“Good!”

Ranked #39 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We just left the omni today and had a great time! Check in and check out were fast and easy. When we arrived we were on one of the first floors and couldn't really see the ocean, we had to wait one day for an available room on the 18th floor, but we're happy with their cooperation. Pools are a little small, but it didn't bother us because we came for the beach and ocean. There was a very nice lady who waited on us most days on the beach and she was great! One day she was not there and we had to deal with Edurdo (spelling?), super rude. Actually the only rude person we encountered at the omni all week. Buffet got to be real old fast and not vegitarian friendly at all. We ate sushi a lot and also ate breakfast and lunch at piña colada almost everyday to see our favorite waiter Jose! We originally had 2 reservations at Di Vinci an 1 at Deva for dinner, but ended up not liking Di Vinci and going to Deva for 2 nights. We had a great time and would return to the Omni again.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank ndbrit06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,241)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Loved the view and the hotel. Liked the food for two days but we were getting tired of the food on third days. Two restaurants require reservation and we couldn't choose the date. So, we only got it on 5th and 6th days. Needed little more option. Sushi only opened for lunch, and the line was huge. Buffet was good, but we couldn't eat it four straight days.
Check in tooked one hour because the room was not ready, so the front desk gave us the upgrade for free. We joined the free omni club membership to get the free wireless connection. I think they charge $30 per day.
Swimming pool was little small. Beach was great. The wave was a bit too much for little ones.

Room Tip: Join omni club membership to get the free wireless service
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jikiri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I really enjoyed that when you came in to the Omni they'd say "bienvenidos a casa" (welcome home); it made me feel very welcomed! They also had "pillow" service which was when you can order pillows at no additional cost to suit your needs. I also enjoyed the "box lunch" idea for the day that I did a day "tour". The best bartenders on site were def Alejandro and Orlando in the lobby bar along with Sylvia that was a waitress. She was very outgoing and fun to be around.Gilberto, the waiter at the pool area around the sushi bar was nothing but great! He waited all day on my friends offering them drinks, food and picture taking.
Our cleaning lady in room 1643 was amazing as well! She did a very good job @ reorganizing our messes and picking up after us. Everyday our room looked the same as the first impression.
I was not impressed with the store at the hotel that sells phone cards, medicine, snacks, etc. A lady sold me a $15 "unlimited" card that was was unable to use without paying additional charges. When I returned another woman told me she didn't know anything about the card and that there was nothing she could do. When I called the concierge, Jose he explained the card to me and I was able to call out. I am not happy about the additional charges but was impressed by Jose's professionalism in assisting me with this. The wait staff was not attentive at all as to asking for drinks, or refilling them in a timely fashion.

• Stayed April 2012
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

When in Cancun, there is no other place to stay but on the hotel strip--the beach is sandy white, and you're a short, cheap, and safe but frequently interesting bus ride from all the nightlife, shopping and restaurants.

The Omni exceeded our expectations. We coughed up the extra $20 or so a day to get the ocean view and it is worth every penny! The rooms are large, cool and clean. There's a lovely big balcony overlooking the pool and beach. I can't say enough about what a wonderful time we had and how pleasant everyone was, both staff and clientele. The beach is wonderful and the Omni provides plenty of shaded beach chairs and towels. ( You don't have to get up at 6:00 a.m. to reserve your chairs like other places we've been, but if you wander out at 10:30 a.m., you may be out of luck for shade. The only minor complaint I had was the elevators were a little slow, but we were on one of the upper floors and hey, I'm on vacation, so I'm in no rush anyway.

We did NOT go all inclusive. I believe they actually switched to totally all inclusive while we were there, which made it a little confusing to purchase any food or drink but, if they are totally all inclusive now it shouldn't be an issue.

We'd go back in a heartbeat, EXCEPT for the all-inclusive factor, since we like to get out and about and not feel like we need to eat at the hotel each night.

Awesome staff and a beautiful room. Looks just like the photos. I knocked down the points for value, because wouldn't call it inexpensive.

Room Tip: Pay the extra dough for the ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank texas1
Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Welcome home is what the front desk clerk said upon checking in. They remembered us from last summer. We came as a couple but this time we brought the boys 5 and 7. Very familiar with the resort we walked in to find changes in just 10 months. We were very impressed and happy. The new restaurant Viva Mexico was festive and self serve margaritas and tequila. They added 2 a new restaurant at night near the pool and on the beach. Great changes from last time. There were even a new lounge area in the sand. This trip was a FABULOUS time. We relaxed all day! The crowd was TOTALLY different this time. Very family oriented probably bc of Spring break but in the early summer it was Party Central. The activitie staff now consist of a crew of 10 vs 3 and they added new activities also. They kept the main pool busy and fun.

Everywhere you looked no matter what time of day it was somebody was cleaning. We are neat freaks but even we wanted them to sit down...omg cleaning every second. All the food was good. The rooms were cleaned when we returned from breakfast.

My only suggestion bc my kids were disappointed.... The kids club schedule was changed bc some parents didn't want their child to leave the club. Well my kids was looking forward to shell searching and water aerobics and it was cancelled. I believe the parents should have to picked their kids up when outside activities are planned if they don't want their child to leave. Not disappoint the kids that's looking forward to an outside activity. Hire More staff maybe to sit with them but this is was not fair.

All in all I still give them great reviews bc my issue is an easy fix and I believe in the direction this resort is going it will be addressed. Bravo Omni Cancun thanks for a great spring break. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Lagoon View: Privacy, sunset. More quiet. Ocean view: no privacy, show views, loud mid day. Sun ris...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Divamom521
sjbk, Director of Sales at Omni Cancun Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Omni Cancun Repeat Guests,
Thank you for taking your valuable time in reviewing our resort for this forum.
We truly appreciate your valued input as this information helps us to grow and expand on our services offered at the resort. Over the last several months, the Omni Cancun has been upgrading it´s facilities for it´s conversion to an all inclusive property. The transition period has been mostly smooth, and we are working out a few more areas so that we may have everything in order to serve all our valued clients with the warm, genuine hospitality that we pride ourselves on.
It is heart-warming to hear that you enjoyed our additions and have noted the changes since your last visit with us. We are sure that on your next trip to Cancun, and we do hope that it will be with us again, that you will see the continued enhancements in all areas.
On behalf of all our fellow Associates at the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas, we look forward to see you again in the very near future.
Warmest regards,
Scott Balesteri
Director of Sales & Marketing
Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Such a good time at the OMNI. Went as a couple. What i loved most was all the different food options available. The sushi bar, the mexican restaurant, pina colodas on the beach, kukus in the hot tub, it was sooo great. The staff was so amazing, anytime you needed something someone was there, + the self serve options were great too. Room was beautiful, clean, mini bar always restocked. Another great feature was the 24hr all inclusive room service! Hotel is so nice, great pools, cannot say enough good things, would love to go back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Talia69
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I visited with the intention on investing in a time share....well, it took me over two hours to be checked in since they only have one person to give the introduction about the timeshare presentation. Needless to say...I made the decision of NOT investing my money with them at that point!
Moving on to the rest of my stay there....The food at all the restaurants was excellent! Especially the seafood restaurant where they keep the food coming and the quality of the food was definitely top quality.
Also, the service of all the people there (excluding guest services) was fabulous! They can also schedule your diving trips right at the hotel and a whole bunch of other activities. It is located close to the Markets...great to go get your suveniers. Oh! and the hotel also has vendors setting up outside by the pool where you can also buy very nice things if you don't want to leave the hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple