6,747 results
All reviewsda vincipina coladasushi barla vistajacuzzi barindonesian restaurantvacation clubpool grilllagoon viewall inclusive packageall inclusive plantime sharemarble floorsdress codemichael jackson showtacoskids club
Reviewed July 19, 2016

May is not the best time in Cancun (little too hot) but Omni did make this trip nice! Extremely clean, great service. Fantastic food, even in the buffet. Room was good size, nice mattresses, mini bar with free drinks. Speaking of drinks - very good top shelf choices in the bars, you just have to specify or they pour generic stuff. Classy formal Italian restaurant requires evening attire and reservations, definitely worth it! Did not do any excursions so can't comment on that.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boris M
Reviewed July 19, 2016

I have had few experiences such as I had recently at The Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas. Upon arrival, the lobby was quite loud and unorganized. Had to fight through a few stagnant and misplaced families. Once I got to the Front Desk, I was greeted by someone whom seemed to not want to be there let alone assist me with my check in process. I got to my room, with it's outdated furniture and drab appearance and wanted to do an immediate about face and run back to the hotel and resort I had just checked out from. Add to this, when I attempted to do some work I found that the internet was not working in my villa. To his credit, the Manager on Duty provided me with dinner to make up for the lack. The dinner proved to be an other dismal proposition. Lackluster service, cold food (it was not supposed to be cold) andI literally had to chase down the waiter to inquire about receiving a bill so as to give him gratuity. He seemed not to care and that did it for me. Omni Hotel & Resorts should be ashamed to have its name attached to this property! The bright spots were Manuel (Manager) and Willy (Bellman), they only employees I came across that seemed to care and appreciate my business.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed July 19, 2016

We went to Omni Resort for our 20th Anniversary, and we loved it. Excellent service with great food and drinks, down to earth, friendly, well educated, extremely hard working people that will help you enjoy your stay. Highly recommend this Resort!!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Alma E
Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I went for a week last week. I must say even though the hotel was a little outdated the service is the best service I have ever experienced in all my world travels. They wait staff is superb. This is an all inclusive resort so tipping is not a must. However we couldn't resist tipping because the service was that great. Sometimes if we were in the pool and they waited on us, we would not tip. We would see those same people the next day and they were just as friendly. We would always tip them later on. The buffet was decent and there is something for everyone and a different theme every night. The salad and fruit was really fresh. All the food was good. The portion sizes were good but not too much. The bartenders were the best!!! The fancier restaurants you had to have a reservation. The Italian place was not the best. My fiancé loved the Lasagna and said it was the best he had ever had. My Chicken Parm was ok but salty. The Risotto tasted like dry wall (but to be fair I have never liked Risotto). The Michael Jackson show was a joke!!! His impersonation and dance moves were on half speed. I appreciated the effort it was fun to watch. They had some karoke and different entertainment every night. The guys running that were very entertaining and it was fun. The food in comparison to the Moon Palace is not up to par. Please note, the Cancun sun is way stronger. I don't usually burn but make sure you bring no leas than a 50 and lotion sunscreen seems to work better than the spray. I had to buy a ling sleeve swim shirt. Sunscreen will run you about $20 a bottle. It was a decent place and I would go back. You can't beat the service and the kindness of the staff. For some reason they don't like to leave wash cloths in the room. We had to call everyday to get some.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank slawson35
Reviewed July 18, 2016

Our week was lovely with perfect weather and an outstanding staff at the Omni! Service was phenomenal! Tipping your servers will help tremendously! They REALLY deserve it!
The good: The rooms were fine, the beach was exceptional...I mean it....PERFECT and the pools were okay. They were hot and dirty by the end of the day but that has been our experience with every resort we have visited. The food was really great! da Vinci was my favorite restaurant by far! Make sure you order the chocolate piano for desert! You will be pleasantly surprised! Also coming in a VERY close second was La Vista! Wow....they were amazing! The buffet at La Paloma was fine too - that was where we had most of our breakfasts and lunches. We did enjoy Pina Colada as well. But - here is my advice to you as far as dining. Book your reservations EARLY!!!! You can actually call ahead before you arrive to secure your reservations. We didn't discover that until we arrived...so maybe that will help you. The mini-fridge in the room is stocked daily which is very nice. Our room - slightly outdated (but - who cares) was just fine and I have to say that the Hilda (our floor housekeeping lady) was the BEST! Sheets were changed daily and the room was perfect when we returned to get ready for dinner! Also...we stayed over the July 4th weekend...this staff went above and way beyond, creating a Fourth of July Cancun~style that I will NEVER forget! It was wonderful! Another positive is that the bus to go into the market areas is right outside of the resort! Easy and safe access into town for only 1 dollar per person each way! We also went snorkeling at the reef using the group across the street from the hotel. They were great too!
The bad: Daytime activities were bad! I read the reviews and was expecting a great entertainment staff....but...not so much. They are lackluster and they don't really seem interested in entertainment. A few of the guys were okay (volleyball guys) but the rest...ugh. We were REALLY disappointed in that part of our trip. We have 5 teens (13, 15, 16, 17, and 18 years old) who have found other resorts HIGHLY entertaining and downright fun....the Omni did not offer that type of fun. But...the beach and other excursions kept the kids busy and enjoying life! Kids can and should find their own entertainment....and they did....we were just hoping for more from the Omni. Just don't expect much from the daytime entertainment staff. The nightly shows were great and we really had fun watching those! Casino night in the lobby bar was a total bummer....1 blackjack table and 4 decks of cards and karoke wasn't that much better.
I hope this review helps you in some way! Happy and safe travels! :)

Room Tip: 16th floor and above are best for views! We were in 1514 and had a lagoon and slight ocean view....I couldn't have been happier!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family