“Beautiful hotel and can use facilities of 2 resorts”

CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort
Ranked #16 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Newport, Rhode Island
“Beautiful hotel and can use facilities of 2 resorts”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed here during our family vacation before the Christmas holiday week. Beautiful resort and beach is amazing! We had breakfast and dinner at the resort, both were nice! Breakfast had many local fresh fruit, juices and mexican delicacies, enjoyed a lot! There is a convenience store right across the main street, we bought small snacks and water from there.
Best part was, that the next door JW Marriot resort facilities could be used when you stay at this resort. We stayed for a week, so we wandered off to the The Infinity pool at JW and it was so cool! We used to take the bus and cabs to go to the main area of Cancun and also took the ferry to Isla Mujares. The cabs come and wait right infront of resort entrance, convenient.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank roasted_coffee_beans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Hebrew first
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This was my second time at the Marriott CasaMagna Resort and it was just as good as the first time. The rooms are clean and the service is excellent. The hotel grounds are very clean and there is always someone around willing to help if you have questions. One of the best things about this hotel is the beach. Amazing beach that is kept clear of seaweed. The beaches at the other hotels look so dirty compared to CasaMagna.

Room Tip: To save money on drinks and snacks go across the street to the 7-11. It is much cheaper. The Gus...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Milpitas, California
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The room are fine, however there is not much life within the hotel. If you are party goes, don't stay here. If you want quite getaway, it is good place to be.

Room Tip: $50/night internet...too costly.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yogi035
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I won't add more pictures since the ones on TA do this hotel justice. I did the marriott rewards plan where breakfast and airport transportation were included. I recommend this. This hotel has one of the best breakfast spreads I have seen and I have been around the block. Across the street is McDonalds, Papa Johns, 7 Eleven, and Fred's seafood. Most places (not 7 Eleven) take credit cards, but use the ones that don't have a foreign transaction fee. TAKE THE BUS along the cancun strip. If you are with more than one person, then taking the bus and walking at night is not a problem. Single people just should travel more during the day. Catholic Mass at the Ritz Carlton down the road (~ 4 hotels) on Saturday. For an actual Catholic church, it is a ways away, but doable. Casa Manga do have religious services, just not Catholic. I upgraded to a room overseeing the water from a garden room view or 29 USD each night. It was worth it for the views at night and especially in the morning.
Fred's seafood has a horrible name, but it is fancy. Very quality food if you are nervous about getting sick. Don't get bottled water in hotel unless you don't mind paying for it. 7 Eleven does not take credit cards, but have the best prices if you have pesos. Casa Manga will exchange money for you if you have your passport in your hand (the law) and they have an atm next to the front desk. The check in / out line, which is the same, is insanely slow. I think I read this in the reviews. Expect this and don't get upset. Everyone speaks English. No worries. Hot tub huge and pool is nice. Kiddie pool. The beach/Caribbean is beautiful, but has a very strong current. You can go out 100 feet, but I would not go any further. It is good enough, but don't expect calm water. It was warm when we were there, though. Don't go in the lagoon across the road due to the alligators.

We went to Chichen Itza while we were there through the tour group of the hotel. 105 USD for a very light breakfast and decent lunch. Careful with ice, though. It is Mexico. The Mayan ruins are simply beautiful and I do not regret going. Fair price for a wonder of the world. The tour people are great. We went with the package where we could go to the Cenote for ~ 40 minutes and jumped in twice. Very cool and the water temp was pretty good. Highly recommend the tour. Don't go to Chichen Itza for more than one day though (there is a hotel, right there). The bus trip was very nice. The tour people will tell you all about the ruins and will say things like Mayans created grass (sort of joking). Be good humored and just chuckle to yourself. At the ruin, people will sell things and say $1. It is really not $1. They will later say that it is $1 off of their price. A scam.

Cool stuff, but get your crafts at Mercado 28 on the bus from the hotel or all along the hotel zone. Bus 1 or 2 will get you to the main places. ~ 12-14 pesos / USD. The bus price is 8.50 pesos (less than $1).

In Cancun for 4 nights. Perfect. Longer, not much more to see. Next time, 2 nights in cancun and either playa del carmen or Cozumel.

Questions, email me.

Room Tip: Get a garden room and then upgrade to a ocean view/front room at the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank jgallag
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I just returned from this hotel and I have no complaints!

The check-in process is a tad unorganized, as well as luggage handling. But, overall nothing to whine about. After all, you’re on vacation! My suggestion is that you have what you need in your carryon luggage because; you may need to wait on your room.

Room and property:
I typically stay at newer hotels and those styled more contemporarily, so I’ll admit that I was quite skeptical. But once, I arrived at the property my doubts were put to rest. IMO the perception of older hotels are that they are not well kept. However, the entire property and my rooms were completely spotless and I am pretty attentive to the cleanliness of hotels. If you like separate showers, you will not find them here. The bathrooms have shower curtains which really dates this hotel, a bathroom renovation should definitely be in management’s future plans. The oceanfront room I had was awesome! The view was well worth it!
The traveler photos are spot-on for this property.

Food:
Based on other reviews, I tried the breakfast which was not included in my package. And unlike some of the other reviewers, although good…it was not impressive. Typical breakfast. Other than breakfast I ate outside of the hotel.

Drinks, pool, and beach service:
During my stay, there was ample amount of chairs at the pool and on the beach. No need to get up before a certain time, to lay claim to a seat. Water was great, both ocean and pool. Waves were plentiful, and there is a lifeguard on duty. There was also great service at the pool and beach. There is a swim up bar, poolside bar, and one on the beach. =-)

Safety:
I felt totally secure on this property! There are cameras through-out the hotel, and outside of the hotel. I walked back from a nearby restaurant at night and had no issues. Early morning people are out jogging the streets and overall it felt like a very laidback environment.

I think that this place is great for a mature crowd. If you are seeking out a party hotel..IMO this is not the one!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are nice!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank KristenWT
los angeles, california
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Casamagna had some of the bestservice i've ever had in Cancun. The breakfast was delicious and the Argentinian restaurant was also very good with superb service. We did not enjoy the Champions restaurant as much. The hotel itself is very nice and super clean. The pool area is alsonice, not as nice as some of the other hotels-like the JW next door. I did not like the beach area too much because of the sand 'wall' that you have to climb down. I would definitely stayhere again, just for the service and cleanliness of the place. As for the beach, youcan always walk down the beach to where the 'wall' ends. This hotel was full of families when we were there, lots of young children, and the hall could get a little noisy. It did not bother us but it's something to keep in mind.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 1guendy
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We were here for only two nights as it was only a weekend getaway but we left sad because it was too short! This hotel really made our stay very nice and relaxing. We met our inlaws there. We booked the hotel for a regular room and at the hotel for $29.00 more they upgraded us to an ocean front room! This was amazing. We were right in front of the beach. The bed was soft and the sheets were clean. This was by far a lot better than I expected. The service at the hotel was amazin and so is the pool and the bar at the pool! We will be back to stay here that is for sure. The down side is that you have to drive about 20 minutes to get to downtown. And if there is traffic, well, you're going to be sitting there for a while. Other than that, it was amazing!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family