1,249 results
All reviews room was clean short stay basic amenities ado bus stop business traveler mall across the street buffet breakfast shower head lobby area supermarket taxi pesos airport superama wallmart yucatan lagoon
Reviewed January 28, 2017

Well, I like IBIS hotels and saw a coupon online for this one in Mexico. I really liked it for the view, even if it wasn't the beach. Cheap taxis if you walk to the road and wave one down. Don't use hotel taxis and pay more. Nice bed, table and shower.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2017

Dear preacherwoman2015:

Thank you very much for your review. Ibis hotels are standardized hotels worldwide, we have more than 2000 ibis hotels located in 65 countries. In Mexico, you can find us in 16 destinations, all with great rates and locations.

Have a great day and thank you very much for taking the time and share your experience with us.

Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a night and they assigned us a room in 9th floor and for an unknown reason the room door wouldn't open. Even a front desk clerk tried to help us but didn't open and at the end we changed rooms. Stayed twice here before.
Bfast will be fine if you are not picky with food. Personally I liked it. In general it's a good option
because the rooms are clean with a comfy bed and nice location (the mall is across the street)

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra D
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Dear Sandra:

Thank you very much for your comments. We'll verify the situation with the door, I'm sorry you had that experience.

Ibis hotels, are standardized hotels worldwide, we are 1900 Ibis hotels in 65 countries, all with great locations and very good rates.

I hope you continue to give us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Cancun.

Best regards

Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on 2 occasions when in Cancun, it's located downtown not on hotel zone. Found taxi's to be really expensive plus Supershuttle taxi transfers from the airport cost over £40 return, would research your options before arriving.
There's a supermarket right next door to the hotel and an ADO bus ticket office where you can get a bus to the bus station or less frequent service to hotel zone or Playa del Carmen.
Hotel has free wifi, good speed and connection.
I did feel the cleanliness of the rooms could have been improved on as there was stains on the wooden floor and the bed base also had stains. Aircon unit during my second stay didn't work properly. Breakfast was included in my rate although not a huge selection and some foods in the hot trays were difficult to identify what they were plus had to go to reception each morning for a voucher pass to access the breakfast room.
Staff were helpful and was able to leave my luggage whilst away on another trip.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank daren777

Dear Daren777:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry we didn't met your expectations regarding the room, I will verify with our housekeeping department your report.

Ibis hotels are standardized hotels worldwide, we have more than 1900 hotels in 65 countries, all with great locations and great rates too.

I hope you give us the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Cancun.

Best regards

Reviewed January 9, 2017

I had booked on line with a breakfast included rate. The front desk told me that their system did not have bfast included. So I paid a bit extra for their mediocre bfast.
It was a typical small IBIS room. Clean. Only 1 small,thin towel is provided. No hand towel. No bath mat. No extra towel is allowed.
Location- across from a mall and also a hospital. Walk a bit further past the hospital to the Malecon and there are some restaurants. I forget the names but the one on the corner should be avoided ( we sat down and after 5 minutes left as no one approached us). We walked about 25 meters further and there was a nice Mexican place (starts with a P) with authentic food and good prices.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wallyaussi
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Dear wallyaussi:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry we didn't met your expectations. Ibis are standardized worldwide hotels, all with great locations and great rates.
At our webpage we have the breakfast included, it's only an Ibis web promotion, you wont find it somewhere else, and we offer 3 different rates.
1- regular non restricted rate (without breakfast)
2- regular restricted rate (breakfast included and prepaid condition)
3-discount rate (without breakfast and prepaid)
It's very important to choose the correct rate, because the first rate showed is the regular not restricted rate. I'm very sorry for this misunderstanding and I apologize for that.
I hope you give us the opportunity to host you again and change your perception form us.
Have a great day and I'm at your disposal for any further question.
General manager

Reviewed January 8, 2017

This hotel has the perfect location in downtown Cancun. Clean, Cheap ( I paid $40 us per night). Quiet. Very close to the entrance to the hotel zone. Breakfast included. It has parking. A mall just down the road. I think it is the cheapest hotel in the city of Cancun (not the hotel zone) that is worth it. Cheap means dirty or not in a nice area or run down. Great for a night or two. NOTE: Max. number of people in any room is 3.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Denis M
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2017

Dear Denis M:

Thank you very much for your review. Ibis hotels, are standardized hotels worldwide, we are almost 2000 Ibis hotels in 65 countries, all Ibis have always strategical locations and very good and attractive rates. You could check our webpage so you can see all the Ibis hotels.
I really appreciate your comment and I hope you give us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Cancun.

Warm regards