“Best vacation ever”

GreenLeadersSilver level
seattle
“Best vacation ever”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Beautiful full service resort on the most beautiful beach in the world. Very friendly staff, great services. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: All villas face the sea- there are no bad rooms!
2 Thank MaggieTeddy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
Walton, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Although I still have a week left in my three week stay, I wanted to express my thoughts on this incredible resort.
The people who work here are the friendliest and most accommodating people you will find anywhere. The food is excellent, the drinks are wonderful (and very affordable), the accommodations are very comfortable, the view is breathtaking, the weather is unbelievable, the security is almost undetectable but very good and comfortable. The only reason for the security is so people do not "camp out" and "stake out" their location when they are nowhere to be found for hours, thus keeping others from enjoying the preferred seating and lounging areas in either the sun or shade.
I could go on and on but I would wind up repeating myself. In my opinion the Royal Caribbean is the best maintained, managed, affordable and friendly vacation spot on the Gulf of Mexico or anywhere else in the world.
Tom Sexton

Room Tip: Do not over pack. You will be surprised at what few changes of clothes you will actually need, from...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom S
tucson,AZ
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Our family of 6 has been coming here for 20+ years. Quality always high, service outstanding.Dinner at El Conquistador not to be missed. Watch for policy change in fall, when if not exchanging w/an owner you will be forced into going all inclusive. Not happy about this since there are such great restaurants in Cancun.
Our "home away from home"

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms, all have an ocean view and the wonderful sound of waves
1 Thank zumaqueen
Minneapolis
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I had no complaints until today when I told my kids we could get a "happy hour" drink since we were leaving the next day. The waitress brought our drinks and took our room key to charge you our room. When she walked by later I asked if we could get it back since we had a dinner reservation. She walked by about 10 minutes later so I asked again and she said she'd bring it to us. After another 10 minutes passed I went looking for her, but was unable to find her. By this time we were late so I went to the front desk to request a rom key as the waitress had ours. I explained what happened and suggested I shouldn't be billed for the drinks. The person at the desk agreed and gave me a new key. When we got back to our rom the hone was ringing and I was told that unfortunately we would be charged. As we were rushing because we were late, this news was not appreciated. I was told I would need to come and talk to "The Captain" if I wanted to be credited. We ended up changing our dinner reservation because we were late and after dinner, based on principle, and not because of the money, I went back to the desk and waited for them to find The Captain. I explained what happened he smugly told me that since we drank the drinks we had to pay for them. I got the impression that if we had missed our flight due to not being able to get into our room since the waitress had our key, that we still would have had to pay for our drinks. I am generally very easy-going and it's not easy to ruffle my feathers, but his smugness and inflexibility, given the situation, prompted me to write my first ever review. Unbelievably poor customer service.

5 Thank Sjn26
Camilo_Royal_Resorts, Community Manager at The Royal Caribbean, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to write your review. Your comments are very important and help us serve you better.

I'm sorry to read about your bad experience with the captain you mention. I've passed a copy of your comments to Food & Beverages Management, a talk with the staff will be held to ensure we don't repeat this situation.

Having said this, I'm glad to read that this was the only complaint you had about your stay. I hope you give us the chance to show you how we've improved our services in the future, we'll be happy to welcome you back anytime.

Warm regards from Cancun,

Camilo Olea
Community Manager
Royal Resorts
Gatineau
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We had stayed at the Royal Islander back in 1999 and decided to return this year for a family vacation. We were not disappointed at all! We had a full 2-bedroom villa at the Royal Caribbean which was perfect for our family of 5: master bedroom with king bed and own bathroom, 2nd bedroom with 2 double beds and own bathroom, full kitchen, full living room with 2 Murphy beds, large balcony with full patio set. You would be hard pressed to find something so spacious at any other resort.

Everything on the resort is immaculate and all staff is extremely friendly. You have access to all facilities of the 3 side-by-side resorts (Islander, Caribbean, Mayan) as well as the other 2 resorts in Cancun (Sands, Club International).

We took the bus to Wal-Mart in downtown Cancun to do some groceries, mostly for breakfasts and lunches. It's much cheaper than buying your food at the resort's convenience store.

We tried a few of the resort restaurants for dinner: Paco Taco's and The Palapa (casual Mexican), Tradewinds, and Captain's Cove (fine Seafood and Steak). All restaurants were very good but a bit pricey, especially the drinks and desserts.

We do have 2 minor complaints:
1) The WiFi was terrible - it was slower than dial-up, often not being able to connect at all. That being said, you shouldn't be connected when you're on vacation (c:
2) Lack of nightlife - the outdoor bars and the sports bar were pretty dead at night. In other words, we found that there wasn't much to do on the resorts after dinner. I think this has more to do with the clientele - it consisted mostly of retired people and some young families (no offense to anyone intended (c:)

Aside from the above very minor issues, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Royal Resorts. The service, the facilities, the beach, the activities, the food were all excellent! Definitely worth it!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I started visiting the Royal Resorts in Cancun in 1998 as a guest of my family. As our family grew, we first rented an additional villa but then bought our own time share week at the Royal Caribbean in 2003. We always love visiting there and even though there's the option to trade our place there for a week somplace else on earth we've never even considered it. The stellar care of the building and grounds, the "Welcome Home!" attitude of the staff and the variety of things to do keep us feeling at home here and looking forward to returning year after year.

Room Tip: The kid's pool is right in front of the E building, so great if you have young children, or avoi...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark M
Philadelphia
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This is our 2nd visit to the Royal Caribbean and again, we loved it. The location, the staff, the amenities and the weather were just perfect. Even the restaurant on fajita night was excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends