4,517 results
All reviews casa magna champions sports bar breakfast buffet caribbean suite ocean view hotel zone la isla sedona grill cancun resort swim up bar oceanfront room hotel is beautiful japanese restaurant large pool all inclusive package concierge desk plenty of chairs
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is superb in every way. But it is not for kids that are used to other kid friendly hotels. I would come back again without kids.
There is a ping pong table, but it is placedcin the blasting sun with lots of wind. No other activities for kids.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cecilie B
MarriottCancun, Manager at Marriott Cancun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Dear Cecilie B,

Thank you for staying at Marriott CasaMagna!

I’m glad that you had a great stay with us.

Offering a brilliant resort experience to all families and guests is our priority, I invite you to visit our Kids’ Club, we have many activities for children of all ages.

I hope you can visit us again so we can make your next stay a flawless experience!

Reviewed March 1, 2017

The hotel is nice, clean, and friendly staffs. February month in Cancun is a perfect weather for it. Weather is nice. The ocean and the beach are clean. The pool water is nice and warm to swim if you don't like to swim in the ocean like my daughter. Food was good. We had ocean front corner room with cover balcony suite. It had more space for our daughter and son with the disability to move around. We had partial inclusive package- Free breakfast 2 adults and 2 kids,12 and under. Free Lunch /w an alcohol. Last was 20% of the hotel restaurants. We all had a breakfast buffet. It was excellent. There are a lot to choices. The staffs was excellent. Tip! we buy our own lunch at Deli store (750) they have pizza, sandwiches, salads at the balcony in our room. We used our free lunch for dinner since the lunch place open until 6:00 PM. We usually ate around 4 or 5 PM by the Pool. There are a lot of beach chair for everyone at the beach. By the pool, you need to come early to claim your pool chair with the cover. The only thing, stay away from timeshare sale. If you have an hour to spare, you will get free lunch. If they offer you $1000, nothing good to be true. Another tip, since it hots there, drink a lot of bottled water.

Room Tip: We are Marriott reward member, corner room, Suite for family and space.

Dear tekathronv,

Thank you for staying at Marriott CasaMagna, I’m glad that you and your family had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at our resort!

Offering a brilliant resort experience to our guests is our passion, it is great to know that our level of service was able to exceed your expectations.

750° Pizzeria & Deli is a great option, which was your favorite pizza flavor?

I recommend you to visit our Spa on your next stay, you would love its Blend massage – very realxing!

We hope you can visit us again soon, it would be a pleasure to host you again!

Reviewed March 1, 2017

We had a fantastic time here once again. The pools, food, and staff were wonderful. We will always return here. We had two problems with our travel, I left a bag on the plane when I arrived and the Casa Magna staff was incredible and helped me to retreive it successfully! I also had am incident at the Mikado restaurant where I accidentally spilled hot tea on myself- the staff at the Mikado and Casa Magna were incredibly responsive and called the medic immediately who fixed me up.
We love this place:)

Dear vinylfoote,

Thank you for staying at Marriott CasaMagna!

I’m glad that you had an outstanding stay at our resort, we always look forward to hosting our guests with excellent service – we are happy to resolve any issue that may present during your stay.

If you enjoyed Mikado, I invite you to visit Sasi Thai, you would love its beautiful atmosphere and delicious Thai specialties.

We hope you can visit us again very soon, it would be a pleasure to host you!

Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

We had lots of fun at the hotel . The view from our room was spectacular and the staff was super accommodating . We love going to the beach it was only steps from our room and the waiters and adventure team did a fantastic job !

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Kelly S,

Thank you for staying at Marriott CasaMagna!

I’m glad that you had lovely stay at our resort and a great business trip!

Offering a brilliant resort experience and an excellent service are our priorities, we will congratulate our waiting staff for their fantastic job.

Did you get the chance to visit JW Marriott? Sedona Grill has excellent southwestern specialties and a great Mexican dinner buffet every Tuesdays and Fridays.

I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2017

We recently stayed here with two our teenage children. We had booked it thru Costco. We were debating between this hotel and the JW Marriott, which was a bit more pricey and settled on this hotel. It was a good choice. The hotel is very very clean. The lobby is beautiful. Our room was spotless- and in fact, one day I think housekeeping had OCD as all of our toiletries were arranged in neat little rows according to size on our bathroom vanity! We were in room 2008- a resort view room- but we could see the ocean from our balcony. The door to our room opened to an outdoor hallway that overlooked the pool area and some outdoor courtyards/gardens/ponds. It was very nice. The hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming. Our room was updated- very modern bathroom. Our beds were full-sized beds which are a bit smaller than what we are used to. The beach is beautiful, very clean with lifeguard on staff. We only swam in the ocean one day, as the other days the waters were a bit rough for us, but we did lay out on the beach several times- there are many many lounge chairs on the beach with many available at all times. If you want a cabana on the beach they are available to rent. it was nice and quiet down at the beach. there are also volleyball and soccer nets there. there were plentiful showers near the beach to rinse off the sand as well as a bar area. The pool area is also very nice, with a large shaded area as well as areas in the sun. However, the lounge chair situation is not as nice at the pool. The one thing that was annoying was people saving the lounge chairs in the shaded pool area- putting belongings on them and then leaving for hours on end- one family went and watched a college basketball game while saving their chairs, one couple yelled at my husband because they had saved 4 chairs for the two of them- two in the shade, two in the sun- and they were mad when he attempted to sit in one of their 4 chairs. I think someone should be watching and if people don;t use the chair for 30 minutes their belongings should be removed and the chair offered to someone else. we did not have this issue on the beach. The other issue is the food. the food at the hotel is very pricey- for example- hot breakfast buffet was 420 pesos- 21.00/person and the cold buffet ( cereal, pastries, fruit, oatmeal) was 280 pesos- 14.00/person. While items on the menu sound delicious, the food was not tasty. the juices at breakfast while freshly made were flavorless- weakly flavored water. the plantains under cooked. we had lunch at the pool area when we arrived - with many interesting menu selections- but the food was not good. I ordered flautas- and they were overcooked and dry. My husband and kids ate dinner that night at the sports bar restaurant. It took 2.5 hours - i believe they waited 2 hours to be served. bad experience. A couple days later the head of the food and beverage for the hotel sought out my husband to apologize and said he wanted to 'do something for us" but never did. there are really no lunch or breakfast restaurants near the hotel - perhaps by design- so you are forced to eat there or you could go to the 7-11 across the street and buy quaker oat bars or something. there is one small outdoor restaurant across the street- taco dilo- which serves 7 varieties of scrambled eggs- which were not bad, but otherwise has more lunch type food- tacos, etc. The tacos were good there though and one morning we had breakfast for 4 for 18.00 total! Otherwise the other restaurants immediately near the hotel are more dinner type places and more upscale- there are no other casual places to have a quick breakfast or light lunch. the other thing we noticed about the hotel is that the drinks- coca cola for example- were different prices at the beach bar, vs. the pool bar vs the gift shop/pizzeria. A can of coke was double at the pool compared to the gift shop. also, check your bill carefully- we had two minibar charges on two separate days when we did not take anything from the mini-bar, and the supposed item that you took from the minibar is not specified on the bill. THe front desk did remove these charges though without argument. all in all this hotel is a nice place to stay.

3  Thank Curlytop39

Dear Curlytop39,

Thank you for staying at Marriott CasaMagna!

I’m glad that you had a very pleasant stay with us.

Providing the highest quality standards and an excellent service are our priorities, we have recently renewed our rooms and facilities in order to give a more modern experience.

I’m sorry to hear about this inconveniences that took place at our restaurants, we would like to apologize for this issues – your feedback is extremely important to us.

We hope you can visit us again soon so we can make your next stay flawless!