“True Professional's, A+ Fishing and Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cancun Kianah's Sportfishing

Cancun Kianah's Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Kianah’s Sport Fishing is 100 % run by the owner / operator. No mediators. No travel agencies. No B.S.We specialize during the winter months to target sailfish unless other wise specified (or the length of the charter permitting). The sailfish run is the most amazing run on the planet. We are fully endorsed by Ocean Tackle International and H4L Jigs and the only charter operator to fully provide all necessary gear.Our goal is to provide you with a unique experience at a personal level whether you are an amateur or a seasoned professional.Finest Cancun fishing charter that provides its customers a memorable billfishing adventure on board a 35' tournament rigged Sportfisher The Kianah and The Grand Slam. Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos, Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“True Professional's, A+ Fishing and Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2015

Kianah's Sportfishing is a class act outfit. Fished June 27, 2015. This was my second trip with them and glad to see they had the same crew. Hector , First Mate Enrique and crew know their profession well and accommodate your needs when on the water. Kianah's provides first class service, they picked me up on Isla Mujeres at the dock where my resort was. We ended up catching 2 Trophy sized Sailfish that day!
Alex, your contact for scheduling and booking is awesome. There was a slight mechanical issue with the boat the evening prior to the trip, which Alex emailed me the news and assured that it would be fixed, but just an hour later start, which was no problem. Great communication and customer service.

One note: On the boat if you catch a billfish, you are referred to Gray's Taxidermy and given priced to mount your catch. Be advised, you do not get your actual fish, but are charged for this by Gray's. I'm looking at the "contract" days later now and it states that you will receive a "replica" which is the same size. You can order a replica when you get back for a much lower price, which is what your getting any way. This Taxidermy service is a separate company, but offers services to many charters in the Cancun area.

Just have the crew measure the fish and throw it back. This was my one regret.

I highly recommend Kinah's Sportfishing and will book them in the future.

Visited June 2015
5 Thank Ryan M

Swansboro, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best fishing trip ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2015

Caught my first billfish. The guys were awesome. Would totally recommend. Would book again if we ever make it back to Cancun

Visited May 2015
1 Thank Kimberly A
Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“'Grand Slam' on Grand Slam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2015

We had 6 great days fishing with Grand Slam in feb. 2015.
Every Day we Got 2-5 Sailfish and A lot of Amber Jack -rainbowrunner -Snappers- Grooper and some Bonitos ect.
The Crew filet some of the fish and we had some great meals.
The Crew were wery good and helpful , my old fishing friend 90 year old Got all the help he needed and we will come again next year.
Alex the boss was also helpful , he find me A good flyfishing guide just as A service.
Jørgen G. Denmark

Visited February 2015
2 Thank Jørgen G
Rogers, North Dakota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Man was I mad!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2015

I got my family up at 5:00 AM. We got ready and took a cab to the Temptations Hotel, which is a scary place in and of it's self. We go down to the dock were the Kianah and Grand Slam are sitting. The crew of the Grand Slam looks at us as if we are lost. I told them we are here to fish. They get Alex on there cellphone and hand it to me. He tells me that the boat is broke down and he tried to get a hold of me. We were in our room from 8:30 pm until we left for fishing at 6:00 am. He had my email address. It wouldn't have been very hard to contact me! He then asks me if I want him to start looking for another boat. Kinda late now don't you think! If you are like me and only get to go on a big vacation every few years there is NO WAY I would risk being left at the dock by this guy!!

Visited March 2015
12 Thank David W
elpicudo, Manager at Cancun Kianah's Sportfishing, responded to this review, 3 April 2015
Hi David,
We only spoke for less than a minute on the two occasions over the phone while you were waiting at the marina but you had already decided that you were not going to listen to a word I was going to say.
The very first thing you said was "I will write “the worst review about your business in trip-advisor" and complained about the $15 that you had paid for a taxi.
When I replied “this is not going to be an issue sir, I can refund your money back and I will make your troubles worthwhile with a few options”. Apparently, I was speaking to myself because the mate had responded to me that you had already walked away.

For your information I tried on several failed attempts to contact you the whole afternoon and evening and according to the the receptionist (Teresa) at the Riu Palace you had room #622. Your room number by the way had no answering machine set up therefore,for that simple reason I could not leave you a message.

I do like to talk to my customers every morning on trip day. I was on my way over to the marina. It was around 6:15 to 6:20when my mate called me and told me that you were at the dock. The way I like to do my business is talk to my customers directly when I have a few options setup in such unfortunate circumstance. This has never been an issue with anyone before.

For all our reservations we require some form of live line with our customer which is usually a cell phone(which you did not provide me with) .

This is not my first rodeo in this type of business. I always have plan A, B, and C and that was the reason why I needed to speak with you. The options were simple. If only you listened rather than have a full blown out temper tantrum.

My priority was to let you know that the Kianah had a broken pro shaft. Hey.. we have them in stock! What I didn't have was a coupling device that the machine shop was working overnight on and it was going to be delivered first thing in the morning.

I had the options but you didn't allow me to explain. When the crew member handed you the phone the first time you were just freaking out the minute I said "I apologize sir the boat is not fit to go out immediately we are having some mechanical issues let me make a call give me 5 minutes'. It was 6:20 AM.
You promptly replied I have no time, it’s too late!

You walked away only to return a few seconds later and asked "Alex why didn't you call me last night” and that's when I replied to you again and said I called you last night you were not in your room.
You quickly stated that the Grand Slam was available and that the engines were running. I explained that the Grand Slam was waiting for a customer that had booked the boat for 3 days and that this was his 3rd fishing date and that I would not bump him out of his schedule since he made his booking 2 months ago.

You had made your reservation a few days before and you were actually told that you were fishing on the Kianah.
You simply said it is B5. I will make you pay for it. I'll write the worst review about your business on tripadvisor again!
You were shouting that we made you wake up early in the morning and spent $15 on a taxi. Once again you turn the phone over to the mate and left me talking to myself when I was trying to tell you a boat was on it’s way.

You walked away and Enrique the mate walked beside you and spoke with the taxi driver to arrange a fee and told the driver that you were already given $50.00US.
Enrique gave you a $50.00 bill.
$15 that you previously paid and $15 for your return. You kept the bill and drove away in the cab.

These are the options I had for you that particular day:

1) if you have any available days we can reschedule the trip for tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
( you mentioned that you have plans for the following day!)
2)if there's an inconvenience with your schedule yes I had already booked A bigger boat for you guys at 42 Viking. Since I didn't speak with you the night before I had the boat to be delivered at 6:45 for a departure at 7 AM. That was the departure schedule that you and I had agreed. Yes the boat was going to cost more money but since we had already agreed with a booking price for the service I had arranged it at no additional cost to YOU!!!

When I said allow me five minutes to make a call it was to let the captain know that you had already arrived and you were waiting. The boat was next-door!

3) The third option was to delay the departure time from 7 to 9 AM and give you a discounted rate for waiting.

You were not going to be the first one or the last one that I was going to give an upgrade with no additional charge. It is a common practice all over the world to not interfere with the traveler schedule since everybody traveling is tight for time.

As far as what my crew looks like, these guys work very long hours and are awesome at what they do. I apologize if my crew are not good looking enough for you. I didn't know I was supposed to have the typical white blonde with blue eyes. There are thousands of pictures all over the Internet with my crew and customers from all over the world. I did not trick you into believing otherwise. You clearly saw our website and what my crew looks like since there is a profile of them on the site. And I would put them side-by-side to any other professional crew. They are simply the best at what they do in Cancun.

Also I do suggest any customers to Google search what the Temptation Resort looks like since you decided to trash talk that place as well. This hotel is a private resort. These are public places with advertisement all over the Internet people feel free to google search with (images option)

Boats are fully mechanical machines and having a staff on site all the time is always a good option to have during the high season. Breakdowns sometimes are just like a heart attack you don't really know when they're going to hit you.

Funny, I had to spend an hour writing all this for less than a 45 second interaction with you. Had you just at least listened for at least a full minute you would've been able to find out that the boat was on his way to take you fishing.

I don't think it was too late for me to make that call since we were scheduled for 7 AM you ended up leaving the marina at 6:30.
After all is said and done my business, crew, boats and past customers can speak for themselves. Just read the positive posts on trip advisor………you won’t find a harder working crew ( that actually know their stuff) and 2 boats fully stocked with the highest end equipment….at least not in CANCUN!!!!

Cheers
Alex.
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“"Got my Sailfish!"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2015

Went fishing in mid-February on the 6 hour charter. Hector, Enrique, and Jorge were great guys to fish with and really knew their stuff. We went out on a rather rough day, but they got me into Bonita and Sailfish. I caught my first Sailfish and it was the fight of my life--all I hoped it could be. Had a great time and would highly recommend Kianah's Sportfishing to anyone looking for a great fishing trip in some beautiful water.

Visited February 2015