I stayed their with my boyfriend for five days leaving 4/19. We booked this hotel with the understanding that it is not a 5 star resort, ergo we did not expect 5 star food/drink. We had a blast and made a lot friends as everyone there is super friendly!!
Room: Unlike those who get bumped, we got upgraded to the ocean view club. It was a nice room with beautiful view of the ocean! Maids did an excellent job keeping the room clean. with our room we got complementary champagne and fruit, one gourmet dinner in the room, and luncheon booze cruise only on Mondays. We opted out of the dinner and it was unfortunately raining on Monday so we didn't do the cruise either. We did meet people who went on the cruise and they said they had a blast!
Food: There is a breakfast and lunch buffet with standard buffet food. There's an omelet station at breakfast and a fun make to order taco station that also makes other food. For a la carte lunch there is pier 12 that over looks the ocean. The tuna steak is a must!!! For dinner there is only a la carte options. We ate at all the restaurants and our favorite was the Shangri La where men have to wear pants and shoes to get in. The steak medallions were our favorite along with the shrimp appetizer. The beef barn had meager appetizers and small steaks that are served sizzling on skillets. Finally there is Sumo, the Japanese restaurant. It is by far the smallest restaurant on the resort that offered standard Japanese food. Not that I count it as a restaurant, but next to the pool is a place called The Breeze. This place opens late in the morning and stays open until about 5a.m. serving up burgers, dogs, fries, and nachos with cheese. This is our saving grace between 2-5 a.m. after a long night of fun.
Fun: The entrainment staff is a lot of fun and takes the time to get to know each guest by the pool and include them in activities such as: volley ball, beer pong, pool aerobics, and various competitions. The easiest way to make friends is by playing tequila volley ball! Oscar, Lucy, Carlos, Alberto, and the rest of the gang make sure you don't get thirsty and everyone who plays is just having fun!!! At night there were various opportunities for fun. We went to the Michael Jackson show that travels from hotel to hotel. It was a great show and not too long! We also went to the Elvis show put on by the hotel staff that was a riot! They got the audience involved and had us rolling in laughter! Wish we stayed long enough for the Grease show.... Also at night they have options to shuttle you to different bars down town for $35-$45 where you get V.I.P. sections and bottle service all night. Always a good time! Finally, there are two bars the Sixties and the Tiki by the pool. The Sixties was pretty empty each night but had pool tables and card tables. The Tiki bar is always busy until 3 a.m. and can get rowdy pretty fast but is a good time.
Random Bits: We never had a problem getting chairs on the pool and there were plenty open on the beach all day. We made lots of great friends from the U.K., Montreal, Toronto, and all over the U.S. There are several stations in the lobby set up to help you plan trips and excursions that never pressure you or approach you! If you get sick of the food you can hop a bus for $1 and eat at several restaurants down the street including Tai and Indian restaurants. Tip well and you will get awesome drinks and great service!
Finally, order yourself a B.M.F.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun