12,176 results
All reviews smash bar rock star zen restaurant legendary members rock spa rock royalty market buffet foam party resort credit vacation planners brazilian steakhouse entertainment staff ocean view kids club presidential suite pool bar michael jackson show
Reviewed June 20, 2018

Problem #1 -I purchase my trip through Costco. There were 2 options. King bed or 2 doubles. I purchase a king bed option. Upon arrival I was told there was no king bedroom available and that my reservation was considered a request for a king bed. This was unacceptable. I asked what I had to do for a king bed. My only option was to pay an additional $95 a night upgrade ($760) for an upgrade that had a king bed. Obviously I was not happy. I have notified Costco about this scam.
Problem #2 -Room service when room needed cleaning was non existent. They would make the bed other than that, we had to request toilet paper, bath towels, face towels, vodka, coffee, water...basically all the essential things that should have been replenished. We would have to call to have these things brought to our room and wait around for them to arrive. Huge waste of our vacation time.
Problem #3 - Food poisoning. We also confirmed from others we met that at least one person from each group had same symptoms of violent vomiting from the day before.
Problem #4 - Gastro intestinal problems from day 3 through entire trip. We never drank the water either. It felt like we were slowly being poisoned. I think I might have figured out what the cause was. After watching a bartender make a drink, I asked him what the liquid was that he was taking the ice scoop out of. He said sanitizer. You might want to stop your bartenders from putting poison in the guests drinks. We have been all over Mexico. Never have we felt sick like we did at your resort.
Problem #5 - Check out is at 12pm. We packed up and went downstairs at 9am to eat and left our packed suitcases in the room. At 10:30 we went back upstairs to get our bags and we were locked out of our room. Our card keys weren't working. Upon calling from the phone out by the elevators, I was informed that our card keys and wrist bands were invalid. Obviously I was not happy with this information and demanded that someone let us in our room to get our bags.
Overall, this was the worst trip we have ever taken and the most expensive. We could have gone to Hawaii for the price we ended up paying over all. We will never be back to you resort and we will never recommend it to anyone. It's shocking that this resort has a 4 star rating.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
1  Thank dtswenson75
Francisco G, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear dtswenson75,

Thank you so much for taking the time sharing your comments and feedback in regards of your last stay at our resort. We regret to know about the inconveniences you experienced during your visit to our hotel. Please allow us to have the opportunity to change your perception about our resort and address all your concerns, our customer care team will contact you on a private message to follow-up with you.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Stayed here 5 nights and I was blown away by the service (find Ivan on the beach!!!). I had never been to Mexico before and honestly I was a little apprehensive at first. After researching, I decided to book our stay with the Hard Rock and I'm so glad we did. This hotel definitely has THE biggest presence on the beach. The beach is amazing. Never had an issue finding a chair to lounge in (at any time of day). The service at the swim up bars and on the beach were amazing. The food at the restaurants was great (highly recommend the Asian and Italian restaurant). I've never had room service like I have had at this hotel -- sometimes we even considered putting up the "privacy tag" on our door because employees were always either cleaning our room or bringing us complementary refreshments, etc. Most of our time was spent on the beach with our favorite server, Ivan (!!!!!), but the pool was always great and the staff-lead entertainment there was always enjoyable.

I would also like to add that anyone who is apprehensive about visiting a resort in Mexico, book here immediately. I NEVER once regretted it. The drinks were great, the food was great, and so was everything else. Every day I said to myself (or to my boyfriend) "I need to write this hotel a great review on TripAdvisor" because they deserve it. This all-inclusive hotel blew me away and I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Book on Funjet (also book your hotel to/from transportation on Funjet). Definitely get a pool/ocean view room -- it was amazing
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna D
Francisco G, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear Anna D,

Thank you so much for posting your review in regards of your first visit to Mexico and to the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, I'm positive that your comments will be very helpful for all those travelers who want to visit Cancun and don't know where to stay. I'm thrilled to know you had a wonderful time on your first visit to our resort, and loved so much things about us, including the delicious food, awesome service and unparalleled vibe. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to host you and rock your vacations. We are looking forward to welcome you again very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Everything about the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun was excellent no complains from us. Everyone is extremely helpful and the A+ to our stay was the food, the spotless clean suite. Pools alway kept clean and staff was amazing! We will be returning next year! see You soon

Room Tip: Room was fantastic always clean!
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello atisor64,

Thank you so much for posting your kind words in regards of your last visit to Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. We are flattered to know you enjoyed so much your time with us and received the royalty service you deserve during all your stay and loved our food. Thank you so much for sharing your excellent experience with us. We are looking forward to welcome you again very soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2018

good property, hospitable staff. Restaurants need improvement, both in the menu and presentation. Membership campaign is need to have a complete overhaul, both in the way it operate and presenting.It is very shady

Room Tip: Rooms are good, clean and the upkeep excellent
Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank shijuthomas2018

Hello shijuthomas2018

Thank you so much for posting your comments in regards of your last visit to our hotel. We are very glad to know you feel the warm service our hotel is famous for, also I want to thank you for your feedback, make sure your words will be shared with the rest of the team, including the Food and Beverage team and the Legendary Club in order to guarantee the best stay to all our dear guests.

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for posting your review, hope we can see you back very soon and improve your experience.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

My friend and I visited the Hard Rock Cancun for 4 nights in January 2018. We had a great time. Staff was truly amazing, service was tops! We used the pool every day, bar service there was also super. We sampled all the restaurants and our favorites were the Mexican and the Italian. The Asian was our least favorite. We only went to the buffet for breakfast and there was more than enough items to satisfy everyone. Spent a lot of time at the Smash bar in the lobby. We felt they could have used one more inside bar as this one got quite crowded at times. We never went to the outside bar as several nights it was raining. Nor did we go to the bars on the 3rd level which we had access to as it would have been nice if they were open in the evenings. We only went to 1 show in the theatre which was a Michael Jackson tribute and it was quite good. Dress code was super casual, my friend was able to wear shorts to dinner every night. Rooms were a good size and shower room was huge. Wished the sink area was also enclosed but the large mirror hid the area from the rest of the room. The hot tub in the room is a total waste of space. (I hate hot tubs) We had a nice sized balcony that faced the lagoon which was nice.
Overall we had a nice time and would return to this property.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susanbtravel

Hello susanbtravel,

Thanks for taking the time for posting your last experience at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun. We are pleased to know you and your friend had a great time at our resort, could try all our restaurants and delicious food. I would like to thank you for all your kind remarks, our guests feedback and comments help us to continue delivering the Rock Star service all our visitors deserve. However, we are very glad to know you had an overall nice experience and hope we can see you both back very soon.