“Best value in Cancun”

Krystal Grand Punta Cancun
Ranked #52 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed here while researching hotels for my wedding and this was by far the best choice in terms of value to stay at and to have a wedding at. It was the second to last hotel on the strip, so the beach was essentially a private one. There are lots of lounge chairs on the beach and beach cabana style beds on the grass patio overlooking the ocean, all are available at no charge. There are 3 heated pools, no hot tub. The Grill restaurant is open for dinner and has great selections, including 4 vegetarian ones. The O is the breakfast restaurant and has a nice buffet for $20 p/p, which is reasonable for a resort. There is also a deli that is open most of the day that has cold drinks, pastries, gelato, mini pizzas, sandwiches, etc. for very reasonable prices.

They have a great deal going on now if you purchase $100, $200 or $250 in resort credit the hotel will double it. It can be used at the restaurants, mini bar and few other places I can't remember. It can't be used to for room settlement, tips, or the shops.

Be aware that the internet charge per day is also per device. We had 2 iPhones and 2 Macs and didn't realize until the second day that we were getting charged for all 4 devices per day.

We were there Easter weekend and they were 100% booked, but the place didn't feel crowded at all.

If you are planning a wedding, I definitely recommend the Hyatt. We saw the Moon Palace, very nice, but $535 rooms; the Casa Manga Marriott, very nice, but $400 rooms; The Sandos, very nice, but $600 rooms; the Omni, kind of a party vibe, all-inclusive, $350 rooms; and the Westin, very nice hotel, but they are not equipped to host weddings, they think they are, but they only offer ceremonies on the beach and they have no indoor back-up location, rooms $400.

The Hyatt has great wedding packages and they will work with you on customizing every aspect of the ceremony, rehearsal and reception. Talk with Daniela Ocampo if you are wanting more wedding info.

Room Tip: It is a circular hotel, so a lot of rooms have ocean views. The ocean view rooms online are just $1...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gaylene21
HyattRegencyCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay. We are certainly happy to learn you enjoyed it and look forward to assisting you in celebrating such an important Day!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Krystal Grand Punta Cancun

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Great location with a wonderful beach. Our room was up high with a view of the beach.Nice room, great bar and pool. Service on beach was great, drinks good. Lots of beach chairs and cabanas and helpful staff. The lounge had great snacks and breakfast.
Only negative aspect was resteraunt. Menu seems very dated and rib eye steak was something you would feed to your pet.
Otherwise highly recomended

Room Tip: get room facing beach, ocean side if possible
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank restleswanderer

Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay.

Your comments have been discussed with our ExCo and particularly with our Director of Food and Beverage and these will be the focus of his immediate concern and attention. That fact notwithstanding, please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

We certainly hope this one experience does not help to diminish your favorable regard of our hotel, as we look forward to welcoming you back and better serving you inthe future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is our 3rd time staying at the Hyatt Cancun and will not go anywhere else! We stay on the regency club level and Jose, and all the regency lounge staff treat us like a king and queen. The food at the hotel restaurant is very good. The view from our room (1116) was magnificent-view of the ocean. Can't wait until we return next year.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
HyattRegencyCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your kind letter regarding your recent stay.

We are always very happy to hear from our repeat guests; we shared your comments with the staff and were commended for their efforts, particularly the one you mentioned in your message.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I made my reservation fron April 4 to April 8. First of all, they charge me the first night $ 225 dollars plus taxes. for a FULL OCEAN VIEW ROOM. The day I arrived, I was the only one in the front desk so I thought it was going to be fast... but no..... A man called Rodrigo was the one he attended me. after almost 20 minutes he gave my room key at the 11 floor. My first surprise was the key did not work ... so I had to return to the front desk that by the hour it was plenty of people... A man took me once again to the room and he used the master key.. I enter my room and..... My FULL OCEAN VIEW was a FULL VIEW OF THE INFRONT HOTEL (fiesta americana grand) .... very angry I return for the third time to the front desk with that man, show my reservation, and he did not apologize.. he only told me that ALL THE ROOMS WERE THE SAME, but if I wanted , he could give me a better room....
I used to go ti Hyatt Cancun Caribe or Hilton Cancun, since they sold them,,, I try this one,
Hotel is good after all, food is just OK, Rooms very clean but small, pool also very small compared with other hotels, but the beach and the location area is just great, everything is walking distance... bars, discos, restaurants etc,,,

Room Tip: book only full ocean view rooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay. We sincerely apologize any inconvenience suffered during your stay.

We have shared your message with our Exco and Heads of departments, and your comments will be the focus of their immediate concern and attention. We certainly hope this does not serve to diminish your favorable regard of our hotel and you will give us another opportunity to serve your better soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt the in the middle of March and fortunetly we missed the spring break crowd. The hotel was very very beautiful, as you come in the doors you are greated w/ the most beautiful view of the ocean you can ever see. The rooms are basic, attractive and clean. The staff is very nice and accomodating. The concierge however always had a "mean" face on all the time, however he was nice enough to give us a complementary checkout of 1 extra hour because our shuttle was not coming until later in the day. The breakfast was great, very good choices-make sure to eat outside, fantastic views!!! The only minus is the dinner menu. It was not horrible by it left much to be desired. We descerned that the food has to be microwaved and served, there is no way it is cooked fresh. My husband had a hamburger one evening and it was nearly raw on the inside. Our last night-trying to eat up our points- I ordered the coconut shrimp and the crab on top of a nacho chip--the crab was so watered down it had to have been frozen and slapped on the chip. My recomendation to Hyatt is to have corporate come down and taste for themselves. They need to hire an executive chef, in my opinion--it would have been great to have some a dish or two that had a local flair to it. Anyway, that is my only complaint. Please do not let that deter you from staying there, we plan on going back and definity will be.

Room Tip: we were in 504 it is in the front of the hotel, nice view of the Gulf but beware the air conditionin...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mrs M
HyattRegencyCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your kind comments and suggestions; we are truly worried for the incidents occurred, especially with your meals/dinner. We assure you everything will be discussed with our ExCo but more particularly with our Director of F&B and Executive Chef and will be the focus of their immediate concern and attention. That fact notwithstanding, please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Hopefully, this will not diminish your favorable regard of our hotel, as we look forward to better serving you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We just went there with my family (parents, sister and kids, in laws). The room was good, clean, comfortable and fairly standard, not many frills, though. The time we were there (spring break), while there was a good quantity of people, there weren't many kids, or big groups of college kids, both of those were in reasonable amounts as make for a good balance.
One of the biggest pluses were Braulio, Daniel, & Neivis, who are in charge of activities, water aerobics, soccer, pool and beach volleyball, sand castle building, who were extremely friendly and kept our family (and specially the kids) doing fun actvities.
The beach is very good since it has a man-made barrier, which makes for much calmer waves and tides. Just a few hundred feet away, the waves were many times so strong that lifeguard had to forbid people from swimming. We were fine at all times.
Be aware that they have a deal (call before to confirm) where if you change your currency at the front desk they'll double your money for consumption in the hotel. This is a good deal, but need must use all your money before you leave, since it is not refundable or transferable. Also if you pay a bit extra when booking in order to get 20% discounts in their restaurants, you'd have to choose between the two deals.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DCyBP
HyattRegencyCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay; we are very happy to learn you and your family had a good time and enjoyed the beach and premises; as to the staff you kindly mentioned, rest assured they were commended for their efforts.

We certainly hope this will be the first of many happy returns to this part of the Mexican Caribbean, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt in March 2012, overall I'd say we were disappointed with the rooms they seemed very basic for a 4-star and the service at reception wasn't great. However the rooms are clean and they had enough space for 3 women sharing a room - though the lighting in the rooms were poor which was rather annoying when getting ready. We were a large group and had several rooms on the second floor, they all had the same layout bar one room where the bathroom was a shower only with the sink inside - all the other rooms had a separate sink area just outside the bathroom - a bit odd but this had a large mirror which was useful when getting ready.

The external areas of the hotel were great, the beach was lovely and the restaurant had excellent food. We also tried the breakfast one morning which was tasty. We didn't use the pool area so can't comment on this but it seemed nice and not extremely busy.

All in all an average hotel I'd say, if I went back to this area of Cancun I would probably chose a different hotel - though I must add we were there for the nightlife and for this it is very convenient and worked well for us and we wanted quieter daytimes. I'd say this part of Cancun is aimed at 18-30 max - I wouldn't personally recommend this vicinty for a romantic beach break.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view, I'm sure the rooms on that side were bigger!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Misha52
HyattRegencyCancun, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Grand Punta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear guests:

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions; we have discussed them with our Maintenance and Rooms Departments for their immediate concern and attention.

That fact notwithstanding, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience; hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.