As a timeshare owner at the Royal Mayan, another of the Royal Resorts, we traded a week to spend at the newly refurbed Royal Cancun (formerly VCI). The Royal Cancun is squeaky clean from top to bottom as it was refurbished a couple of years ago when the original timeshare leaseholding expired. The service is excellent and very friendly and at the top of the charts as attested by owners and guests who return year after year. I understand that about 30% of the resort has been sold to folks, and the rest of the guests have reserved vacation weeks. Despite the fact (or not) that timeshare sales people are on property to secure sales, there is no push to make you sign on the dotted line. If you want to just relax, have some margaritas, cervezas, and enjoy the excellent beach, no one will bother you. Just a note, as we are owners of two weeks at Royal Mayan, and Royal Haciendas we told our "concierge" that we had no intentions of purchasing another week, He accepted that easily and didn't bother us one moment for the whole week.
Service as mentioned above is outstanding with everyone going the extra mile to make your guest experience memorable. Two for one happy hour starts about 3 pm...even a few minutes earlier. The food is what you get in the hotel zone, nothing too spectacular, steady average continental, american and mexican cuisine. Dinner specials change nightly.
The villa suites are mostly two bedroom/one bath. Flat screen tvs', small balcony, fully equipped kitchen with plates/dishes/glasses for 8 persons. Although 8 persons would be a squeeze at the Royal Cancun. Daily maid service, and know that your villa will be sparkling clean every day.
The only negative I have about the Royal Resorts is that now that have given just about all their employees "american" names. Lloyd, Jason, Denise, James, etc, you get the picture. I find this a little off putting and disrespectful of the Mexican culture by doing this. Let's face it, we can certainly read their name tags, or make an effort to do so, to talk with Miguel, Carlos,
Gloria, and Lorena. After all, we're in their country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Cancun(R) All-Suites Resort has breathtaking views, friendly staff and a beautiful beach surrounded by palm trees make this a perfect place for a getaway with the family. The Royal Cancun(R) is located on a privileged beach surrounded by beauty, turquoise colors and a relaxing atmosphere. Mellow down with the sound of palm trees moving with the ocean breeze and have a taste of the Old Mexico and our revered family traditions. Enjoy our fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the All-Inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Cancun Hotel Cancun
- International Hotel Cancun
- Club International Cancun
- International Resort Cancun
- International Club Cancun