11,221 results
All reviews market grill royal service mole blue agave family concierge bali beds avenue bar naos restaurant yhi spa kids zone main pyramid dinner reservations personal butler ocean view sushi butler service tacos
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Have been in this hotel for 2 nights now and am very disappointed. Im here with my wife and 2 children and have booked the family concierge package with a luxury junior suite with a lagoon view !!! The room is in building 1 which is some sort of time share complex with a view that overlooks the car park: The children are sleeping on a fold out sofa which is very uncomfortable; some luxury suite !have asked to move and been told it will take a few days:
Prior to booking holiday we were told we could get priority when booking restaurants because of family concierge package but have been told today that not the case and tonight only booking we could get was in the buffet for 9 oclock. When i said that is late for children to eat i was told i should have booked earlier this was at 11:30 am ? Hoping this holiday improves !

9  Thank GARNER_12
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Gran Mila now the Paadisus the second week of Dec. Checking in was a problem as they could not figure out where to send me to check in. Turns out I was a Timeshare Owner and I had to go the Club to register. Not impressed, but once there they took good care of us. We were offered an all inclusive option which we decided to try for three days. At $89 a day per person we were not sure that it would a good deal for us. However I think it worked out well because we did not have to worry about the any costs because they were prepaid. This option allowed us to order a drink when we wanted and to go to the restaurants that we wanted. We went to the Tempo restaurant twice and really had a excellent meal with excellent service. The only problem was some items on the menu were an extra 220 pesos per person. What bothers me is that most of the help desk people did not know this option. I understand the restaurant is completely changing their menu and they now will be charging $40 extra per person even if you are all inclusive. However, like i say nobody but the restaurant manager knows what is going on. The one complaint have I with this resort is that restaurants are half full but when you phone for a reservation they are full and not taking any. Not good for business if you ask me. On the last night we had to dine outside the resort. And the other complaint that I have is the buffet is your only option for breakfast and lunch, except for the pool BBQ. Our room had a partial view of the ocean if you peaked over the wall, not bad. as it could have been the parking lot or another the face of another building. Our room was very dated and would be like a $60 a night motel room in the USA. Room Service was excellent. The beach area was amazing and what you would expect in Cancun, beautiful blue of the Caribbean Sea. The bar service was a nice touch, so you sit and relax and they would bring your drinks or food to you. The resort had little or no entertainment. One night they a Michael Jackson dance group on for 5 minutes. Other times they hired people to play in the lounge when the lounge was not open. Great drinks in the lounge when it opened at 5:00 with a great view of the ocean. Lots of construction going on and they are planning on opening two or three new restaurants before the end of the year. If I went back to Cancun I would choose a different resort.

Room Tip: Try to find someone that knows what is going on because most do not, but it could be because of the change in owner ship. Only option for breakfast and lunch is the buffet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank goldenboy1947
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and two kids arrived the evening of Dec 28th 2012 and embarked on a brutally painful path that has left me shaken, and writing this review at 3:45 am. A few minutes ago -- well after midnight -- I was woken by employees ignoring the "do not disturb" sign on our room, using the master key, and barging in. My wife awoke with a small panic and a scream and the Paradisus employees scuttled out, disappearing before I could engage them.
ARRIVAL: We arrived earlier this evening and were greeted by friendly staff who - over the course of a nearly 90-minute check-in process (checking how angry we would get?) - informed us the ocean view room with two queen beds we had reserved months ago was not available. We were instead brought to a tired-looking timeshare unit with a king bed in "building 1" overlooking the parking lot and traffic. We were then brought to a two-room combo in "building 2" with a view of "building 1". We were provided with little introduction to services available and no materials to review. Our new keys were never delivered. The door between the rooms remained locked despite requests to open it. Later, an employee attempted to open the adjoining door with a butter knife with no luck.
THE ROOMS: OK but not great. The walls are barren - appears as if they're unfinished. Our room's refrigerator door is broken (difficult to shut) which before our arrival resulted in a large puddle streaming out of the fridge on to the floor. The sink doesn't drain. The kids' room has a digital clock, but ours doesn't. The kids' room shower is broken. Overall, I get the feeling these rooms were not meant to be inhabited tonight.
DINNER: We sought reservations for any restaurant besides the buffet at the NAOS cafe - however none were available upon check-in. Later that evening we pleaded the hostess for a table at the MARKET GRILL and received a table in the largely empty restaurant. The food was moderate and the servers were very nice.
OVERALL: We are unhappy and concerned that this is the beginning of a really bad stay at the Cancun Paradisus. Neither my wife nor I can sleep. I just read the post regarding a family getting robbed and I am actually fearful we may suffer the same fate. We have reservations for the spa tomorrow (a concession from the staff) but I am fearful of leaving our things or separating from our kids at all. We will probably skip that, try to get a refund, and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Be firm with hotel staff on what you purchased. If you are flexible they may take advantage of you and give your poor alternatives.
18  Thank FamilyTravelerCV
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at Paradisus Cancun in December 2012 for 11 nights. Upon arrival we were shocked that they were still under construction for their transition to Paradisus since we were told otherwise. As a Club Melia Member we were staying in tower 1 so the construction noise wasn’t an issue while in the room however there was construction happening around the pool and the main lobby during our stay. I believe they are finished or soon to be finished with the transition. I’m sure once they complete their renovation and transition, Paradisus will be the resort to see. We had a 2 bedroom suite 1101 facing the ocean. Ocean view is a must. I found our room to be very specious. We really loved the lobby, pool, Beach, Restaurants, and most importantly all the staff. They really go out of their way to make your stay special. We will defiantly go back to Paradisus Cancun. Special Thanks to Ivette Sanchez Ponce from Club Melia Operations for listening to our concerns and resolving the issues,Valeria Galvez at Club Melia for always being there for us, Lizeth Escudero at Royal Service for her great customer service and management and Karina Reyes Ochoa at Royal Service for her pleasant attitude and wonderful drinks. They really made our stay extra special. Can't wait to go back.

2  Thank S510
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just returned from 7 nights here, good service and excellent staff. Very friendly. Some tips for the future, book into the restaurants, we regularly called only to be told fully booked, and the next night could see the restaurants were only 50% full ! The red bar recently opened, great place and great music, however why they do not have a dance floor beats me ! People loved the music and danced on carpet between tables !. After a few drinks and with good music people want to have a dance !! The main bar was good, however what this hotel needs is lots of bright flowers, (there are green plants everywhere) and some evening entertainment. We asked to move from our original room, on the ground floor, not a high standard, the staff quickly moved us. Room service prompt, however the minibar light on drinks! A hotel bus to the airport would also be useful.

Overall a good holiday and nice hotel. Friendly staff, nice beach and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor beach view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple