We got this week (Dec 24-31 2011) via an Internaval Internationl getaway in October for only $500. What a steal and we throughly enjoyed ourselves. The Islander, Caribbean and Mayan are connected, so we tried a different pool every day. None of the resorts were crowded, very surprising considering the holiday week. No problem getting pool chairs in the shade. The property is well maintained and workers are constantly present cleaning, etc. The restaurants leave a lot to be desired - mediocre food. You are much better off going into the Zona Hotel for restaurants. Thomas More was great - we booked our transfer and the Chichen Itza Express tour through them and they were efficient and money well spent.
Each of the pools and beach have happy hour every day, and it's a very good deal. However, the waiter/waitress service is hit or miss. We had several wonderful waiters, and one extremely horrible waitress. Too bad, as if she'd been even slightly competent, she could have garnered additional a bigger tab from those around the pool.
We were invited to a timeshare presentation, which lasted about 30 minutes. Although our sales representative was fine, the sales manager who came over was pretty much of a jerk. Unfortunately, that has been our expeience with Mexican time share managers at other timeshare resorts, so should not come as a surprise. The timeshare pricing is actually quite attractive and would have warrented some serious thought on our part, but the sales manager's attitude pretty much put sealed the deal against purchasing. All of the people we spoke with around the pool who were owners appeared to be very happy with their purchasing choice, so it must be a pretty good resort to come to every year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Islander(R)is nestled on the beach and offers enchanting views of the Caribbean and the Nichupte Lagoon. Seek a moment of solitude at sunrise and enjoy blissful hours in the warm sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Royal Islander All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun