“Steady Improvements and Excellent Overall Vacation”

Temptation Cancun Resort
Ranked #2 of 149 Speciality Lodging in Cancun
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We have been to this resort 6 different times with as many as 9 people over a 12 year span. We have seen the name change, Wilma wipe out most of the town and staff change as well. Overall this is not the 'perfect' vacation spot.......however for us, it is very close.
The "No Children" aspect of the resort is more appealing than the topless part...not that topless is not just fine in our book, but we are tired of someone else dumping their wild & misbehaved children at the pool for us to deal with, on our vacation. It is out of control.
Temptations has very good food and an upgraded drink list that serves even the picky very well indeed.
Activities are a bit silly and you can jump in and have a good time, or just watch the World-go-by. It is all good.
There are many local things to do to fill 2 weeks easily without breaking the bank.
The staff has been here a long time, and they work their butts off. After our 2nd return, we were greeted many times by staff members who recognized us and were very warm.
We have been to Cancun 12 times in 20 years, staying at 5 different locations, and this one leads the pack for value and overall vacation experience.
We shall return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bar are very noisy at night (til 3am).
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank dean s

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I went there in 2008, the room l stayed in was incredible, l got it through a friend, l don't believe it was the standard room, the restaurants at the hotel are great and the food from the buffet is good too, l had VIP access to the beds and stuff by the beach so it was great, the only thing l didn't like about the hotel was the beach, it's in the part where the beach is not turquoise color water, so if you want turquoise water avoid hotels around this one basicaly you need to search for hotels on: Blvd Kukulcan after km #9

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We have been members for 8 years, ans we love it. Please be careful of the time share people. We have upgraded over the years. But dont fall for the points verses weeks, Weeks is horrible.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NancyAnne48
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Resort is very well kept, speciality restaurants are very good but after the first day almost everything in the buffet tasted the same, if you like ribs then this is the place for you, all days most days. The adult theme of this resort appealed to me and my partner but it has to be said that anything goes especially in the open air bar at night and the sexy pool, we spent most days at the quiet pool which was too cold to enter most of the time(January). They have a warning there "No Sex allowed in this Pool"!!! The sexy pool on the other hand was packed all day and the water was heated, this is the place for the exhibitionists and after the first hour session of games we had had enough of U.S.A! CCAAANNAADDAAA! UUUUSSSAAAA! CCCCAAAANNNAADDAAAA, england! Drinks were all bottom shelf stuff and the biggest downer was that the sun bows out at 3.30p.m. but if you move down to the beach you can get another hour out of it Apologies if this review sounds negative I'll finish off on some positives the resort is gay friendly in fact it is anything friendly, the rooms are large and very well looked after. Staff is very helpful and it's got to be said, we had the best laugh we have had for many years and if people watching is your thing then you will not be dissappointed but if you are friending other punters then watch you don't get out of your depth! Happy holidays.

BBM. .

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bluebandanaman
Reviewed 11 April 2012

very beautiful room scenery so special freindly staff and food i will come again soon for longer

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xiahung j
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I was there from March 29/12 to April 5/12, and I travelled with my friend and her husband. I have never travelled without my hubby before, and I was unsure, but I really felt safe. You never get what you don't want at Temptation.
My hubby and I were here 8 years ago when it was Blue Bay, and it is definitely better now! Food is excellent with much selection at buffet, and the restaurants are very good as well. The entertainment is really good (especially Revolution night on Wednesdays at Nice Shoes). People are friendly, and the staff go far and above what I expected. We upgraded to white band through a purchase of a small VIP package ($3000). Well worth it by far!!
Rooms are quite tasteful and very clean, as is the entire resort.
If you are not into the party scene, or clean sexual adult fun, then don't come here. I will be back time and again!!

Room Tip: Paty-O's is loud, so choose accordingly.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank albertagirl942
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I spent a week at Temptation Cancun and loved every minute of it. Traveling as a single female, there is always the concern of my safety, but I must admit, I couldn't have felt more safe and more at ease than I was at the resort or in town. In addition, it was really easy and really inexpensive to catch the bus ($1 USD or 8.50 Pesos) to Market 28 for authentic Mexican food and souvenirs at the local market or a cab ($10-15 USD or 180 Pesos) to the Clubs for some late night fun. The bus stop is only a few feet away from the entrance to the resort.

The room was nicely and tastefully decorated. The housekeeper kept my room very clean and well stocked with both towels and beverages every day. She also left the cutest little towel animals on my bed as a thank you for the tip that I left her. Also, I don't drink so I asked for extra water, V8 (they have you well prepared for the hangover that you are likely to have after you arrive), Cokes & Coke Zeros instead of the Tecate and was always accommodated. Note: The housekeeping staff don't stay late, so if you plan on sleeping in, don't forget to ask for clean towels before they leave around 3PM.

The resort is just big enough to allow you to get away from the hustle and bustle of the crowd whenever you want a break and small enough to make you still feel like you can experience an intimate moment should you choose. The beach is nice and has plenty of seating for everyone to get a chance to enjoy the sun, water and beach volleyball.

The entertainment and daily activities were non-stop and very well organized. Professional entertainers were brought in for special shows throughout the week. The daily activities were fun to watch and plenty of guests participated in the crazy stunts. The pool is the center of the action during the day and then the main bar off the lobby is the center of the action and the disco at night.

The disco starts around 10 PM every night and ends promptly at 1:30 AM. The music is very loud, so if you have a room located above the main bar off the lobby like I did, either plan on having fun with everyone else while the music is playing or schedule an outing for the evening. None of the activities were ever cancelled and outings to the local clubs were scheduled every night, so you were stuck at the resort. Clubs are pretty expensive in Cancun ($35-50 USD), but you receive a private table and bottle service, so if you drink, you will get your monies worth. I was there during spring break, so none of the clubs were offering the non-drinkers cover ($5-15 USD), but I enjoyed my night out regardless.

The food was pretty average in regards to taste. i.e. nothing exceptional to recommend, but nothing to avoid either. You will definitely find something edible without to much trouble and the all night snack bar located in the lobby bar area will definitely satisfy any late night munchies. They serve burgers, nachos, fries, etc. all night long, so you always have a backup to a missed dinner or two. I didn't try any of the reservation only eateries, so I can't comment on those. I stuck with the main buffet and the tex-mex grill and kept my stay simple and schedule free.

There are tons of friendly people and staff to help you find something to do on a daily basis. Don't be afraid to make friends at the bar or pool. Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a swingers resort. There were tons of singles there from all over - UK, Canada, Argentina & the US. In fact, I would say that during my stay there were far more singles than couples.

Financial Tip:
If you are traveling from the US, make a quick stop at the bank to get about $40-60 in $2 bills. They are considered lucky in Mexico and make bartering for souvenirs and cab rides much easier. They also go a long way with the staff. In general, I have found that US currency is much easier to barter with, because even though you are in Mexico, they seem to prefer US dollars.

Final Note:
If you are one of the many people I see on the threads wondering which is better, Temptation Cancun or Temptation Los Cabos, Cancun hands down in regards to the activities, entertainment and number of people that you can meet.

I spent a week at Temptations Los Cabos in January 2012 (my review is posted here as well). Cabos is better in regards to the staff - much friendlier and far more attentive, but the resort is much smaller and there is much less nightlife in Cabos.

By the way, neither resort deserves the swingers reputation that it has earned. The lifestyle is definitely accepted, but it is in no way forced upon you or in your face at either location. In fact, it was practically unnoticeable at both. If you weren't into the lifestyle, you pretty much didn't know who was. This may change in May for Cabos, since it is switching to a couples only resort.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room, request a room in the 5000s. These rooms are located far away from the poo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo