“Very nice Budget Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #110 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
New York
“Very nice Budget Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

i travel alone and i really had a great time here for 5 nites. Don't expect a five appearance but with the friendly and very nice staff you can say it is 5 star service for a budget hotel. The front desk manager Juan Carlos was very nice it was full occupancy when i got there, so i did not get my ocean front request but he made sure that as soon as one gets available and sure thing I got it the next day which was phenomenal. And the rest of the staff were really really nice, Isias from restaurant and for entertainment Tavo was a real great guy. He offers club VIP access to clubs which was fabulous you don't have to go through the long line in clubs for the same price plus a free 1 way transportation which was really great. and its near everything, its a short bus ride or a cab ride to Luxury mall (for signature items and La Isla Mall and also to clubs and restaurant and very safe and nice area around it.

Room Tip: Ocean Front Junior Suite - Fabulous View
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank MARLENNY5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Red Deer, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

1 step up from flea bag hotel. Staff was friendly food was good. room Linen was never very clean, booking tours from hotel, once put us on the wrong bus,next tour they never came. theday we went home was supose to pick us up at 5:20 Am never came until 5;50 and the hotel would not let us use the phone told us to go down the street and use the pay phone.I seen bare wiring in the hotel and on the grounds,safety is an issue in this hotel. Im 50 and my son is 23 we would not stay here again. stayed Jan 7 and left morning of the 14th.

Room Tip: Beach front is noisy and the balcony doors rattle a lot from the wind.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Of course it's not a luxury hotel but for what you pay for it's pretty good. It's not close to all the clubs and restaurant and shopping malls but you can easy catch the bus which only costs 80 cents to get there. We found the rooms and the whole hotel area clean. Staff were amazing. I really felt they would go out of their way just to make it happen for you. There's paid wifi in the hotel but if you go all the way to the end of the hotel beside Bel Air hotel you can steal their wifi ;).. Of course the food will get tiring after 4-5 days but no complains. Don't miss out on the night life of Cancun and the night clubs! it's an experience like no where else! Def will go back if I was on a budget again.. then again we're always on a budget!!
Don't hesitate. This hotel won't disappoint you.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank parisa a
Edmonton, AB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

I enjoyed my stay travelling alone to Bellevue Beach Paradise. for about the same price as a European plan hotel, you can have your food and drink included. It's not the fanciest hotel, but I found it to be clean, the staff to be friendly, and the amenities adequate. Had I been traveling as a couple, I probably would have upgraded to a 5 star, but, just to lay my head and clean up in the morning, it was great.

Downsides: the buffet food hot pans were not hot, by the time I got to the table, most of it was cold and flavorless. so order from the fresh skillet all the time.
No gym, pool chairs were not abundant.

Upsides: staff were friendly and accommodating, the location is good (not optimal, but on the bus, you can anywhere fast and cheap),

Are you pinching pennies? Well Bellevue Beach Paradise is for you!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Imagemaker_10
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I found this to be a good hotel for the price paid. It's not as flashy or luxurious as most of the other hotels on the Hotel Zone strip but certainly not as expensive either. The rooms were clean, big and spacious with plenty of wardrobe space and good air conditioning. The rest of the hotel was in the process of refurbishment as there was plenty of staff attending to light fixtures and one of the elevators didn't work 80% of the time. The staff were very helpful and informative but as the vast majority of staff in Cancun work for tips you'll find not many grumpy faces. The food was consistently good in the main restaurant with a nice buffet selection of salads, mains and desserts. There is also a Mediterranean and Italian restaurant on the premises which are worth trying if staying for a while. They also serve burgers and hot dogs out by the pool area which hit the spot after the many activities on offer (There is a tennis court, basketball hoops, water/beach volleyball, pool tables and air hockey). The hotel is also very family orientated and puts on shows or live music every night. The bars are not the most modern i've encountered but serve their purpose as the bartenders will make any drink you ask for within their ingredients, but keeping in mind it mainly stocks local spirits and there are no top shelf brands. The Hotel is located down the quieter end of the Hotel Zone but don't let that deter you as the buses will stop at the curb right outside the hotel if they see you standing there. It also means you don't miss many of the restaurants and shops on the way down the Hotel strip and the bus only costs $8.50mxn/$0.62us/€0.57eu. All in all it was a good value hotel if you're just looking for a place to stay for a week or so, but those looking for luxury may be dismayed while looking at the extravagant Bel Air next door.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank visceralelipsis
Brimfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

The BelleVue beach resort hotel was okay. The service was phenomenal and the food at Little Italy was great! The buffet was just okay and we found that the food had very little flavor. There were never enough chairs for the pool and beach so an investment in chairs for both are needed--hot tub was always cold water. We were there for 5 days and by the 3rd day, we were tired of the food--the drinks were good. The hotel staff made new years eve very special though--making special champagne drinks and decorated the restaurants and had a fun show. The staff were amazing! The first few nights we had a room by the lagoon--well it is not a lagoon really--it is the street in between the hotel and lagoon and a bit loud and the hotel needs better insulation as we heard the neighbors above us were loud doing the nasty! We heard the bed squeaking a lot. They did move us to an ocean view after a few days--go for the ocean view as it is more quiet!

Room Tip: Ocean view--definitely better!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lori C
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

As this was a Hotwire "blind" purchase, I really had no say or recourse when I was given the Bellevue Beach Paradise Hotel as my option for December 31-January 4,2012 for New Years and my birthday. For $110 a room per night for two, all inclusive, I thought just how bad could this really be? I read some of the reviews here on TripAdvisor and I was a bit concerned, but overall, I wanted to give it a chance and above all, it was Cancun!!

First, not related to the hotel, but I recommend that you reserve transportation in advance from the airport. I booked a van online and even when I had to call and advise them about my delayed flight, they were right there waiting for me with a sign. The process was swift and within a few minutes of claiming bags, we were in our private van heading to the Bellevue Beach Resort (one thing to remember is that the name just changed; most taxis and everyone else still knows it as Hotetur Beach Paradise). The Hotel is about a 15 min or so drive from the Airport towards the Hotel Zone, and is located on the far south side of the Zone. The property is pretty from the outside, but is aging and showing some aches and pains of aging. However, there seemed to always be staff fixing or cleaning something, so they are working on it.

Check in was efficient but I was scammed a bit by the front desk clerk. He gave us a room and handed us the key envelope. As he did, I said "Do you have any ocean view rooms?" I handed him a $10 and he smiled and said, "we only have one left." He looked like he was changing rooms in the computer but I am certain he gave us the exact same key and we later found out that all rooms in the tower we were in are ocean view rooms. He also never gave us a towel card (be sure you ask, as they will tell you that you already have one) nor did he adequately explain the "all inclusive process". There is a also a deposit that must be left if you want to use the safe and none of this was explained in the beginning. It took us having to learn on our own and then ask when we had to.

ROOM - The room itself was a corner room with large windows that looked out over the pool and the ocean as well as the lagoon across the street. The room was impecably clean, the linens fresh and crisp, the amenities stocked, scratchy but ok towels and clean. The bathroom was adequate with a nice large hot shower and toilet with the sink in the actual bedroom itself. The AC worked well and after we paid for the lock, the in-room safe was fine for storing passports and extra money. Our TV remote broke later and the TV would not turn off and when it was on was only on CNN. It was readily fixed by the staff as soon as we notified them of the issue. One other reminder about the room; There will be two bottles of water on the sink. It will be your responsibility to go to the restaurant to refill them daily. The maid will not leave additional bottles during your stay.

FOOD/DRINK - The place truly is all inclusive. There are several bars including a swim up one in the pool and you can truly order just about anything. However, do not except top shelf or a huge quantity. However, I thought it was certainly adequate and you could have as many as you liked. We ate the breakfast buffet every morning and found it good and plentiful. There was an omelet cook making omelets to order as well. The variety was nice and there were a few daily changes. The room is airy and light and overlooks the pool and ocean while you eat, so its very pleasant. We also had lunch there (El Mitador) and found the food good (not great), adequate and what you might expect for a resort of this caliber and star level. It absolutely was "not bad" and certainly there were dishes that were better than others. We also ate in both the Italian and Medeterrean restauarants (the latter you will need a reservation for which can be done early in the AM at the El Mitador). Both of these restaurants were very good, with the Italian being our favorite. Shacks and a BBQ buffet were always available by the pool as well. All in all, on a 1-10 scale, I would give the food a 6.5.

STAFF - Friendly staff all over.Some more than others. Be careful of the "guest services" rep in the lobby by the door. He is a time share seller and it will be hard to say no to him once he spots you. He talked to us for about 10 minutes, but after I kept saying "no" he finally gave us. However, he remembered our names the whole time we were there and always said hi. The bar staff were friendly and especially so if you gave them a tip after having them make a special drink. The front desk people were good, but liked to be tipped for basic information as well. In my case I asked if they had a map. He gave me one and said that will be $10USD holding out his hand. He left only after I told him I had "no mas dinero". We did leave a small tip for the maid and one for the waitress at the buffet and bar as well as the wait staff at both of the more upscale restaurants.

POOL/BEACH - Nice and clean pool and beach. Hot tub was cold the whole time. However, pool was refreshing, clean and inviting. Towels are provided by the pool only with a towel card (be sure you ask at checkin).

MAINTENANCE - The elevator was broken on and off in our building. I was actually stuck between floors at one point. The alarm did not work and no phone in the elevator. I didnt have my cell so I beat on the doors for about 10 minutes to no avail. Finally, I managed to open both doors manually and crawl out between floors. Needless to say I walked up and down the rest of my stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the towel card and safe key at check in. The building to the right of the main bu...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple