“Better than expected..great experience.”

Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #53 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Better than expected..great experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

Trip was great. Service was wonderful. Food was excellent. Enjoyed visiting sister property, Great Parnassus-worth listening to sales pitch. Spent the day at their adult pool-would not have been upset if they had moved us there..but loved the Golden.

2 Thank EddieTTU58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,107)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

We got back last night - stayed 3/18/11 - 3/25/11 - and we are ready to book again for next year. I actually don't think we could have had any more fun at this resort. Sara at the front desk was very pleasant at check-in, which after the reviews I read made me wonder what would be in store for us. The staff, food, housekeeping, bartenders, entertainment staff all were GREAT! Jose, Fonzi, and beautiful Karen kept the drinks coming, even when we didn't order. This was our third trip to the Golden and many recognized us from before, and all were very welcoming. We are in our late 40's - early 50's - and it was perfect! Low lighting in the rooms? So what! We didn't go there to sit in our rooms. No buffet at night? So what! Eat at any of the other restaurants and order whatever you want. This resort has made many memories for us and we can't wait to make even more!!!!

5 Thank LuvTheSun2011
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

I have never written a trip review before but after visiting this place for Spring Break I felt I had to. Before leaving I kept reading mixed reviews about the hotel but after staying there I can't think why anyone would write a bad review. The staff was friendly from the second we got there until the second we left.
Our room was clean and well kept my only complaint would be the lighting was a little dim. We had a lagoon view room and it had a beautiful view and was always quiet and peaceful.
The event staff definitely was what made out trip the great experience it was. Every one of them took the time to get to know us and by the end of the week we felt like we'd made new friends. If you are looking for a hotel with great night life this would be the place. Every night they would take us to a different club and would get us in without having to wait through the crazy long lines. They also had plays at the hotel and games in the sixties bar before it was time to leave for the clubs.
The Old Barn was definitely our favorite restaurant, the waiters were very friendly and they had some of the best steaks I've ever had. The breakfast buffet was great. Their restaurant the Shangri-la was great but I would only suggest going there if you have a lot of time the service was slow but as always the staff was friendly. Also the portions of food here are somewhat small. No matter what bar or restaurant you go to if you order a drink they will always be made perfectly.
The pool and beach was beautiful, since this is a smaller hotel and adult only it was never over crowded, they had daily sand volleyball and soccer.
The shops had a great selection and great prices.
The hotel has a great photography crew which will do couple pictures or group pictures and everyday i think from 11am-1pm they have a different cute animal which you can get your picture taken with while I was there they has a monkey, baby lion, two parrots, and a snake.
This was definitely one of the best vacations I've ever been on and can't wait to go back.

4 Thank Cpage22
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

First I would like to say it really depends on the week for the ratio of younger/older people. We were at the GP March 5-19th. I would say by the second week it was dominated by the younger set ie 23 from University of Indiana alone....a very cool bunch who seem to enjoy socializing with the older set at times.

Just my opinion and I am older but it is the varied composition in terms of ages and personalities that make it so much fun. A little tolerance and acceptance makes the world a better place.

Overall the cleanliness and food were above par for the rating, the staff, including reception, were friendly and welcoming as were most of the guests. It is an older resort with poor lighting in the rooms but love the size, location, beach and mexicana flavor.

Cannot wait to return next year.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank luckygirl1
Maple Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

Hi,
I am a big fan of this site as it has influenced us where we stay. I don't usually take the time to comment. I think I will change that in the future. We have stayed at this resort 6 times in the last 9 years. It is the resort that we compare all others to. The first thing I want to say is the food at the restaurants is the best I have had at any resort we have been to. The other people I talk to at the resort all say the same thing. In the six times we have been there a total of 10 weeks in all we have never been sick. The housekeeping is second to none. The place might be dated a bit but it is clean. As far as the employees go there is no comparison to the other resorts. It is a small resort with just over 200 rooms and it feels like there is an employee for every room. We have gotten to know the staff as well as their families. If you take the time to talk to them you will see this for yourself. Oscar,Perfecto,Fonz,Carlos, and the rest will become your friends without question and they will take care of all your needs.For the price it is hard to beat.!!!!!

6 Thank onthemoveagain1
MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

If you have read many of these reviews you know that the golden is not perfec,t but what resort is perfect for every traveller? this was the second time we have stayed here and had a fantastic time. It is a smaller resort than some others but that is what we like about it best. By the second or third day you recognize people and staff. This makes for almost a home at the beach like feel. Great food, drinks and one of the best beach areas in Cancun. Previously when we have stayed there was more entertainment on the resort with an evening show every night. Not sure why this changed. Remember your vacation is what you make it and a positive attitude goes a long way towards having fun. I do agree with the other reviewers that the lighting in the rooms is poor. I have found this to be the case at several resorts in Mexico, even some of the higher end ones. People from all over the USA, Canada and Europe come repeatedly to this hotel. We are already looking forward to our next trip. Go, have fun and relax! Maybe we'll see you there.

5 Thank freezinginMt
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

I just returned from my trip to the Golden in Mexico this past Monday... I must say, I wish I was still there! After reading some reviews, I was nervous...BUT, the trip was absolutely amazing! The hotel was beautiful, and the staff couldnt be much friendlier! I loved the pool area,and tryin different drinks..Edith was our favorite waitress in the bar inside..She went out of her way to make sure we stayed satisfied..This was my first trip to Mexico,and thanks to everyone being SOOO nice, I can't wait to go back!

3 Thank Crissy11