazing! First, while this is an all inclusive resort, money does go along way! The more you tip the better the service. We happen to be heavy tippers (when due). We have treveled extensively and I have never recieved such amazing service, individual attention, and respect. If you are a "foody"as I am, not that Gabriella makes the BEST breakfast in all of Cancun! Thank you Gabriella for remembering my order every morning, even though you serve hundreds/thousands of people per day.

4. Our hotel room was on the 2nd floor, ocean front. With the exception of having two doubles in our room, I was totally blown away by the amentities! The wine, free snackbar, TV,jacuzzi tube, and balcony just blew me away. Slept on the balcony the first night!

Have never written a review before, but felt obligated to let others know how amazing this hotel truly is!

5 Thank Dominique D
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We have owned our Palace Resort timeshare for over twenty years.We have been with them through the rebuilding process and seen the resurection of Cancun after Hurricane Wilma. We were surprised to see that the occupancy was up and lots of families had made the trip to Cancun.
The rooms are lovely and have great views on each side of the hotel. Because of the association with Palace resorts there are 3 hotels on the hotel zone that you can visit for meals. We like the dress code for the nicer restaurants and the food and service are exceptional. Many on the staff have been there for years and it is indeed like coming home and visiting friends.
We love the roof pool deck away from beach noise and is ususally very queit in the morning but the afternoon brings the younger crowd to see the lovely sunsets.We will be back in 2013.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not over the mezzanine bar area!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We travelled with two young children and the staff were execeptionally helpful. Because of the more intimate size of the resort it was convenient and quick to get to the pool or restaurants from your rooms.

The food at the Buffett had a decent variety.

The pool does get a little cold though because of the afternoon shadow from the building.

Overall I would recommend the Beach Palace.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank TLCheung
Boynton Beach
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Friends and I went down for a wedding and fell is love with the hotel. Just by asking a simple question, we were upgraded from a regular lagoon view room to a Presidential Suite with an ocean view at no additional cost. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we were taken care of at all times. By the end of the first day they were calling us by first names at different places through the hotel. It was nice to have them remember who we were. Even if we only met them a few hours ago. They made our friends wedding day exceptional. They went over and above our expectations and i will defiantly be returning to the Beach Palace.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We just got back from our 7 day trip at the Beach Palace resort in Cancun (April 17-24).
Overall, I am very happy with the trip because the people and workers in the restaurants, activities people, servers and pool people were outstanding!!!! Some of the friendliest workers of any resort or hotel I have stayed at. A few people I would like to mention because they are extra special are:

Gabriela - she would make us waffles each morning and was the sweetest and most cheerful lady!
Andres & Guillermo - Servers in the buffet restaurant. Always so attentive, friendly and making us laugh!
Yolinda - Pool server who was soooo amazing. So friendly, remembered our names and once again always making us laugh.
Jesus - Activities, he was incredible! The hotel is always putting on day time and nighttime activities and Jesus really stood out, so friendly and funny!

We were a little bit disappointed upon arriving and not receiving our ocean view as promised. My mother in law is a Palace member so this was suppose to be one of the things included, we were put on a "wait list" at the beginning of the week being told we could receive an ocean view if it became available. For the first four days we went to check and see if we moved up on the list (we were about 13 people down and this never changed). We pretty much just gave up asking and never changed rooms. We also asked about upgrading our room using the resort credit, but you can only be upgraded to a king size bed (with three people, this would not of worked). The only unfriendly people we found at this resort were at the front desk.

The resort credit was great to use to upgrade wine, use towards excursions but overall was hard to use up, there are a lot of limitations on how much you can use and towards what.
The spa ladies were great, we received a complimentary back massage which was wonderful as well I used part of my credit for the aroma massage which was also great.

Overall, I was very pleased with my trip. I think I would try another resort before coming back here... but the people and beach were amazing and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family