See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 27, 2018

I really can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said in the previous reviews. Why must they blare loud rock music from 9 to past sunset each and every night? We never ate at the hotel. There was nothing too bad, just didn't really do anything.

Room Tip: Away from the music
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeoffL
Reviewed February 13, 2018

The hotel has a good ambient, you can relax and stay with your family in the different shows that they present all night and day .
The food was ok, but the staff can do better than that, the rooms were clean but the internet connection was worse than i expected.
I had such a good time with the beautiful view and the services for the beach.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2017

first of all the place was full of mexican nationals (im not prejudice but there was no english speakers) .. the food was ordinary after the first meal i ordered take out everyday, then when i had drinks that tasted terrible on my first day there felt weird laid down didnt wake up for 10 hours my fiance said two guys came to the door banging !!! i was drugged my girl thankfully closed the second lock and called hotel security they said they would check it out but they never responded back with "ok, we took care of it" NOTHING!!! please!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL ... IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIVES ... thank God the second day we went on a all day tour so i didnt have to be there.. the tour was awesome though ... NEVER GO TH THIS HOTEL...

Room Tip: do not go to this hotel... best "tip" i could give...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mrhowell2002
Reviewed September 3, 2017

I read the bad reviews here and was thinking about all the other reviews that I read on other resorts that I didn't think was true after I got there. I travel a lot and don't normally post. I was wondering why there weren't that many reviews and why they were far and in between. I found out why! Nobody at the front desk spoke fluent English. There were only Mexicans on the resort. Check in went fine considering.

The Bellman took us to our room and before he left I saw bugs crawling on the bathroom sink. I showed him the bugs and we were moved. But I never felt comfortable after seeing the bugs. The bathrooms are tiny you cant even turn in them. We went for food and the dining hall was closed, understandable guess it was about 3:00p.m. so we went to a small area outside to get something I found nothing and all the seats were taken anyway. everyone was staring at us like we were aliens. We saw another place to eat by the pool so we went and I had the guy put some fries and chicken strips on my plate, I could see his hand touching the chicken but I said it's okay I wont eat that one. We set down to eat under the hot sun because nothings there to sit under. I ate a couple of fries bit off the chicken and told my husband that we had to leave. The chicken was hard and nasty. I left the food went in and called my agent. She told me to have the front desk call Lomas the company that works for Funjet. The girl told me that it was too expensive to call. I asked how much she said 6 pesos. (60 cents.) I gave her $3.00 U.S. she called the guy from Lomas had us transferred the next day to Riu Cancun Awesome resort! Anyway we went for dinner and I saw nothing I wanted, very small selection of food so I said that I would have a salad cause I could see everything that you would put on a salad went to make my salad and there wasn't any lettuce. (what?) so I got some olives and cheese and that was my dinner after having nothing to eat since breakfast. The next morning we went for breakfast I asked the lady for a ham and cheese omelet, I could see something black in the cheese. I didn't say anything. I just didn't eat the omelet. My husband did eat. I couldn't wait to get to the Riu! The building is old dark and dingy unlike any resort that I had ever been to. We checked out about 10:00. I will never go back! I wish that I had spent a little more money up front. I feel like a day of my vacation was wasted. Cant wait to go back to the Riu Cancun.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Biltmore305
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Beware !!...AQUAMARINA hotel in Cancun is by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. Let me tell you why..when we we walked in, the reception w manager didnt want to accept our reservation online because apparently we paid the Mexican price and not the tourist price. I argued that this was the price at Amoma website, but in short, I still end up paying an extra $220USD. I have the receipt!!.. Then they gave us a bad room filled with moulds by the sink mirror and moulds under the air conditioner. I can attach all the pictures Ive taken of the room. In addition, the room smelled like gas leak and no comforters on the bed! Just a thin cotton sheet so turn the aircon at night coz you will freeze to death. The plugs hardly worked because our phone didnt fully charge! Our room gas 4 ppl and there are only 4 pillows, nothing convenient about this room because in the morning, theres a sound of hammering outside at around 7am. If you are a tourist..stay away from this hotel because its not even a 2 star in our opinion. Both service and rooms are a nightmare. Right beside is Ocean Spa hotel which is way cleaner and their service is superb!..we have never stayed in a hotel as disgusting as this one..and your complaints will land on deaf ears so spend your money where its going to be worth it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family