“Great staff at Hyatt Cancun”

Krystal Grand Punta Cancun
Ranked #56 of 180 Hotels in Cancun
Wisconsin
“Great staff at Hyatt Cancun”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Violeta at registration goes out of her way to make sure we are happy with our stay. She is wonderful. That staff at the bar off the lobby are also great. We spent a couple of great afternoons lounging there and were well taken care of.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
HyattRegencyCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your kind comments; we have conveyed them to our Exco and particularly, the staff you mentioned. They were very happy to learn their efforts were appreciated.

Executive Secretary to General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The hotel is on the beach and a walk away from bars and restaurants. Service was very good, but the food options limited. Really liked all the activities scheduled throughout the day, and the beachside cabanas! Lovely.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms were pretty good, I mean, I'd rather spend all day on the beach rather tha...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear guest:

Thank you so much for your kind comments; we are very very happy to learn you enjoyed staying with us, as well as the location. We hope this experience in our part of the country will motivate you to visit us again sometime soon.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I spent four nights at the Hyatt Regency Cancun in September 2011. We had a wonderful time. The hotel is admittedly a bit dated...but I actually loved the austere style of the building. It reminded me of the city I lived in in in northern Mexico in the 1980s. The building was very well maintained. And the beach was lovely. We stayed on the Club floor and enjoyed the associated lounge very much - small but very nice. Evening light fare was surprisingly good. Took advantage of the "double your credit" offer and ate at the hotel restaurants most of the time. Food was surprisingly good...and you can't beat lunch on the beach! But what made it an outstanding trip was the staff. They were superb! We had a great time and plan to head back again next year if we can.

Room Tip: Get a club room. During the off season (like September) they give you a 1/2 off credit for their ex...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DCTexan95
Dear guests:

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay; it was certainly a pleasure to read them, particularly those complimenting the professionalism and dedication of the staff.

We hope it was the first of many happy returns to this part of the Mexican Caribbean, and look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife found a great package deal on this hotel and it turned out to be a wonderful value.

The hotel itself was great. We did not upgrade to a ocean view but we had great water views anyway (The hotel is round, and you probably have a 70% chance of water views from any room) The room itself was a decent size, up to date, well maintained and clean. Had a good strong shower and all the typical amenities. The grounds were well kept, and I noticed employees thoroughly cleaning the property and working on the landscape every day.

As has been mentioned before, the hotel offers a deal where they double any pre-paid hotel credits. You can start with $100 and re-fill the credits at the desk as long as you don't run out. I highly recommend this as it effectively cuts their somewhat overpriced food, drinks, and amenities in half, making bar and restaurants a decent value.

We ate dinner once at The Grill, and it was delicious. The Mojitos were fabulous (and at $4.50 a piece after you take advantage of the matching credits offer, might be the best deal in Mexico) The breakfast buffet was real good too, with a great selection of breakfast items and a cook that will make eggs any way you like.

The staff was friendly enough. The bell hop was very welcoming and informative, the wait staff service was adequate, and when my remote control broke, they had a new one sent to my room in 10 minutes.

The real star of the resort was the beach. It is beautiful and blue, and most importantly to us, it was far removed from the loud beach clubs blasting music down the beach. Very peaceful and relaxing, and there were always beach chairs available. The pool was great too, although a little more crowded than the beach and was a magnet for the children. Use the upper level pool for a more peaceful experience.

While we really enjoyed the Hyatt, Cancun really wasn't our speed. Too many US chain restaurants and nothing but EXTREMELY LOUD clubs. not one decent bar to be found. We wound up spending a few days in Playa Del Carmen and found it laid-back and MUCH more to our liking.

But if Cancun is your thing, the Hyatt was a great hotel. May not be the most happening choice for the party crowd, but it's low key vibe and the fact that it was out of ear shot from the clubs made it a perfect choice for us.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
HyattRegencyCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay. It is always nice when guests let us know that our services have been up to their satisfaction. We have conveyed your valuable comments tot he staff and they were happy to learn their efforts have been appreciated.

We certainly hope you will visit this part of the Mexican Caribbean again and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I visited the Hyatt Cancun from Feb 8-11 with my wife. I am a Hyatt Diamond and I was able to use a suite certificate to get a regency club suite upgrade. Rooms are very clean and I never heard any noise from nearby clubs that I read about in other reviews. Staff is all very nice and helpful and speak very good English. Also there are 2-3 staff members whose jobs are just to play with anyone bored (kids or adults) on the beach and at the pool. I thought that was a great touch. There are enough cabanas on the beach that you can get one and even a few beds on grass over looking the beach that are really cool (all free). My only complaint of entire stay was the check in process, which takes a long time and I was directed to wrong location (apparently diamonds can only check in at regency club, which would have been fantastic if I was directed there and didn't wait several minutes at front desk to be told that).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kaeagan
Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your kind comments; we are very happy to learn your experience with us was a nice one. We are very much interested in all our guests' comments, particularly those from special clients who contribute to the importance of our program.

We have discussed your suggestions with our Director of Rooms, and these will be the focus of his immediate concern and attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back in te near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We recently returned from a week at the Hyatt Regency Cancun. It was my husband and I, our 2 year old son and 4 of our good friends. We stayed Feb 3-10th and had an amazing time!
We booked this trip a long time ago to celebrate some big events (birthdays and anniversaries), and I have to admit I was a little nervous after reading some of the negative reviews that were posted in late January. I even contacted the hotel and I was assured that we would have no issues, and they were correct. My family has been to Cancun many times, and I can say with the utmost certainty that this trip was one of our BEST EVER!
The hotel itself is beautiful. It is the perfect size, not too small and not one of those mega resorts. The property was very secure and safe and the location was just incredible! The pool was great, and the ocean was even better. Calm warm water all week and amazing weather as well! For what we were looking for when we planned this trip, the hotel turned out to be just right. I will try to review each part of the hotel. Forgive me if this gets long
ROOMS: We booked an ocean view regency club king room and our friends next door had the regency ocean view double. As stated by many people, the rooms are on the small side and have a very minimalist look to them. No frills: just clean, modern and efficient. The beds were really comfortable and the maids kept the rooms very clean. Something to take note of, is that the ocean view king room is literally about 1/3 smaller then the double room. Had I known this, I probably would have booked the double even though our son is still sleeping in a pack n play. We could have used a little extra space, but we made the best of it and really…I mean, how much time do you spend in the rooms on vacation anyway? Our rooms were 1213 and 1214 and were on the “Dreams” side of the beach. The view was incredible. It was so nice to sit on our balcony and just watch the sunset or enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning! The only other thing I will mention about the rooms is that there is just a shower, not a tub. This was no big deal for us as our son was able to use the shower; however the floors do get very slippery when wet and he did take a fall. We called the front desk and literally with in 2 minutes their team was up to check on him, and bring us a rubber bath mat for the bottom of the shower. They were very nice and generally concerned, which was a great feeling, which brings me to…
SERVICE: Overall the service at the hotel was OUTSTANDING! We found everyone to be pleasant, happy, and very professional. The staff in the regency club was amazing and knew all of our names by the 2nd day. Going out of their way to get milk for my son, bring extra glasses of wine, cups of ice…whatever we wanted. The staff at the pool/ beach was also top notch. Our drinks would be at our table waiting for us, along with a big bucket of ice to keep everything cold. Nothing seemed forced like at some hotels, the servers seemed happy to be there and truly enjoyed interacting with us!
I didn’t have any experiences with the main front desk staff, so I can’t speak to them, but I was extremely pleased with every service professional I came in contact with!
FOOD: The food at the hotel ranged from better then average to very good depending on what I ordered. With our package we had free continental breakfast in the regency club, as well as cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres in the evening from 5-7. This included fruit, cereal, bagels, cheese, meats, cookies and then little sandwiches etc at night. It was more then enough food for breakfast and a nice for a pre-dinner appetizer/drink. A few mornings we did choose to go downstairs to “O” for breakfast and do the buffet (which is ½ price for regency club members). The food at the pool bar and “the Grill” was great as well, especially the cheeseburger, ceviche, and fajitas! I also must give the hotel credit for having a pretty decent wine list and probably one of the BEST bloody mary’s that I’ve had in a long time. We did take advantage of the double your credit promotion they are running which was a very, very good deal! YES, tips are not included…but we always tip in cash anyway. I always bring like $100 in ones and another $100 in fives just for tipping, so this was no big deal. And when we ran out, we just put more money down. you can call anytime to check your balance as well
It was definitely a savings and made the trip much more affordable.

SPA: We did use the spa for a pedicure and massage, both of which were wonderful. The pedicurist really took her time and didn’t just rush through it like places here in Los Angeles, and massages in Mexico are typically way better then Burke Williams and this was no exception!
GYM: though I personally didn’t workout on my vacation..LOL our friends did, and said it fulfilled their needs, so I’m sure it is more then adequate for a vacation destination.

And last the thing that really made this hotel awesome is....

LOCATION: It was the most perfect location in Cancun for us! The beach was huge and the water calm. My 2 year old could just walk in the Caribbean with out fear of getting knocked over by a big wave. We put him in his floaty and he just hung in the warm ocean with us for hours! The beach is beautiful and the beach beds and palapas make it easy to just enjoy the whole day. Shade if you need it, or sun if you want. The hotel is walking distance to tons of restaurants, malls and markets. We only needed a taxi 2 nights, which was very convenient considering the whole car seat thing.
We did venture out to dinner off property a few nights. We went to Hard Rock, which was good but nothing special. Savios which was excellent….and Lorenzillo’s which is one of my favorites and did not disappoint!
Overall this was simply an amazing trip. We had so much fun, and a few funny moments!
I absolutely loved the Hyatt and I have been to some of the Caribbean’s swankest resorts.
As with any hotel there are always the nit-pickey things that some people choose to focus on, but for us….we will remain focused on the wonderful memories that the Hyatt gave us and the staff members that felt like family by the end of our week

MUCHAS GRACIAS HYATT CANCUN! We will miss you

feel free to contact me at suebeeroyalty@yahoo.com

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank suemas
HyattRegencyCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear guests:

Thank you so much for each and every one of your kind comments about your recent stay. We have shared them with the staff and ExCo, and we are all very happy to learn your experience at our hotel was a pleasant one.

We certainly hope this was the first of many great visits, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 13 February 2012

There is a lack of security at this hotel. My wife and two kids were robbed from inside the room while we were out. The hotel did nothing to resolve the issue and we were treated unfairly. We felt unsafe staying in a foreign country with the lack of security. It is a disgrace for the Hyatt Regency and Resort. We personally ran into a couple of critics who gave the hotel a 1 out of 5 stars. I repeat DO NOT stay at this hotel, it was disrespectful and unsafe!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family