We stayed a week at Royal Sands in Nov 2011 as an Exchange. The property has excellent location next to Ritz Carlton and Kukulcan Mall (which was very deserted and loosing stores !!) with excellent transportation to/from other Royal Resorts and downtown. Excellent rooms and all other amenities and activities - beach chairs and shades go fast in the morning and hard to get once people get camped on them. The resort restaurants are quite nice - and affiliated Royal Hacienda is an excellent dinner venue (pricey on local standards).
Service is excellent - especially personal concierge assigned to you upon arrival. He/She is quite helpful and a big part of the resort's success. They have made things easy by giving you a card that works as a currency across this and all Royal Resorts - much like a cruise ship, you just settle one account at the end.
Nov is bit of a slow season, but quite enjoyable - mild weather, no rains. Seas were choppy enough that snorkeling was not possible due to stirred up water, all other water activities are very pleasant. We visited XCarat park on an all day excursion from Resort that included transportation (40 miles) and all activities at the park and entrance - a good package. XCarat cultural show is definitely worth it and having return transportation taken care of is a plus since the show ends at 10+ PM.
Royal Resort has new property at Playa Del Carmen and they are actively marketing by taking guests there. Its a day long affair - worth it for just seeing the new area (40 miles). It is a nice property - more upscale - but for now it is bit out of way and "lonely". For initial visits, we would prefer Cancun area over Playa del Carmen. Sales pitches are low pressure which is nice.
Cancun has excellent restaurants, resorts and bars to satisfy most wishes - prices are reasonable, area felt safe even travelling by buses.
Very nice resort with hardly any negatives - would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive, one of the best All-Inclusive resorts in the area, sits at the center of Cancun's spectacular Caribbean shoreline with breathtaking views of white sand and turquoise waters. With a privileged location, five-star luxury, a world-class Spa, tempting dining choices and activities for all ages, The Royal Sands has everything you need for your next Caribbean vacation. Enjoy fine dining, activities and amenities offered by the REFINE All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun
- Royal Sands Cancun
- Cancun Royal Sands Resort
- Royal Sands Resort Cancun