Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
5,565 results
All reviews marco polo bogavante restaurant sister resort next door time share ocean view lobby bar entertainment staff a lot of fun bottled water pool side a la carte restaurants got sick nachos all inclusive resort all inclusives kids club work hard
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2005

It was a great time except for 2 things First...The people who say the food for dinner was good, must have never eating anything half decent. I only had 2 dinners that were remotley decent. Everything else was gross and bland. The lunches wern't too bad. The second is we were on Spring Break. We spent all of our money on clubs so we didnt expect to have to tip the maid to have a decent room. All they did was was make the beds and bring new towels. Other than that everything was fun.. We were upgraded for free into a ocean view room with a balcony. I probly wouldn't go back because of the food which is sad because it was a lot of fun.

Date of stay: April 2005
8  Thank DrunkonBeach
Reviewed April 7, 2005

My wife and I recently had a 5 day all-inclusive vacation in Cancun Mexico. We stayed in the Royal Solaris Caribe hotel in the Hotel Zone. This hotel is actually two next to each other, and we stayed in the Caribe tower side to avoid the louder and roudy spring breakers.

All features are fine (we did not attend many of the extra included functions) but I am writing this review for two things: the mechanics of the building and the food.

Upon arriving, we noticed a smell of mold in the lobby, and throughout the Solaris building. This was also present in our room on the Caribe Tower side. The problem is AC that can't quite get cold enough to fully dehumidfy the air, thus giving you a room full of cold, moist air. This fosters mold growth, and it was clear that both buildings had this problem. We shut off the air in our room for the duration of the stay.

Secondly the food was so-so. If you have eated at a Olive Garden or a Longhorn steak house, the presentation and quality of these is better than the Royal Solaris. The food wasn't bad, but not pretty at all. Menus weren't accurate (beef tournedos were sliced peices instead). The two nicest restaurants were the Marco Polo and the Veneto. The Veneto is the only place we liked and where everything was proper.

Bottom line: we could stay here again, but only if we could get into something else first.

13  Thank KY-Xenophile
Reviewed April 6, 2005

My family and I have been to the Royal Solaris many previous times. Every trip has been just excellant. Since the very first time we visited the Royal Solaris it has been the only hotel we have gone to in Cancun. The hotel is surronded by shopping and clubs. This hotel is one of the most popular hotels in Cancun and has a very good rate. The beaches are clean and the staff is amazing. The hotel is alwayas giving out prizes for contests at the pool. There are many games to play for kids and adults. You will never be bored at this amazing hotel.
Another thing is that the Royal Solaris is an ALL-INCLUSIVE hotel so you never have to leave the hotel. The food is AMAZING. Every night there is a show with dancing and singing done by the very talented staff and after the show adults and teens (18 of age) are invited to a popular nightclub which includes transportation. It's all great!!
This hotel is a must and if you don't go to the Royal Solaris you really aren't experiencing the amount of fun you can have in Cancun. You will have the time of your life! Royal Solaris #1.

(Many of the people speak english just in case you don't know spanish)!!

8  Thank Climber5464
Reviewed April 4, 2005

for march break, i went to the royal solaris caribe. i must say that it was beautiful. the entertainment staff is absolutely wonderful, and they're so much fun. there's a million activities by the pool, and you're so close to the beach that you can walk down there any time.

if you want to get a seat by the pool, wake up around 6:30am, put a green towel on the chair and poof! you got a spot. go back to bed, or have breakfast.

the staff is really good. me and my mom had a cockroach in my room and were afraid so we called down to the front desk and someone came and killed it. it was hilarious.

for the person that said that there isn't a lot of space to put clothes...open up the closet. there are about 5 shelves and a lot of closet space to actually hang up sweatshirts, etc. yes, there are 3 drawers underneath the entertainment centre, but suck it up.

also, there are 6 restaurants and there's two of them open for breakfast, 3 ipen for lunch and 3 for supper. there's also a lot of restaurants down the strip of cancun where you can eat and it's wonderful. the food could be much better, though.

overall, it was an amazing trip. i had so much fun.
feel free to email me: karlee_buck@hotmail.com

3  Thank karmania
Reviewed April 4, 2005

My wife and two boys (aged 16 and 9) spent Easter week at the Royal Solaris. This was my second trip to Cancun in 6 months, the other being our honeymoon at the Melia Turquesa (also a good hotel).

We stayed at the Solaris because we wanted to try another all-inclusive.

We were not disappointed. My 16 year old hung out by the more happening pool-bar area of the hotel, while my wife and younger son were at the quieter pool area. I was quite surprised and happy that it was not the crazy "spring break-like" atmosphere that I expected. I couldn't believe that my son and I spent many hours in one of the jacuzzis with no other guests.

I found the food to be enjoyable with enough variety to please even picky eaters. The rooms were nice and the air conditioner worked great. We stayed in the older section of the hotel.

Don't be swayed by any negative reviews. EVERY hotel has it's bad moments. The Solaris is a fine place to stay. Enjoy!

7  Thank Experience12291