This was my husbands and mine first trip to Cancun, we stayed April 9-13th. We meant another couple that it was there first time to Cancun as well, and ended up hanging out the whole trip. The staff was great and they worked so hard to keep you entertained and happy. Tip them well when you get there and they will remember you. Now here's a little thing about everything....
Resturants: The Shangri-La was by far the best! The waiters and the food were excellent!! They started given us Tequila shots as soon as we sat down, and didn't stop, Fun times!! We left laughing! The other resturants were good, the Breeze's which is located by the pool made the best chicken sandwhich. The Barn was ok, was not one of our groups favorite.
Rooms: We stayed on the Lagoon side 6th floor. Our room had a jacuzzi, frig, and a safe. They restocked the frig daily, which was nice for soda and water, the beer was gross. The room was very clean. Big shower and the bathroom I thought had good lighting and did not have any problem getting ready. The A/C worked if you had it on high, it kept it comfortable to sleep.
Bars: The Tiki bar was the most entertaining, day and evening, they always had music going, and the bartenders were quick, you didnt wait long. The Beer Garden bar located in the lobby was good as well. My husband liked the Viagra shot, its a must try, but beware it is spicy. My favorite drink was the Riveria Mya, also called a Bob Marley, you can get it as a shot as well. The drinks seemed watered down a little, just ask for a double shot of alcohol in the drink.
We went over to the VIP lounge the Santrum for breakfast one day at the Great, but were in a hurry to get back. If you go there beware of kids running everywheres. And you will have to wait for long periods of time for the elevator, take the stairs if you dont mind them.
The best tip I can give is about the internet!! This hotel does not offer wiifi. You can pay in USD or Peso's. Go to the far computer and pay with peso's ( it is the only one that says $60 peso minimum.) You must put in the whole $60 peso, it will then allow you to use the internet, logout and it will give you an option to create an account, do that. Then go to any of the other 3 computers and login. The computer can't determine the peso's to the american dollar and it triples your money. When we left I still had over 175 minutes left on the account. This was great with checking email to stay in touch at home.
Traveling out of the resort was fine and safe. If you plan on going to the shopping area be prepared to be hounded. Alot of shops and alot of congestion of people trying to make money.
All in all this was an excellent trip, and will definately go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun