7,668 results
All reviews paradise buffet sixties bar dolphin bar entertainment staff pier restaurant la restaurant ocean view coconut shrimp sister hotel tequila volleyball club room lagoon side steak breakfast and lunch japanese restaurant have a good time sushi
Reviewed April 17, 2016

I will let you into a secret, this was my fourth visit to the Golden Parnassus and it was as enjoyable as my previous visits. The rooms are pretty basic, club rooms have a heated tub and a refrigerator and the standard rooms don't. If that is important then look elsewhere.
This hotel is probably one of the smallest in Cancun, it is adult only and gets a lot of repeat business. Guests are generally from the U.S. and English speaking Canada. A few Brits and a few French Canadians. People are very friendly, the staff want you to have a good time. You can't help meeting new friends. The hotel is close to amenities should you want to leave the hotel.
Any Moans - Like many return guests I was disappointed to see that Jose was no longer the barman at the Tiki bar in the evening. People want to have a good time, the Tiki bar is one of those places and it won't matter what the management do. The Tiki bar will always be a magnet for guests in the evening.
In conclusion I liked the fact I was recognized by the management as a return guest and I would encourage all returnees to ensure the guest card includes that they have stayed at the hotel more than once. The hotel laid on a meal with a prize draw in which we won a day in a beach cabana, very nice.

Looking forward to Spring Break 2017

Room Tip: The ocean view is in shadow in the evening.
2  Thank southernsoftieLondon
Reviewed April 17, 2016

Over the xmas period me and gf went for 2 weeks all in. and had a great stay, the majority of the staff are brilliant, good food especially the steak house!! Moises and Fermin are reasons for returning on their own! Would definitely return! the ceiling fell through on the last day and could've hurt someone but that didn't affect my stay hah! had to change rooms twice but it still is a great hotel!

Room Tip: Upgrade to jacuzzi room!!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2016

We took this as a get away for the two of us, photos looked amazing! Beach was awesome as was the pool area, although we had red flags the whole week, so water time was minimal. We had many conflicting reports on this property, there is no dive shop on site, just a kiosk you need to walk 15 mins to the dive shop. The food is questionable at best. I am not a princess by any stretch of the imagination nor do I need to be "pampered". However, IF I book (and pay) for a 4+ star, it would be nice to get that. The photos shown are of the "superior rooms" of which there are only a few. The regular rooms face the parking lot (ours overlooked the cooling systems) and we had 2 queen beds... NOT a typical set up for an "adult only" resort. The stand for the tv was missing it's doors, had brackets where something was supposed to be. No wifi without a charge of $15 per day. Don't get me wrong it was nice to "unplug" but it is just one of many things that are "normally" included at most all-inclusive resorts. There are 4 different restaurants and there is no way to describe how "off" they were... The main buffet (tried hard but just didn't get it right... except for the BBQ night), Steak house... The steaks were cooked properly but grilled with nothing for seasonings,the Mexican food missed the mark by a mile... it is Mexico, that should be done right! The seafood/pasta restaurant was very unusual... Shrimp cocktail (cocktel) was shrimp in a watery tomato sauce. Fish (Grouper) was good at restaurants but everything else was just so not right.
That being said... The breakfast "egg/omelet" man was amazing.. Fonzie (Alfonso) at the beer garden bar was an awesome bartender.. Drinks are as strong as you like. Never took in the shows, just not into that so can't rate that.. Pool and beach photos are realistic... Room photos are SO inaccurate for 75% or more of the rooms. AC worked well but was so loud you really couldn't have peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Beach view rooms are supposed to be good. I heard several things did not work. Our end room faced the lagoon (parking lot and cooling pipes)
9  Thank Julie W
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2016

Distinguished Julie W

I appreciate the time you took to share your review about your get away at Golden Parnassus.
It is always very important to know what our guests think regarding their stay.
I am sorry to hear about your experiences with our service and facilities; I want to inform you that I have shared your review with all our team, such as our Executive Chef, maintenance and cleaning. Our main objective is to offer the best quality to our guests in order for them to feel relaxed and happy while vacationing with us.

It is great to read about the amazing staff, Fonzy and the omelette man it is very important for me and my team to make sure we assist you in any way necessary.
I know the our staff in many areas make our guests feel at home.

I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you again in a near future, please do not hesitate in contacting me for any assistance.

Kind regards,

Hector Guerrero

Reviewed April 16, 2016

It's the employees that make the golden parnassus such a great place to stay. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure the guests are tended to. I hope the employees are rewarded accordingly. Best service I've experienced yet in an all inclusive resort.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Lori M
Reviewed April 16, 2016

Excellent location for a quick getaway trip in beautiful resort with all the necessities available. Lovely beach, excellent food, wonderful staff in all levels. A few recommendations of improvements would be;
1. Our room did not have a mini fridge, it is always helpful.
2. Wi-Fi way too expensive, most hotels have free wi-fi in the lobby, however this one charges about $10.00 US per day.
3. General issue in almost all the hotels people reserve beach chairs early. One needs to get up at 6 to get a good spot on the beach.
Overall a beautiful place !!!

Room Tip: high floor option with the ocean view!