My husband and I have just returned from a 3 week holiday in the Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun. This is an Adults only Hotel. On our arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink. Our booking in took no time at all and before we knew it we were in our room. It was a very comfortable and large room which overlooked the pool area and straight out to sea. We were on the 7th Floor. There was a fully stocked fridge which was refilled every day, there is also Optics with a variety of spirits. There are 5 speciality restaurants Krystal, Mexican, Italian, steakhouse, Japanese plus the main self service restaurant. The food in all these eating places is excellent we visited the specialities quite often and there is no waiting if you go around 7pm. You do not need to book these restaurants in advance. There are 3 pool areas one in front of reception entrance is the quiet pool there is a Jacqussi, also the main swim up bar which gets very busy and noisy as this is where the day entertainments team are.
The Beach is very clean and there are plenty of sun beds and parasols to be had. We did not have any problems with sun beds as there were plenty to go round. There is a fully equipped gym with a steam room and a cold shower room.
The entertainments team were very nice and the evening events were very good. We were very impressed with the groups who started off the evening entertainment from 8:00 until 9:30 the evening shows then started at 9:45 until 10:30. The staff work so hard to please everyone from the Management, Catering, Chamber Maids, down to groundsman and cleaners. The Mexican people are so friendly and helpful and cannot do enough to please. We flew on the Thomson Dreamliner which as usual was a very comfortable experience. Our overal comment on our holiday experience was very enjoyable and we would highly recommend the Riu Palace Las Americas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in "Corazone", Cancun resort area * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the hotels private beach * 8-storey building * 100 m/325 ft. To Hotel Riu Cancun * 120 m/390 ft. From a shopping centre * 10 km/6.2 Miles from downtown Cancun * 20 km/12.5 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, RIU Hotels and Resorts, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cancun
- Cancun Riu Palace
- Riu Las Americas Cancun
- Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas Cancun
- Riu Palace Las Americas Hotel
- Las Americas Cancun