Le Blanc Spa Resort
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$465
US$520
US$304
galahotels.com
6,367 results
All reviewsinternational restaurantfrench restaurantcoconut milklagoon poolbutler servicevisited lefloor butlersbath saltshoneymoon suitefrench balconypillow menuthird floorromantic dinner on the beachbreakfast and lunchmy pleasuresteam roomdiamond concierge
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I'm late submitting this review because I thought I would give Palace Resorts the opportunity to sort out my complaint regarding the so-called "preferential" rates offered to members. While we were at Le Blanc in December we found out that other visitors from London had travelled with Virgin Holidays for less than our members' rate. A quick internet search showed that UK travel operators were consistently cheaper across all Palace Resorts and at whatever time of the year. I put in a complaint while at the resort - Uriah Heap couldn't have been more unctuous, but of course they were powerless on site to do anything about it, they had no knowledge of tour operators offering lower rates, couldn't do anything except pass it on to their managment, yadda yadda. Now here we are 4 months later!! and still nothing has been done despite regular emails to chase them up.

In a nutshell, UK visitors DO NOT sign up to the membership scheme as you can get better deals without forking out vast sums to these shysters in exchange for "preferential rates" that are more expensive than any travel agent.

Regarding the resort itself, standards had definitely slipped since we first visited Le Blanc three years previously: chipped crockery, no wi-fi access in our room on the 7th floor (in this standard of hotel, in this century....really?), poor entertainment, weird piped "whale" music everywhere, and the French restaurant was a joke: they try to be "classy" but the hostess on the door was dressed like a street-walker, you could only choose silly tasting menus instead of proper a la carte, and the standard of the food was really bad - we could have drunk the souffle, it was so liquid, the steak was overcooked, and the dessert was just a tarted up choc ice! It's a shame because the waiters seem so proud of it, but you'd get better food in any little neighbourhood restaurant in France.

On the plus side, most of the staff were extremely pleasant, as usual, and the pastry chef who produces the desserts at lunchtime is a genius.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stella_P
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

First and foremost allow me to thank you for bringing to my attention your concern. I truly regret to read that you have not received any response from our Palace Elite department, please know that as our guest your concerns are our number one priority. I was in contact with Palace Elite manager to investigate your case; they will be contacting you as soon as possible with the proper response to your inquiry.

Regarding the inconveniences faced during your stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort due to the poor Wi-Fi access and the less than expected experience lived at our French restaurant Lumiere, I assure you that your comments will be taking in consideration to improve and provide all our guest the best quality service fulfilling their preferences and needs. It is good to read that you were able to enjoy our lunchtime desserts and were pleased with our staff attentive service. We all look forward to welcome you back and present you our improvements do to your valuable feedback.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here twice in 2012. The resort is beautiful, the service outstanding , the food was fabulous. The spa credits were the best. This place is pure relaxation, the customer service was very food, they knew what we needed before we even asked for it! If you are looking for a party atop this is not it, great place for R and R...will surely be back. The only downside was the water was rough...the pools are gorgeous though!

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aloha09
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

It is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am really glad that our staff’s quality service and attitude made your stay an exceptional experience; we love to receive loyal guests like you. It is great to read that you took advantage of your resort credits at the relaxing ambiance of our spa. We all look forward to pamper you once again on your next visit.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We just returned from a glorious week at Le Blanc. When you get through the chaos that is the Cancun airport (and I do mean chaos), and arrive at this beautiful resort, it is as though your stress begins to melt away the minute you enter its doors. There is a very peaceful, almost Zen like quality to the reception area, and as you wait to check in, you are comfortably seated on couches, sipping refreshing drinks.
We started our week in a lagoon view room, which was absolutely beautiful. Our butlers, Israel and Jesus, made sure that we felt comfortable the instant we arrived, and really were there to fulfill every need. These two men could not have been more accommodating and gracious, and we appreciated their assistance and friendliness. We eventually moved to an ocean view suite, which was just breathtaking.
The pool areas are all wonderful, although we did stay for the most part at the main pool. From the moment of our arrival, and every day following, Laura ensured that we had the seats we preferred, that our water was ready on ice, and that we had what we required to start the day. The extra touches at the pool, such as cool cloths, snacks of fruit and other goodies during the day, umbrellas, are all excellent .Particular mention to Laura and to Sara, our server, who was always attentive. Raul and Michel at the bar are always most friendly and ready to provide guests with whatever they wish.
The restaurants at Le Blanc are all first rate, and the service excellent. We appreciated the attention of the restaurant managers, who are all present and most willing to determine whether all was good. Room service was always outstanding, and was delivered in a very timely manner. On our departure, we requested boxed lunches to take to the airport, and we highly recommend doing this.
We took advantage of several services in the spa and in the salon, and in both cases, we found the facilities and the staff to be wonderful. They go above and beyond in their efforts to make sure that all are relaxed and enjoying whatever service they have booked.
Every aspect of this fine resort is outstanding, and if relaxation and pampering are what you are after, this is most definitely an excellent choice.

2  Thank Beth G

Thank you very much for such valuable review. It is truly rewarding to know that your stay was wonderful due to the excellent service provided at our spa facilities, the personalize service of our pool staff, the outstandig service delivered at your room, the quality of food and the relaxing ambiance encountered through the resort. We are really grateful to receive every review shared, which helps us identify what our guest enjoy the most and ensure that every stay is full of relaxing and memorable moment. It will be my pleasure to congratulate Israel, Jesus, Laura, Sara, Raul and Michel for the attentive service provided. We will be more than happy to welcome you back to Le Blanc Spa Resort and provide you another unique experience.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at Le Blanc from March 28th to April 4th. From the moment we were picked up at the airport we knew that we were in for a very special holiday. We had a ride to the hotel in a very roomy Suburban which was great as we were travelling with friends and were able to all drive together while our luggage went along in the van behind us. We were offered cold beer and water or pop for our approximately 25 minute drive from the airport to the hotel. While on the way the driver had us order from a pillow menu, an aromatherapy menu and also pre-ordered our wish for a welcome drink upon arrival. We were warmly greeted by Gerardo who we would like to compliment on arranging for our room request to a junior suite oceanview. He was always happy to assist and made us feel very welcome to the hotel. He deserves special recognition!

From the food to the beach to the poolside service we could not have been happier. Mornings were spent on the beach followed by lagoon pool for the late afternoon to enjoy cocktails served with a smile by Jacinda. We spent our last day at the pool on the 3rd level and it is a great spot as it is quiet and the pool there was a little more refreshing than the other two pools which we found quite warm during our stay.

All of the staff that we met there were truly amazing! Special mention goes to Gerardo, front desk manager who started our vacation off on a great note, David from the International restaurant who arranged for us to have a takeaway meal when we left bright and early the morning of our departure, Ana from the main pool who was always friendly and efficient and last but certainly not least Omar, from beach/pool service. He helped us get set up at the beach and pool and always went out of his way to say hello and offer a big smile. Our butlers Luis and Alex were also great with information and always ready with the elevator when we walked down the hall. All wonderful people that most certainly make their mark as a great addition to this resort.

We enjoyed all of the restaurants. The vibe of the resort is definitely relaxation as there is no loud music and very little in the way of planned activity. It is the perfect spot to go if you would just like to relax.

Definitely would recommend upgrading to a Junior Suite Oceanview although the friends we travelled with were in a Junior Suite Lagoon View and their room was beautiful as well. On the lagoon side the Junior Suites have an actual balcony that you can sit out on plus a Juliette balcony while the Oceanview ones have 2 Juliette Balconies.

We loved it so much that we are planning to go back for our anniversary next year in April!

Room Tip: We upgraded to a Junior Suite oceanview and could not have been happier with our views of the beach. Even the bathroom had a large picture window that you could be in the jacuzzi tub with amazing ocean views.
4  Thank Ingrid1717

It is our pleasure to know that Le Blanc Spa Resort exceeded your expectations and every detail and every whim was taken into account. Allow me to let you know that Gerardo, Lucinda, David, Ana, Omar, Luis and Alex will all be congratulated for the quality service delivered during your stay with us. We are glad to know how much you enjoyed your stay due to the quality of the food and relaxing ambiance provided.
Our commitment is to make every guests experience as exceptional and unique as it can be. Thank you for letting us know how memorable and special your overall vacation was. We are looking forward to welcome you back and be host of your upcoming anniversary celebration creating another experience to remember.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week at Le Blanc 4/8-4/12. My ONLY regret is that we didn't book for a full week (or longer), not just because I wanted to bawl my eyes out when we left, but also because we could have gotten double the resort credits ;) We had 750 which we used on the spa (I got a deluxe pedicure and an oxygen facial) and the "spa facilities" are free to use anytime (sauna, steam room, etc). Also did the romantic dinner on the beach - well worth the experience, but now that we did that I think we would use those credits toward excursions next time. The private butlers on our floor were amazing - can't remember the one guy's name, but Enrique was so wonderful! My husband got an awful sunburn a few days in and Enrique drew him a bath with euculaptus/mint bath salts to soothe. He was also given a special mixture to put on from the spa that they don't even sell! I regret that I did not use the gym/classes offered more - we did try aqua spinning the one day (Samantha taught, she was great) but it didn't seem that anyone was interested in that or the pool volleyball. We just stayed in a standard room and didn't feel any need for an upgrade - we had a wonderful view of the main pool and the ocean beyond. The bed was so comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud (reminded me of the Heavenly beds at the Westin, and that is difficult to come by). We also took advantage of the pillow menu. All of the food was excellent (we didn't try the French restaurant because we didn't book a reservation in time). Italian and Oriental were great, we love sushi and it was wonderful how he brought out a cart and we could pick however many pieces we wanted from the assortment of rolls. I cannot say enough great things about our experience at Le Blanc - we have paid just as much for other places that didn't offer half as much! I can't remember all the names, but some to mention: Lilia and Marta in the spa, Mariella in guest services, Ana on the wait staff for tirelessly bringing us drinks all day! We didn't do anything except eat, drink and lay in the Mexican sun. We have never been to the same place twice but my husband is already asking me if we should book another trip for the fall!

Room Tip: We stayed in #200 right by the elevator so I could hear the musical sound when the elevator reached the floor, but not anything I would have complained about.
5  Thank Ann A

I would like to express my most sincere thanks for the time you have taken to share this review with all Trip advisor readers, and for the valuable comments you have provided in it.
I was pleased to know that your vacation with us was highlighted by the courteous attention of our staff, comfortable room accommodations, pillow menu and enjoyable food choices in our restaurants specially BlancOrient and BlancItalia. I will personally congratulate and reward all our staff, especially Enrique for the excellent personalize service provided, Samantha our gym teacher, Lilia and Martha at our spa facilities, Mariela at guest service and Ana who was always taking care of your needs. I am glad to know you are already planning your next visit to Le Blanc Spa Resort. We are waiting for your return and for the opportunity to pamper you again in the future.