“1st Class Temptation”

Ranked #3 of 131 Speciality Lodging in Cancun
essex
“1st Class Temptation”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is my second time, the hotel is the best i have ever stayed in, food, branded drinks, rooms and staff are 100 per cent the best ever. This hotel has lots of adult fun going on but its not disgusting in any way what so ever. Will i go back, you bet i will.......

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is away from the evening bar area as it is noisy.....
10 Thank karen7essex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (967)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was our first time to Temptation and we were simply taken back by it all.

First things first, we were a group of 5 chaps all from London and all looking to put our woes and worries of our daily lives behind us for 10 nights. Temptation certainly helped us achieve that!!

We could not understand how anybody could have the cheek to complain about this place. As the days rolled on, tiny little things seemed to become apparent causes for concern, (mosquitos, amount of ice in drinks, so'called lack of food choice in margaritas restaurant) but the extent to which you would let this effect your vacation is simply be down to the individual. If you are grumpy here, you would be grumpy anywhere!

It has to be said - All the staff give you 5 star treatment, Noteworthy mentions include: Pedro (Patty'Os Bar), Lu Lu (Bikini Bar), Grisselle (Resturant), Luis (Beach - Football/Soccer Legend).

I was apprehensive as to how the other clients of the hotel may regard a group of single men, previous to what I had read, but our group we're simply not as loud and crass as other groups, and we got on very well with every couple/group we met.

We loved Patty'Os bar and found it to be the prefect warming up area for all of our nights in Cancun. Even the nights we didn't make it out, Patty'Os kept us very well entertained.

The hotel offers a huge range of night time activities. Not always on consecutive nights but if somethings not going on one night, it'll definitely be happening the next. (Lingerie Casino night, Pool Party, White Party, BBQ nights) were all great fun. If this is not to your likening, there were always reps for clubs in Cancun town that can arrange entry, tables/bottle service and transport for the evening. Personal Favourites include (Coco Bongo, Sweet, and MANDALA!!)

Daytime Activities are also a great laugh! Addressing the sexy pool - Its is a lot of fun and guaranteed to put a smile on your face, but the really great thing is that you only have to get involved as much as you want to. If you feel that it is not to your taste, the resort offers you plenty to keep you as busy or as relaxed as you hoped to be.

Rooms were great, clean and well maintained. Satellite TV and complementary fridge that was restocked with Coke, water and beer every day. Our first night we actually had to stay at a family orientated hotel about 15 mins away. This of course was inconvenient but the hotel paid for cabs to and from, where ever we wanted to go that night and also threw in a free massage so we couldn't complain that much. Though, If I was in this postion with my partner I would completely understand why people would be upset about it.

Food was good too. To be fair I am very particular about what food I choose to consume and the overall standard was high. Breakfast had a huge variety, waffles were great, and personalised omelettes too.
Lunch was cool, plenty up for grabs and menu service all the way up to 5pm.

Dinner was also good, personal favourites were the seafood and italian restaurant. This by any means was not fine dining. (It was very good dining, but certainly not fine, al la carte dining). As I say, not a concern at all. Overall we were very happy with the food and the service.

With spring break in mind, we were weary of being around adolescent teenagers for 10 nights, so we booked Temptation. The crowd were..(i'll put this sensitively) slightly 'wiser' than us, but don't let that fool ya! They gave us a run for our money, thats for sure!!

We found a place for people who's inhibitions were left far away in their home towns and could not care about anything, but to smile and laugh their whole vacation. (Adolescent Adults if you will??)

We simply couldn't ask for anything more.

Viva la Mexico!!

Room Tip: Definitely stay on the quite side, ocean view room ;)
9 Thank dafthaider
Paris, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

It was my 3rd time at the resort. They have added a 2nd level overlooking the sexy pool. Food was better at the buffet than the last time. Partied with this gay couple, funniest person I've met in a while. Only downside was the cleaner helped her self to all my mexican pesos I had on the table. It only about 7.50 US but it the point. I filed a report but I expect any response to it. But overall I had great time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Roy N
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

i know this is a very late review!!!
it was a special holiday with my friends to celebrate our 30th Birthday, we were very excited and were looking foward!!!
our room was amazing, large with 2 king beds (it was 3 of us), beautifully furnished, with large bathroom, top floor as requested.
food was amazing, choice of a few reataurant, buffet, Margaritas, italian and Chineese, all very good with variety of food.
beach very nice, swimming pools - youn can choose if you want peace and quiet (for hangover :) )choose quiet poole or for fun sexy pool where lots of good fun going on

staff very nice and polite, deserve to be tipped!!!!! Would like to mention our waiter Lorenzo, always welcomed us with a smie!!

this hotel is for people who like to have a fun!!! if you are looking for a quiet place it is not a place for you!!!1 Do not believe in all swinger thing, we were 3 single girls, never approached by anyone. The best thing about this hotel is that there is NO CHILDREN.
every evening there is a different entertiment, they offer you nights out in town but we never gone, had enough fun at the hotel.
it was the bestg holiday in my life and the best hotel i stayed in, do not beieve in any negative comments!!! This place is a haven.
Thank you for making our birthday special!!!!!!!!

food very nice

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kasia1307
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've been there 4 or 5 times and each and every time I had the most fun.
I went first with two girl-friends and we met the most gorgeuos and easygoing guys.
We really enjoyed the sexy-pool activities and the right-in-the-middle of the action pool bar.
At night we went clubbing with our new friends and stayed up all night, every night!!!

The following times were getting even better, it's really easy to meet new people but you can enjoy also a quiet time by the relaxing-pool...

Btw, the first time, I didn't spend so much time in the jacuzzis nor did I use the sailing boat... The biggest mistakes ever!!!

Did I mention that the hotel has 3 different pools, pool activities during the day and theme-activities at night and all the non-motor-water utilities included???

You won't find enough time to do everything that you want to do!!!
But I'm sure you'll have a lot of pleasure doing whatever it is that you decide to do!!! hehehe.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep during the day: choose anywhere but the rooms by the sexy-pool or you'll be...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank LyHeMarquart
Lutherville, Maryland
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was our first and last trip to Temptation. We had checked on Trip Advisor over the last year and read all of the comments. Most of them were typical reviews and we felt that it was a personal taste of the individual and not the over all experience of the hotel. We packed our bags, I put anything from shorts and a tank top to the smallest and sexiest things i had! I wore only the smallest sexiest things all week! That was the good part!

When we checked in at 2:30pm the room was not ready... ok fine check in is at 3pm. I gave them a half hour and we went to eat lunch in the buffet. The food is typical buffet food but we found it to be good! It's not 5 star but there is nothing wrong with it. We went back to the desk at 3pm and our room was ready. The bell boy carried our things up to our room. We booked a Standard room because we were not going to be in there very often anyway. You can really see the ocean from any room. We over looked a roof, but just beyond that was the pool and the ocean. The bed we had was very soft and we found ourselves in a hole in the middle of the bed. We were on the "quiet side" of the resort. I would tell you to do the same if you want to sleep for a few hours a night! If you plan on staying up all night and all day then go stay over by Patty O's. We did hear some music one night but it wasn't anything you couldn't go to sleep with. Not a big deal.

On day 3 we asked for maid service by leaving the sign on the door. Everything went well. Nothing was missing room was clean and we had fresh towels and sheets. We do not ask for it every day because we don't need to have someone in our room all the time. On day 4 with the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door the maid went in and cleaned our room. She also had taken some things out of the trash can and placed them on our towel decoration. My husbands pill bottle was empty ( he should have locked it up, however we did not ask for service) and my drawer with all my panties and bathing suits had been dug in. The DVD player and lap top were untouched. When we complained to the front desk she did nothing about it except to say they would look into it and get back to us! We also asked her to make sure that no one came in our room for the rest of the trip and that we would call down for towels and things. She did honor that and we had no other problems after that.

As for entertainment or lack there of! The music system is awful! They use the same portable sound system ( sound on a stick) for the pool party, and the night club. Both in the Patty O's and Nice Shoes you will find that all of the "entertainment" is on one level and you are not elevated to see what is going on! If you do not get in there first to get to the front you wont see anything. BIG NOTE: Sexy Lingerie is not just for the ladies! It is for the men as well! Men you must wear some sort of boxers or night time wear to get in to Nice Shoes. After going up to our room to change our clothes we come back to find out that the "casino" was open for 30mins and the show was over in that room! That is the biggest complaint I have.... You get in and get a drink and start to get into what ever is going on in the room and then the show is over and that room is closed and you have to move on to something else. There is no night club except for Patty O's and all they play is techno. No real dance floor. After a few days of non stop blaring Techno music at the pool my husband asked the DJ to play something else! Anything Else!!!! With a few pesos in his pocket he came to us and asked us what we wanted to hear! It was myself and my husband and 2 other couples that were all hanging out together that week. We gave him a "set list" and amazing he had it all and played it all! The next day when we came down to the pool the Techno was playing again but it quickly changed when he saw all of us there! After that no problems at all! He played a good mix of music.

If you do not like to see breasts this is not the place for you! There are all kinds of breasts different shapes and sizes! ( It brings new meaning to" if you've seen one you've seen them all) It was great fun and no one ever makes you feel uncomfortable! I was topless on day 2 and loved it!

As for the dinners... We were with 2 other couples... One couple said that Italian was awful, we tried it and thought it was good! Seafood was very good and Asian was very good! We did not like the Tex-Mex place very much but it is ok for something quick! Rudy in the Buffet was our waiter for most of the week! He was very good and very nice! He had our drinks ready when he saw us come in the door! Over all the food was not bad.

If you are a first time guest be prepared to have a red band on your arm. If you have been more then once they will give you a white band. Well if you have a white band they wait on you hand and foot and you get top shelf liquor as well. One of the couples we were with had white bands and they tried to "share" with us and well you would have thought they should have been kicked out! Chunky Monkey is my favorite frozen drink there.

As the week was coming to an end we noticed that there were a lot of new faces! That was great until........... It was a bunch of young single guys there and I do mean a bunch.... I say 50 just in our one area that we were laying out in! They were not more than 21 and so loud and horse playing in the pool, cannon balls off the side soaking all of our towels and things! We said something to management and they said that it was ok and did nothing about it! I think that for every 5 couples there should be one single guy aloud!

This resort has been said to be a swingers resort! It is more like a wanna be swingers resort! This is just like any other resort that is adult only just topless. We met some great friends that I am sure we will keep in touch with for a long time to come!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank RachelBigT
howell, mi
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I went with a girlfriend for a getaway without the children and the husband. We are both in our forties and it was a very relaxing vacation. We were there March 9-15, 2012. Our room was 1258 and we had a large balcony overlooking the seafood restaurant and we had a view of the ocean. Room was clean and the maid was great. Every day she left us a towel sculpture! Food was adequate. We upgraded at the Italian restaurant, but we did not feel it was worth it. We did have some stomach issues around day four, but not enough to stop us from enjoying the resort. We rented a sailboat from the hotel. It was excellent. We sailed over to the island and swam and shopped. Highly recommend doing this. No problems checking in. I was never asked about the time share so that was not an issue. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Left a tip after every breakfast and we were always greeted with a smile and coffee promptly. A few dollars really does go a long way. Drinks were good. Just be specific with your liquor choices if you do not want the cheap stuff. Games at the pool were fun to watch. We are planning to return next year.. .

Room Tip: Room 1258 by the quiet pool has a nice view of the ocean.
2 Thank jakost1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cancun
6.8 km away
10.6 km away
Grand Oasis Sens
Grand Oasis Sens
#82 of 175 in Cancun

Been to Temptation Cancun Resort? Share your experiences!