“Best resort I have ever stayed in!!!”

Le Blanc Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Brisbane, Australia
“Best resort I have ever stayed in!!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

8 nights did not feel like long enough at this resort. I have to say that I read every review and checked out many properties before choosing Le Blanc as my honeymoon resort and I was blown away with my choice. Food fantastic , Service spectacular and facilities to match. The greatest part was the quality of friendly staff. Check with both butlers the morning and the evening butler if you need something like laundry done as our butler saved us $100US.

Room Tip: The royal honeymoon suites were lovely great view over the ocean. The views from the 3rd floor and u...
3 Thank Jodi S
Andreas S, Gerente at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Being host of important events as Honeymoons makes us proud and heartens us to continue improving, so we can achieve only good memories of your holidays in Cancun. I am so glad that your stay was as enjoyable. Feel free to contact us to make your next stays as pleasant as possible.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,632)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin,Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon at La Blanc Spa Resort and we have nothing but positive things to say about our stay there. Even after you read all the great reviews on here you still won't believe how perfect everything is. We stayed in a beautiful ocean front room on the 5th floor and were looked after by two kind gentlemen Luis and Alex. They were always on hand to help us with everything from pushing the button on the elevator to booking tours to Chichen Itza and Tulum. Special thanks to them. I could write all day about the merits of this hotel/resort but I'll try and keep it short. Our favourite food during our stay was the buffet breakfast and buffet lunch. Words can't describe how tasty it is. You just have to try it for yourself. We especially enjoyed the way we could chose our own seafood then have it freshly fried by the wonderful chefs right there in front of us. Oh and I was in pizza heaven too! Yum! We also really enjoyed the Italian and Asian restaurants on site. Have to mention the girls who service the beach area and tirelessly go back and forth to the bar and outdoor cooking area bringing food and drinks as often as you want. They work so hard and are so nice and friendly that to me they really embodied the La Blanc ethos. Ok so, to wrap it up..... Mojitos and Malibu and Coconut milks from the swim up bar! Hamburgers on the beach! Lovely music playing while we lazed by the pool! Swimming in the clear waters of the Caribbean sea! Waiters carrying our breakfast and lunch plates back to our table! Fantastic clarinet and sax player while we had dinner! Friendly Joe to welcome you to the hotel! Chocolates beside our bed every night! I could go on.... We never thought we'd have a holiday as good as this and we'll definitely be back asap. Fantastic!!!

Room Tip: A good room? Just go!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Andreas S, General Manager at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for such a positive remarks about our services and your stay at Le Blanc. It is always a pleasure to learn from our guests reviews that our team and it’s friendly and accommodating attention made a difference, especially when these reviews are so generously supplemented with examples and names of those outstanding team members who’s service and genuine interest in guest’s needs and desires is hard to forget. I am very glad that the ambience we are trying to create by extended variety of services, different tastes of cousin and new cocktails, relaxing music and many other details filled your vacation with pleasant memories.
Looking forward to welcome you back to Le Blanc in the nearest future.
Staten Island, NY
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I have taken awhile to write my review because there are so many positives about Le Blanc and the vendors we dealt with I didn't want the negative things that happened to make the good part look any less. So before I begin, if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me. Our wedding was March 3, 2012 and we stayed at Le Blanc for 9 days.

A+++++ Marcie from Beach Bum Vacation. Can't say enough about her! She is not the typical "travel agent". She is with you from beginning to end for all of the planning! The decision to have her as our agent for our wedding and honeymoon I think really made things that much easier. You have someone on your side, looking out for your best interest at all times. I have dealt with other travel agents that once you book with them, they receive their payment and you don't hear from them. Marcie always responded to calls or emails in a VERY timely manner, even when it was something small that could wait. She puts YOU first every step of the way and when/if something goes wrong....SHE'S ON IT!!! More about that later on.

We opted for the 9 days at Le Blanc with 2,000 resort credit and the complimentary wedding. We were not having any guests attend and this was going to be a very intimate and special wedding. We dealt with Janessa from Le Blancs Miami office (she gets a C-). She had given me the details and choices of the wedding and prices for add ons. My advice, do not deal with the Miami office, just deal with your travel agent and onsite wedding coordinator. Janessa at times didn't respond in a timely manner, had incorrect information and wanted to charge for every little thing. She also wasn't the most personable...you could tell she was in sales and that's what it was about. Sandra our Wedding Coordinator was much more helpful with the planning, personable and helped add our personality to the wedding. I don't want to bog everything down about the wedding so if I miss anything, again feel free to ask since I know there's not many wedding reviews on Le Blanc on the web. Before we dealt with Sandra another woman by the name of Yesina was helping us, she wasn't that great and not sure what happened to her. Sandra with the help of our fantastic Marcie from Beach Bum helped us choose all of our details (flowers, cake, music, etc) I spent months picking everything out and when I got on the plane to leave I was very confident it was going to be smooth and easy. Sandra had also put me in contact with Clarissa (Spa Manager at Le Blanc) and Adriana (Smile Market for Photography). More on them to follow. I wasn't able to burn a CD for our ceremony music and Sandra went out of her way to download and make the CD for us, free of charge. NOTE: Janessa wanted to charge us a few hundred dollars to do this.
D- Clarissa (Spa Manager) at the Le Blancs Spa - Before we left I had planned my hair and make up with Minierva at the spa for the big day - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER A++ she did a wonderful job and is a very sweet woman. Anyway, I planned through Clarissa (Sandra was copied on every aspect of the planning) on the day of the wedding I would get my hair and make up done and then go back to the room to meet my photographer and get dressed. My husband to be would go to the spa, do the hydrotherapy circuit then a massage. We had received permission from Clarissa and Sandra that our other photographer would meet my husband there and they would take getting ready pics of him at the spa. This is where things started to go wrong.... all I wanted for my husband to be was a stress free day getting ready with some great unique pics...there were issues right from when we walked in to check in, Clarissa had not notified anyone that we were OK'd to have our photographer to take photos of him at the spa. The people at the spa would not give him and the photographer 10 minutes in a small private area that a curtain could have been dropped and everyones privacy would have been respected. My photographer was awesome! He rolled with the punches and took great photos - more on Lincoln from Moments that Matter in a little bit.

Also, during the planning process Janessa and Sandra had put me in contact with Adriana from Smile Market. Adriana is all about selling, and really doesn't care about what you want or how you want it. Side note - I used to work for a photographer and am VERY into photography and video - this was VERY important to me and everyone involved was well aware of this. I was doing my research comparing Smile Market with other photographers - I had inquired about cenote TTD photo shoot. Not only did Adriana pull alot of nonesense and danced around she wanted to charge a unheard of price! I know this because they wanted to charge more than any of the other photographers I had inquired with. I contacted and interviewed at least 20 photographers based in the Cancun area before decideing on Moments that Matter. Adriana was very pushy but something kept telling me not to book with Smile Market for the photography. THANK GOD I DIDN'T!!! Although the packages offered do look very appealing, their photos weren't up to my standards, the customer service was terrible and the prices were just too much. To this day, I regret hiring Smile Market to video our wedding....more to come on this but they get a BIG FAT FAIL!!! DO NOT HIRE SMILE MARKET FOR YOUR WEDDING YOU WILL BE STRESSED OUT AND DISAPPOINTED! I ended up going with Lincoln from Moments that Matter who ended up being the 2nd photographer I looked into LOL! And I went with Adrianas promises of a great price, great professional video from Smile Market (I have lots of emails saved to prove that Smile Market is totally not professional in the least bit). I also feel Le Blanc should set their standards to just as high as everything else they do, Le Blancs name is trusted and Smile Market also claims they are a Kodak company, they are NOT, they just use Kodak cameras. Once I finally pinned Adriana down to a price on the cenote shoot she then went on to tell me she couldn't promise that the day we arrived we would get it. Obviously she should have been honest and said, we don't offer that or our photographers don't do that....she did not. She was not honest and this wasn't going to be the last time she lies.
More on this to follow....
Day of the wedding: We woke up to a great breakfast (Our ceremony was going to be at 4 - a few hours before sunset everything was timed and confirmed more than twice with everyone involved) We relaxed a bit then made our way to the spa, I already wrote about the issues of dealing with Clarissa and the spa for my husband. The salon was perfect, Minerva is wonderful. I work in a high end spa/salon here in NY and my friends/stylists had done a trial with me so I showed Minerva the photos of how I wanted my hair done, brought some of my own make up and she worked her magic - couldn't be happier with her. One small negative - they don't have disposable wands for the mascare so bring your own.

Photography - Lincoln from Moments that Matter and his assistant Nai - were A++ all the way and then some! PERFECT! They showed up early to scope out Le Blanc and Lincoln met my husband at the spa to take photos - Lincoln took charge, rolled with the unprofessionalism of Clarissa not making arrangements for him and still got great shots. I am not disappointed in the least bit of the photos, I am disappointed in my husbands experience at the spa. It was tacky and not nice. He was not treated special or like a groom at all, just like another guest at the resort. I made my way up to the room.....
Side note: Our butlers Mario and Miguel were fantastic and always a step ahead of everything for the most part. When we arrived at the hotel we handed my wedding dress and husbands suit to be steamed. I left detailed instructions to ONLY steam the dress for minor wrinkles. I had brought a cute hanger for my dress to be put on photos and was told no problem. When I arrived at the room my dress was laying on the bed in the dry cleaning plastic bag (No BIG DEAL). I had time till Nai my photographer showed and Sandra was meeting me in my room to help me get dressed, bring my flowers and zip me up. I carefully took my dress out of the bag and placed it on the hanger then I noticed my dress had pulls and it was shrunk! They cleaned my dress instead of just doing a quick steam (And wanted to charge me over 100 bucks for it!). I called my butler into the room to show him, he was speachless and told me they send it out. I was not informed of this, if I was I would have brought my own travel steamer and did it myself. Nothing I could do at this point and wasnt going to let anything ruin the day, so lets just roll with it now. Nai showed up a little early and we got to work she was so pleasant and really made me feel comfortable, she went above and beyond helping me. Sandra never showed up to help me with my dress, or give me the flowers so I could take pics until a little after 4 O'clock - ceremony was to start at 4 Oclock! Flowers looked a little off but still no big deal, lets roll with it. Nai helped me get dressed and I had to literally SQUEEZE into my dress due to it being shrunk (note, I tried my dress on 2 days before we left - it fit just fine!). My dress was strapless so ladies, you know what happens when the dress is too tight - back fat! Nai was great, she kept an eye on me the whole time tucking me and letting me know when I needed to adjust since now my bra was sliding out of the top of my shrunk dress. She really stepped in and helped! Sandra finally shows, after I had called downstairs and was told she would be up soon cause she was with my husband - I called my husband, she wasn't with him? Still never got an answer to that. But today was going to be a great day! No matter what and I laughed it all off. We finished up our photos and started downstairs to the gazebo (note if your having more than an intimate small wedding choose one of the other locations at Le Blanc - it's much smaller than it looks) There's no aisle to walk really. The music started, butterflies hit my belly and I started the walk, it was very windy but we were ok with that - again, nothing you can do about that. I made it to the alter, shook the ministers hand and then that's when I noticed my videographer from SMILE MARKET WAS A NO SHOW! Not only did they not show, no one noticed they weren't there - not even my wedding coordinator. After all the confirmations and promises with Adriana from Smile Market they just didn't show. I looked over at Sandra and said where are they? She looked mortified and said don't worry. Because our wedding was just the two of us the photos and video really meant alot so we could show our parents, families and friends when we got home. NO VIDEO what so ever of our ceremony, no exchange of vows, not the silly whispers when we met at the alter or the reaction on my husbands face when he saw me walking towards him....they will live in my memory and photos but NO VIDEO! Lincoln our photographer was there the whole time shooting away, he realized what was going on and took over - THANK GOD FOR HIM! Sandra panicked and stopped directing us as to where to walk or go. We went on to our photo shoot (We had to move quickly cause of the timing we had enough of time before sunset but Sandra had not come to my room on time, the video didn't show and all set us back). Off to the beach we went....what an amazing experience we laughed the whole time! Our photos truly show our love and the fun and emotion of the day! My only regret is that I didn't spring and hire Lincoln to come earlier and have him with us the entire day. After the beach we made our way around the grounds then the pool....it all went great!!! About 5 minutes AFTER our ceremony Sandra informs me that she called our videographer and he told her there was a car accident. I used to work for a photographer - you always have a back up plan. They didn't!!! About 10 minutes later, Sandra says I would like you to meet our videographer from Smile Market he is going to video your photo shoot free of charge. Big deal! At this point we could care less and were disgusted with them. The nerve to say free of charge....it better be! They weren't videoing what we were paying for our contracted to have. Again, we rolled with the punches and hada great day anyway but the bottom line no matter what anyone tried to do I don't have my wedding video to have for years to come. Lincoln was so good, he stayed late at no additional charge and did a slideshow to music for us so we had something to bring home with us...he had the slideshow up before we left Mexico.
After the wedding we went up to our room to get changed for our dinner on the beach (Lobster and steak that we were using part of our resort credit for). Sandra notified us that because of the wind it would be inside at the international buffet. They had a table set up for us next to the sliding doors - the food was great but made no extra special touches that it was our wedding things went wrong and tried to make up for it. When we were up to the room, I emailed Marcie from Beach Bum - she was on it and horrified and just as upset as us, she was going to get involved. She told me to please enjoy your night and she would take care of things, and she did.
When we arrived back from dinner our room was cleaned perfectly as it was every night and our jacuzzi tub was set with rose petals, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Overall I married my bestfriend in Mexico - how could it be bad? Looking back at it - I don't have my video, Smile Market dropped the ball and so did Sandra Le Blancs wedding coordinator. My dress was shrunk :o(
The next day we were approached a few times by various managers apologizing and saying they would make it up to us. My husband put it very well to them....we are not snobs and know that no one is perfect - we didn't want perfect. We just wanted our 20 min ceremony to be perfect. The bottom line is, my wife is going home without a video. We were approached a few times, rehashing it and it just got me upset I finally walked away and let my husband handle it. We paid so much in time and money planning this how could something so simple and routine go wrong? I did receive an email from Adriana after that basically lieing saying that there was not a car accident but that there was an issue with the equipment. It's a long story but the bottom line is Smile Market screwed up and put it all on Le Blanc to handle the aftermath. Even when I got home and emailed them I got a short, cold apology. They did Nothing to accomodate us. Le Blanc went above and beyond to try to make it up to us and gave us a honeymoon that you only see in Disney movies. A few nights later Ceasar one of the managers told us to be ready for dinner and our butler would get us for a surprise. We were escorted out to the grass gazebos all lit up for a private dinner with our own private wait staff and viewing of the video Smile Market took on a huge outdoor screen. The dinner was great. The video was mediocre at best, you can tell he just followed my photographer shooting nonstop then they did a rush edit job. Marcie was still doing follow up emails to find out what went wrong to ensure this doesn't happen again but seems people were dodging her, I'm sure she gave them hell and I know she really helped us while we were there! The whole Beach Bum team got involved! My photographer did a better slideshow...but hey! Le Blanc really did try to make things right. They also upgraded our spa appt that we were using our resort credit for and didn't charge us but then again, it was a resort credit so anyway you see it....we paid for it one way or another.Over a month later I still have not received a sinciere apology from Smile Market or any answers as to why this happened and why adriana lied to me and made it seem like Sandra was lieing. Andreas Schmidt the general manager of Le Blanc met us at our dinner to give us his sincere apology and shake our hands. He is a busy man and took the time to come see us, that meant alot to us! The rest of the honeymoon was great! The weather was choppy at times but we kept busy with our relaxing and honeymooning....onto Le Blancs review:
Every positive thing said about the resort here on tripadvisor is right on. Food A++, Drinks A++, Resort is clean, the service is the best I have ever seen with sincere smiles, please tip everyone that deserves it they all work so hard! The pools, beach and grounds were spotless at all times, everyone tries to be step ahead of your needs and doesn't want you to lift a finger. I do agree with posts that the constant spa music for 9 days got to be a bit too much and the entertainment pool needs a little more upbeat, modern music. I would totally recommend Le Blanc for a honeymoon spot but unless they work out something where you don't have to spend an extra arm and a leg to bring in your own photographerin - yes the resort charges if you don't use Smile Market. I wouldn't chance using Smile Market (Le Blancs prefered vendor -even their customer service isn't up to Le Blanc standards). The minister they had do our ceremony was also GREAT!
Conclusion - Upon leaving Le Blanc, We were treated great for the most part although at times felt like we were looked at like the problem child even tho the issues that went on weren't our fault. When we went to check out they actually gave us a bill but my husband asked for a manager and it was taken care of. They try to charge us for the cleaning of our clothes for the wedding and a bottle of wine at our special beach dinner that was held in the buffet....Cesar the manager took care of it. Mr Schmidt met us, shook our hands and invited us to come back for a few compd nights at any Palace Resort within a year. But like my husband said, no matter what or how beautiful I still don't have my video. Would I go back to Le Blanc for a vacation or for a honeymoon - Sure! Other than the day of the wedding mishaps it was almost perfect! Will we use the compd nights? Since it's only good for within the year, not sure but we are going to try. If we do make it back we are calling Marcie from Beach Bum to help us out and making an appointment with Lincoln to do another fun shoot! In the meantime we have already discussed trying to do a small family getaway and Marcie is now part of our family and our forever travel agent! This is a very long review and I could have gone into even more details, if you would like to inquire about my experience with Smile Market I have all the documentation saved on how they dropped the ball and don't mind sharing it, please feel free to contact me.
Marcie at Beach Bum - marcie@beachbumvacation.com
Lincoln at Moments that Matter - contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com
Tips: Governers suite was amazing, coconut martinis to die for, all the wait staff at breakfast are great! Ocean view is the way to go! Confirm and re-confirm any plans made at the spa or anything special. Yes, we smoked cigarettes and were respectful of non-smokers with no issues, bring your ipad with some music, room service is just as good as the restaurants - even the service. Private transfers were amazing - 20 min from the airport. Overall my travel agent did an amazing job! Smile Market was a great disappointment. Le Blanc is everything all of the reviews say it is.

5 Thank Alwayshoneymooning
Rye, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My wife and I went back to Le Blanc after researching other venues and destinations. Cancun is an easy trip from the East Coast, the beaches are terrific and we enjoyed ourselves at Le Blanc on our first visit four years ago.It was our first "all inclusive" experience.
It did not disappoint. I will tell you that as you drive from the airport and pass by several big name hotels with ornate entrance ways and expansive property, you are somewhat surprised by the understated driveway and entrance to Le Blanc. To be sure, what awaits you is a place to relax, unwind, and be treated by a staff that is truly wonderful. Always a smile, always ready to get you whatever you may need- Lucy, Darla, Francisco, Julio,Sara, the beach staff- and so many others made it a fabulous vacation.
Take advantage of the Spa. First rate.Use your credits and enjoy it!. The food is terrific although I do wish there were more choices for dinner. Pool and beach are wonderful. No loud music and the beach is kept meticulous. Always a lounge chair and umbrella if you need one. While we did not take any tours this time, the Concierge will help you on whatever you feel like doing. We did go "off campus" one night for dinner at Fred's Seafood Market. It's close to the hotel and it was very good.
A first class resort with exceptional service.

Weaverville, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Went to Leblanc and had a blast. No kids all adults. Very quite and relaxing. Food was good, service was good guest services were outstanding and got to meet a lot of new friends that we keep in touch with. would recommend highly.They also help with shopping and tell you where to and where not to shop. Not like Moon Palace, where guest services pretend to help but always drop the ball. Once your vacation is over if you have any problems as a reslut from your trip they don't care. Don't buy any expensive jewelry from Matis at Moon Palace.
They are a rip off, bought a ring there got home and it was not at all what we paid for and guest services could care less about helping. We shipped it back and low and behold it mysteriously disappeared. Small resorts are better. Moon Palace is much too large.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2onvacation
Modesto, California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Wonderful place to relax and shake off the stress of life. Whether you prefer being a slovenly slug or an active explorer, Le Blanc is the place to be. The concierge can help arrange tours, etc. We had a great experience at Chichen Itza. The tour was taxing,so we lazed around the pool and beach area the next day. The staff waited on us hand and foot. We enjoyed the French and Italian restaurants for dinner. There were many activities offered throughout the day and into the evening, from classes to live music. We loved it all.

Room Tip: You may use some of your points to upgrade. I recommend the third floor because the butler is always...
3 Thank Dadasea
Andreas S, General Manager at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
It is our pleasure to know that your vacation with us was relaxing and at the same time full of different exciting experiences such as tour to the heart of Mayan civilization –Chichen Itza. I hope your return to Le Blanc and its tranquil atmosphere and attentive service will be very soon, as we all are looking forward to welcome you back for another revitalizing vacation.
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at Le Blanc for a week, from February 12 to 19th, 2012. Sorry for the late review. This week included a birthday for my husband (16th) and Valentine’s Day (14th). This vacation was booked 9 days before arrival, so not much information was checked about this hotel prior or after booking due to time restraints. We received a great price for this hotel.

There were many good staff members from Ana at the pool as a waitress and Laura who brings water buckets, water, umbrellas, and sets up lounge chairs at the pool. She needs a raise! The bartenders in the Lobby Bar at night were the A-Team, all were great and would make any drink you wanted and also try new things.

JetBlue down was not as good as it could have been. TV’s did not work, some worked and some were stuck on a channel and could not be moved or volume raised or lowered. Return had no movies, only TV (better than being stuck on the Cartoon Network with too low volume). Kindle helped where JetBlue failed.

This was a great hotel. From landing in Cancun with a pick up by the hotel to return to the airport by the hotel, this place was relaxing. I have to admit that the return to the airport was way too early. We made it to the gate within an hour of leaving the hotel. Stuck at the gate for about two hours was no fun. I would rather have left the hotel later, by at least 60 minutes.
Upon arrival, our room was not ready and we were given a buzzer to notify us when it was done. The day was quite cold, so we were OK with long pants and long sleeves sitting by the pool. Kind of ruins the early arrival when you can’t get in your room for hours.

Valentine's Day included a rose for women and also a chance to see Jon Secada at a sister resort. I wanted to go, but husband did not, so we did not. All females were given flowers upon arrival at check-in. Also upon arrival you were given a cold, wet towel. You were also given a towel every time you returned to the hotel from off property.

Food was great; from pick your own meat for employees to cook at the buffet, to wonderful desserts including ice cream.

All staff were nice and appeared to like their jobs, and also had fun while on the job. You would often see them smiling and willing to help other employees if needed. This seems to rarely happen at other hotels where I have stayed. They went over and above.

Loved the food and drink service at the pool and beach. What more could anyone want?
Martinis were great. Tried many, some we never heard of before, from Cucumber, Tangerine, Strawberry, and Pear. All made with fresh fruit.

Rooms were wonderful with Bulgari toiletries. We had a 3rd floor room facing the lagoon. Great view of other hotels in the distance, and the pool on that side of the building. Free calls to the US from the rooms was another perk.

Fire show was great, although the food that day was the worse meal we had the whole week.
I would go back to Le Blanc in a second. It was relaxing and a wonderful place to be.

Room Tip: We loved the lagoon view room which overlooked much of the distant Cancun area, much more entertaini...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SunshineOnCapeCod
Thank you very much for sharing your review about experience lived at Le Blanc with TripAdvisor readers. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity you gave us and glad to know that this vacation, dedicated to your husband’s birthday celebration, was relaxing and enjoyable. It is our pleasure to know that you found our food selection great and that our martinis menu offered you many different tastes to enjoy.
Thank you for the kind words said about our team and the efforts we apply to ensure that all our guests’ expectations are met or exceeded.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Le Blanc for another relaxing and pampering stay.