My wife, my son and I spent 4 nights here, during our recent trip to Cancun. We chose the Club 91 option, which we think was well worth the extra cost. First of all, it included free airport transfers by private van. We were contacted by Club 91 staff prior to our arrival date and were asked to provide our flight arrival time. A hotel rep was waiting for us when we exited the airport and a van arrived a few minutes later. We had been told that we might have to share the van with other Marriott guests, but in our case we had the van to ourselves.
On arrival at the hotel, we were given cool towels and escorted to the Club Room on the 14th floor. Check-in there was handled smoothly by the staff, who also provide concierge services.
Club 91 also includes 6 meal/drink services a day: buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, discovery hour, and evening open bar, and desert buffet. Discovery hour coincides with the open bar period and consists of small plate food selections from the hotel's restaurants. A different restaurant is featured each night, to introduce you to their offerings. Thus, it is possible to have all of one's meals in the Club Room, if you so choose. We always had breakfast and some evening cocktails, but we were often out and about during lunch and dinner.
Our room was wonderful. We had a suite with a large living/dining room, a large bedroom and one and one-half baths. We had an end unit with a large balcony off the living room (with a table and 4 chairs) and a smaller balcony off the bedroom. The views were magnificent. There was a sofa bed in the living room, but we chose to have a rollaway bed for my son and he was very happy with that option.
We arrived on April 21, after the spring break crowds had left. Thus, there were always plenty of palapas and lounge chairs available by the pool or on the beach. Also, there was no need for reservations at any of the hotel's restaurants. Although it did seem that those with reservations were given nicer tables than those without reservations.
All of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, including front desk, business center, pool staff, etc. As I said before, the Club 91 staff were especially helpful.
We had lunch twice at the Beachwalk restaurant and a wonderful dinner at Gustino's. I will provide detailed reviews in the Cancun Restaurants section of TripAdvisor.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the JW Marriott and would recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, an oceanfront haven of unparalleled sophistication, impeccable service and warm Mexican hospitality designed for today’s most discerning travelers. Sumptuous comfort, chic residential styling and glorious waterfront views distinguish every room. Abundant taste marks every dining experience, from casual to elegant, and indulgent charm distinguishes each and every day. Relax on a spectacular beach kissed by the sun and caressed by the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Stroll through traditional markets ablaze with color or listen to the lullaby of the ocean surf from your private balcony overlooking the sea. With its powdery sand beaches and ancient Mayan mysteries, Cancun will dazzle your senses ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Jw Marriott Cancun Resort
- Cancun Marriott