7,070 results
All reviews sky bar wok restaurant tequila restaurant yadira celene rooftop pool resort credit lagoon view steak presidential suite chef's dinner beautiful beach michael jackson show guest services destination wedding main pool the wait staff fire show
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Amazing rooms, amazing staff, amazing amenities. The beach was fantastic, no issues with getting chairs by the pool or on the beach, the nightly entertainment was great! We loved Gabriella who makes the eggs for the buffet in the AM, she adopted us for the week....can't wait to go back.....

Room tip: you have to get a beach view room.....
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GM_At_HotelZone, General Manager at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear BFFDC,

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely comments with us and most importantly, for choosing Beach Palace.

Gabriela does a great job, she's definitely an asset to Beach Palace. We will be happy to share your kind comments with her.

We look forward to your next visit soon.

All the best,

Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was our second trip to Beach Palace. Last year we went in February. This year we went in March, the week before Easter. Obviously we liked it enough last year to book again for this year so as you read this, please know that the crowds were really the only real problem. The wait staff and bartenders were the hardest working people ever! They were simply AMAZING. I have nothing but admiration and appreciation for their work ethic while the rest of us are sitting in lounge chairs asking for more drinks and food all day long.

So it was Spring Break for many. Hotel was at capacity. Fine. The real problem was the additional groups of people coming for the day from Moon Palace. Rows of beach chairs were 8-10 deep, the pools were uncomfortably full of people. I get that there is an agreement between Beach and Moon Palace and we could have in turn headed to Moon Palace for the day, but here's the thing: We actually selected Beach Palace for the Trip Advisor reviews about how beautiful the beach was in contrast to Moon Palace. Then, the hotel that we chose to stay in mainly because of its beach was too crowded because of other people who chose to stay in another hotel. It seemed wrong.

In our previous February visit, this was not a problem. It never felt too crowded, the wait staff had time to chat and laugh with us, we did not have to wake up at 5 am to reserve front row beach chairs (I literally did this every morning).

So now for the rest of it:

Food: Good. Use your resort credits to get the Porterhouse at the steak house. Worth it. Good portion and delicious. Other than that, no complaints. For all inclusive and a smaller property, I would say the food and the options are really pretty good.

Kids Club: Our kids, 4 and 5, didn't like it and never went. We tried. Lots of other kids seemed to do fine there. They have movies and coloring and face painting and the staff seemed nice enough. Can't really comment in more detail. We took them to see it, they didn't like it. Could just be our kids. I really don't know.

Night entertainment: We saw the Michael Jackson show, the Fire and Light show, and the Capoeira show. All three were fantastic and our kids loved them especially. I was skeptical about going, but they are absolutely entertaining and you don't have to leave the property!

Beach: The beach is truly beautiful. The ocean was rough some days, so the lifeguards were constantly blowing whistles at guests who were being dangerous, but that's their job and the beach is wonderful. The color of sand and water you go to Cancun for. Plenty of beach to walk on along the strip if you like to run or walk on the beach.

Resort Credits: These don't seem to be worth much, but I'll let you decide. All we did was get a Porterhouse. The rest of the opportunities to redeem them seemed like bad deals. Last year, my mother in law used them to buy a straw hat at the gift shop but the taxes she was charged were basically the cost of the hat.

Concierge Level: We checked in at midnight and I got upsold due to fatigue and desperation to complete the check in process. The comfy beach chairs were absolutely worth it, so no regrets. The rest of the concierge level offerings...meh. The "expanded room service menu" was not much more than the standard menu, the aromatherapy was kind of silly, the pillow menu also silly. Got two free massages. They were nice. We used only one. The spa is really lovely, so if you have time to go there and are interested, I recommend. In summary, we felt that the per diem on really nice beach chairs made the Concierge level upgrade worth it.

The property: This is a nice, well maintained property. For this price point and All inclusive, I think it is a fair value. Everything was clean and people were always cleaning.

Front Desk: The early morning Front Desk crew were awesome. I have to say that I could not get anyone to answer the phone in the afternoon/evenings. One evening in particular, we had a toilet issue in our hotel room that required prompt attention. Nobody answered the phone at the Front Desk so we had to go downstairs. Not a big deal. Nobody came to fix it and then we had to go back downstairs to follow up. I would have been absolutely cool with being told that the plumber/maintenance person was super busy and would be there ASAP, but what I got was visible agitation from the woman at the front desk and no real answer and we were the ones with no toilet access for a family of four in the evening. You have to believe me when I say I was going out of my way to be courteous and respectful so this wasn't likely a reaction to my behavior. If I had been rude I would have understood a rude response. I am sure they were absolutely slammed due to being at capacity, but we needed a functioning toilet.

Additional beds: I was wary of this option. I was afraid these would be flimsy hotel cots and wouldn't work at all for my daughters. These are actually sturdy little beds with comfy mattresses. Win.

Drinks: We drank mojitos, beer, screwdrivers, frozen cocktails. All were wonderful. The last day we saw someone ordering an Iceberg. It is half beer, half frozen margarita and is the best thing ever. Order this. My daughters got mudslides without alcohol all day long. They even went to the bar alone to order them sometimes.

Big shout out to Bernabe,Juan Carlos, Roger, Angel, and Luis. All the wait staff was working so very hard, but we were fortunate enough to have the aforementioned assigned to the sections we found ourselves in all week and I can't say enough about them. This kind of service makes all the difference in a vacation and we are so grateful!

The entertainment staff were awesome and busy and full of energy. Didn't get a chance to talk to any of them personally but I saw them working hard all day long. They had some fun poolside activities.

All in all, the place is good. The major problem is the crowds around Easter and then the additional crowds arriving daily from Moon Palace. Without those issues, I would recommend Beach Palace without hesitation.

Room tip: Ocean view absolutely worth it. Avoid room by elevator.
6  Thank AtlBxh

Dear AtlBxh,

First and foremost, please allow me to thank you for choosing Beach Palace Cancun. It is quite important for us to receive your very kind comments and learn about your recent experience.

I am also glad to know you had an overall positive experience during your stay. Your satisfaction is our main goal and we work diligently to keep our services, food, and facilities up to your standards.

We are always eager to receive our guest's comments and learn how to improve in order to serve you better. I truly appreciate your feedback, your satisfaction is our most important goal.

I sincerely regret to know about the inconvenience with the toilet and how it was not properly handled. Please rest assured I will follow-up directly on this matter to apply corrective measures and ensure situations like this one will not be repeated again in the future.

Lastly, thank you so much for your recognition of our entertainment team. They indeed work very hard to ensure our guests have a wonderful time and lots of fun.

We will be more than glad to welcome you back again in a near future. Please do not hesitate to contacting us prior to your next visit, it will be a pleasure for us to assist you and surpass all of your expectations.

Best wishes,

Genrral Manager

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Spring Break 2018 at the Beach Palace was amazing. The food was fantastic with lots of varieties, types and flavors. Desert is delicious. We love the white sand beach, convenient pool and luxury room and lobby. A lot entertainment activities. Our family of five did a photo session on our second day there and the staff and our photographer Fernando were all very welcoming and did a fabulous job on our photos. The entire process from start to finish was easy and a wonderful experience. I highly recommend setting up a session with your family.

Dear Elena C,

I am very happy to know you spent a lovely vacation time at Beach Palace. Thank you so much for choosing us and for sharing your review with us and the TripAdvisor community.

Your satisfaction is our most important goal and we appreciate that you let us know through your review it was successfully accomplished.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We loved the resort. Rooms and resort were nice and clean. We loved Gabriella who makes the eggs for the buffet in the AM. She was amazing, so friendly and remembered our order every day. We looked forward to seeing her in the morning. There were three young men that worked on the beach putting out chairs and umbrellas along with many other duties, they worked so hard and were very friendly and accommodating!

1  Thank dthollingsworth
GM_At_HotelZone, Director General at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear dthollingsworth

Cleanliness is quite important to us. We do our best to keep the resort spotless, so you feel comfortable and welcomed at all times.

I am very happy to know Gabriela served you with so much professionalism and kindness. The secret ingredient for her eggs, pancakes, and waffles is love. Thank you so much for your kind comments!

We hope to welcome you back again soon, it will always be a pleasure for us.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 2, 2018

The Beach Palace is just under 300 rooms which is fraction of the size of its sister resort Moon Palace. The hotel is located in the hotel zone which consists of hundreds of beach front properties. The best thing about beach place was th beach. The water was crystal blue but at times was heavy with seaweed. The property has two main pools on the lower level and two pools on the rooftop of the hotel. The lobby is okay and the rooms are average. The hotel staff was helpful but the resort credits are deceptive. Many of the excursions are not covered by the resort credits or travel Is not included. You have a mini fridge/minibar loaded with beer and liquor. The sports bar was the best place for me because of the laid back atmosphere and access to top shelf liquor upon request. I would definitely stay at the resort again.

1  Thank David L

Dear David L,

Thank you so much for choosing Beach Palace and sharing your wonderful comments with us. I am pleased to know you had such incredible experience and enjoyed completely from our service.

That's right, Beach Palace has one of the most beautiful beaches in Cancun, hence the name. We do our best to keep it as clean as possible, so you and your family may enjoy it completely.

I am also glad to know you enjoyed our Sports Bar. Definitely, the perfect spot to have a nice drink while watching your favorite sport's game.

We would be grateful if you choose Beach Palace again during your next visit. Please come back soon!

Best regards,