5,854 results
All reviewsblack holesian ka'ankinky barsunset barcoba buffetsakura sunsetvip barbenazuza restaurantkinky night clubfoam partymakioasis resortssushi bartacopirate shipitalian placerecommend this resort
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We were there on the week of 25th March 2018. The hotel on the outside is nice but the rooms are old. Old and out dated. The water shuts off in the night and no one answered the phone when we call the front desk, next day we told the front desk no one seems to care, it was like a norm. The only person that was helpful was the overnight manager Rashid...he is an wonderful man. Forget about getting a reservation for the restaurants it's pointless. I just think is very poor management and no one seems to really care about the money people are spending to go there. It's adults only but they treat you like kids.
The only nice person there unless you bought the premium package is Over night Manager Rashid and the staff at Benazuza and Black hole restaurants.

Room Tip: For views and restaurants/drinks buy premuim package
1  Thank TalemaK
OasisHotelResorts, Director General at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and we are truly sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. We try to do our best to satisfy all of our guests by providing a wide variety of services. On the other hand, thank you for mentioning the name of the staff that made your stay better.
It is important to highlight that every time you have a setback at the hotel you can contact our customer service staff to notify them so they can correct the situation.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband and I stayed at this resort during the month of March, which is also Spring Break for many schools in America. There were some good and bad parts of this resort. Do the good outweigh the bad? I'll let you be the judge of that.

First off, the resort itself is nice. It looks like it is well maintained, clean and the overall appearance of the grounds look great, modern and up to date. Your bracelet that you wear is your room key, so you don't have to worry about loosing it at the pool or beach. You actually don't even need one to get towels. You can go up to the towel boy and ask for 15 towels. The problem is that then people don't need to return them. So when you look around, every single chair (pool or beach) is taken by people who may not even be needing the chair anymore.

The food is absolutely amazing. We tried every restaurant (the ones that are included in the package) and we loved everything. The drinks are surprisingly strong, not watered down like many other resorts I've been to, but the real issue was the staffing. I said it was during Spring Break that we came, and well that obviously meant that it was a very full house. At each bar, they would have 1 bartender- max 2 in the evening, with about 50 people crowding the bar. One of those same bartenders also had to go around and collect empty cups which they would re-use. Since they were so understaffed, the cleaning of the cups wasn't very hygienic to say the least. There were times when I would finally get my drink, and notice there was lipstick marks from someone else. I would then leave the drink, and have to wait another 20 minutes to get another one.

The process to book the "al a carte restaurants" was a total pain. They had one lady at a computer that would only make your reservations between 10am-1pm. Seems like a long time, but people would start to line up at 9am because if you came after 11am, everything was already taken, and you'd have to spend your dinner eating at the buffet, which had very little selection. You also couldn't make a reservation for that same night. So you would line up for about an hour, and make a reservation for the next day. Each day you had to do this, because you could only reserve one restaurant per day.

The rooms are not what the photos show. Unless you get the VIP area (which you have to pay more for). Ours smelled moldy. We couldn't figure out what it was, it was damp and humid, and the AC actually made it worse. They need to get a better system in there, because since the bathrooms had no exhaust fan, it became even more humid when we would shower.

There is very little entertainment, which isn't a terrible thing depending on the type of person you are. They had one guy doing a couple of games throughout the day, and some backup dancers wearing skimpy outfits. It is after all a party resort. They had cool foam parties, and a pirate cruise on Thursday nights which is free, just make sure you stand in that line and reserve a spot because it'll fill up. I recommend that cruise though. I was skeptical at first because of their Kinky nightclub being a complete fail, but it was a lot of fun, and believe it or not, they had many staff members actually serving you drinks.

Would I go back? Maybe, but not during Spring Break, or I would actually take a bullet and pay a little mroe for the VIP option. They have private bars that only they can go to. It would make it easier to get drinks and possibly not have to stand in lines so much? I have spoken to other people who have gone to this resort, and they said that during off season peaks, they had better service.

Room Tip: Buy the VIP package
4  Thank GizelleM33

Dear Gizelle,

Thank you for sharing a candid review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our restaurants, foam parties and pirate cruise. We love to make our guests happy during their stay. Also, we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in our facilities, we will work on that to bring a better service.

We sincerely look forward to our next opportunity to host you.

Cordially,

Reviewed April 4, 2018

First time visiting Cancun Mexico. Upon arrival we checked in but we couldn’t get a room because we got there really early not realizing the time difference we had to wait 5hours before getting our room. While waiting for the room to be ready I liked the fact that we were still able to walk around the resort and have a couple of drinks at the bar, while we enjoyed the amazing view from the patio.
Once we got to our room we had selected one king bed with ocean view and balcony, must say it was just Breathtaking view was so beautiful. Only problem with the room was musty smell, water in the shower/tub had to let run for about 5mins before bathing because it was coming out brownish I believe this was maybe due to plumbing or the fact that hurricane was hitting around Mexico. A/C worked very well, mini fridge was always filled. Housekeeping did a good job with keeping our room clean, took them long we would leave the room around 9am come back 4ish and still nothing. We didn’t really care as long as it got done.
Some changes would be the food, but the fact that we had access to the other oasis resorts we got to try different restaurant. Pools are great, one topless optional pool 1 bartender at swim up bar, no pool or beach side service. Only problem I couldn’t seem to find where to change my pool towels.
Breakfast Buffet was okay, found a hair in my egg on 5th day. What I found annoying is that we can’t get anything to eat after 11 I had to order pizza and that was horrible. Kinky night club is always open best days are Thursday, Friday and Saturday my opinion.

Disregarding all the negative reviews we took a change and my boyfriend and I had a blast. The staff at the resort super friendly, outgoing and ready to serve you. We had so much fun in Cancun. Overall experience we enjoy our trip and grand Oasis Sens very much. We see ourselves returning in the future.

Must do: Kinky on Board 

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corinthia E

Dear Corinthia,

Please allow us to thank you for your preference and for sharing with us your straightforward observations. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities and service. On the other hand, we are sorry for the inconveniences during your stay, thank you so much for letting us know about that.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future in order to create an amazing holiday and change your previous impression of our service.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

My wife and I spent a week at the Grand Oasis Sens in late March. Like many of you, I spent a lot of time researching and reading reviews both before and after booking. I will note that I think we had a pretty good price on our one week all-inclusive (including airfare). Many of the issues raised in other negative reviews I do think have some truth to them but I think some of them are so minor it shouldn't impact your trip. Like all resorts, there is room for improvement. I've been to 3 other Mayan Riviera resorts (but not Cancun) as well as AI resorts in Jamaica, Cuba and St. Lucia, so I do think I have some experience. For this review I'm going to concentrate first on the main issues that are raised about the resort from other reviewers and what our experiences were with them:

Check-in / Check-out:

We had no issues. Maybe because our check-in from the airport was late in the day (say 8pm or so) the room was ready, no big line up and quite fast. Check out was even faster. They held our luggage so we could enjoy the last full day. My advice to the resort though is instead of giving you a sheet of paper as 'proof' of a day pass, perhaps after cutting the room tag off put on a waterproof day pass wrist band as showing a paper to bartenders is dumb (we ignored the paper and just told those that asked we had already checked out).

Food and Reservation System:

Ahhh yes, the infamous reservation system. It was funny. During our week, as a result of all the complaints they changed the system. It used to be you had to line up early the day before to only book one day in advance for one restaurant. Horrible system. However, I will give the resort credit that they changed this mid-week. Now you go to the restaurant you want when it opens and get reservation then. In theory sounds better but in practice? I don't know. Due to timing of excursions, we never did this at Sakura or Box (we had Box reservations under the old system). My thinking is the new system just moves the lineup to later in the day which is also non-logical as you don't want to rush to get ready for a fancy dinner early just to find out they can only get you in at 9:30pm. Why they can't just let all non-upgrade people say do 3 reservations per week at Box and/or Sakura booked from the concierge at anytime like most places would make the most sense.

However, food at the Box was amazing. We also loved Maci Taco. Moonlight was good too but the pizza was a bit doughy and too much cheese. We had no issues with the lunch places. Was not nearly as slow as expected and food good at the sushi bar, taco restaurant, and hippie girl. The buffet was great for breakfast, a bit less so for dinner. Quality was fine just too similar day to day. Didn't really seem to have noticeable 'theme' nights. Buffet service for drinks, seating was also excellent. The Coffee and Me place is amazing and one of our highlights.

Drink Service / Quality:

Service at all of the bars was overall very good. Sure, some staff were a bit more attentive or friendly than others but we had no bad experiences. They all worked quick and overall lineups moved fast. At peak times they do need more staff, especially at the lobby bar. We learnt the trick to take advantage in the evening of the outdoor bar at the quiet pool as it is not busy there and we loved the ambiance. All of the bars had Bacardi, Bombay Sapphire, etc. and some other 'top shelf' type drinks visible and would serve them upon request. We liked the drinks and they were plenty strong. It would have been nice though to have a 'menu' of specialty cocktails. Most resorts have these and didn't see that here. Finally, fresh bananas for daiquiris should be added.

Room Quality / Maintenance

We had a standard/Grand room with balcony on the 8th floor overlooking the quiet pool. Best view ever as we had amazing view of the quiet pool and lagoon, a view of the neighbouring resort was neat, and we could still see the ocean. The room was very clean, the bed vey comfortable, TV worked fine, no issues. Yes, the toilet flushed a bit slow but it worked (maintenance came once very fast). So I do think the resort may need to upgrade some plumbing. The shower was great, no issues with water pressure, temp, etc. The air conditioning in the room was fine. Bit loud but worked amazingly. No issues with power outages or such. It was cleaned daily very well and mini-bar stocked fine too.

Pool and Beach

We loved the quiet pool. Our favorite place. The foam party was a blast once. But other days we loved the quiet vibe there. The other pools were also very nice. The loungers are very comfortable and while you should but a towel down to reserve you don't need to do it very early. We would usually be up around 8am or so, I would go to Coffee and Me to bring back cappuccinos and on my way drop towels. We'd shortly go down for breakfast and head to our seats right after. Despite the resort being full, as long as you didn't wait too long there was always some spaces available. And once you figure out where shade is throughout the day it is easy to find some. Some more umbrellas are needed though.

The beach was very nice. Seaweed wasn't an issue. It was very windy our week so lots of red flags. However, most days if you go a tiny bit down there were yellow flag areas to swim.

Other general comments/concerns/positives

- Resort just needs a few more public restrooms. The quiet pool doesn't have one so you have to go to the indoor ones by Coffee and Me. The other pools and beach all share the ones near the beach. So they need at a minimum one more set of restrooms near the main pools. Also, most of the restaurants don't have their own restrooms. Pretty weird. Was only a minor inconvenience for us. But something the resort should look into in future renovations.

- The elevators all worked fine. They are a bit small and dated but clean and were fast and were never out of service during all week. Never had to wait long at all.

- Animation team was good. Not the best but was good. Keep in mind the resort does cater to couples and this is the Oasis 'sensual' resort so yes some of the dance contests and such are a bit sexual but all in good fun and nothing over the top.

- Most people we talked to in the resort were having a great time and also had no major issues (outside of the reservation system of course).

- The resort's location is ideal for to/from the airport as most shuttles you'd be the first to be dropped off after your excursion or from airport and likely last to get on when you leave. We never had to do the multiple resort drop off game.

- We enjoyed the shows at the Kinky Night club. Sure, if you are expecting the typical Michael Jackson type show this isn't it. But they were very high energy and fun. Also, the two cirque du soleil type shows in the lobby (the mayan one and another one can't remember name) were phenomenal. Loved them.

- The resort should keep lobby bar opened longer. Wasn't big issue for us as we don't stay up super late. But once the quiet pool bar closes (11pm?) and lobby bar around same time you have to get drinks at the night club and if it is busy it's pretty annoying.

- Despite it being the tail end of spring break and the resort being full all guests seemed very respectful and noise in the resort and in the room was not bad at all. The biggest noise issue is that when you close your room door it is very loud so you hear others closing their doors a lot.

- We never did or were even offered to pay for the upgrade to Sian Ka'an (those rooms may have been full?). I think there is an option to pay just for the service (i.e. exclusive bars/restaurants, lounge areas) and not the room. So we cannot comment. From what I hear the upgrade is a bit pricy so for us not likely good value. But it all depends on how much you value your $ and vacation needs. The VIP areas did look very nice though and the VIP lounge in lobby I was very envious of.

Conclusion:

Overall, we very enjoyed our stay and would recommend the resort to anybody say in the 22 - 50 age range. Those over 50 may find the entertainment a bit too 'blue' plus if you have any mobility issues there are too many stairs and few ramps. With some changes to improve restaurant reservations, more staffing at bars, longer bar hours, and perhaps bit better/variety of buffet food (and more restrooms) the resort would be better. We won't return, not because we disliked it, but because we always just like going to different places and countries but would still recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nordiques11

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to give your opinion on your stay with us; it was a pleasure having you as a guest. We thank you for the kind comments about our facilities and service. Our staff aims to make all our guests feel at home.
It gives us great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our pools, Kinky night and room . Also, our entertainment team works hard to put on activities and shows for our guests so we are delighted that you enjoyed these.
We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Very nice, clean and affordable resort along the Cancun hotel strip. Our main gripe was the extremely high level of difficulty in booking a restaurant other than the buffet. During our four night stay we couldn’t get a single booking at any of the restaurants other than the buffet. If you can afford it go for one of the Sian Ka’an rooms with a private wade pool or jacuzzi with ocean views. It’s worth every cent.

Room Tip: Each room has a coffee machine however the capsules are not always restocked consistently. If you want consistent coffee capsules make sure you mention it to housekeeping.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sam,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us and with all the team. We are happy to know that you had a good time in our facilities. We are sorry for the inconveniences with booking some of our restaurants, we are working on that to bring a better service. We hope to welcome you back in your next visit to Cancún and give us the opportunity to show you our excellent service.

Cordially,