7,441 results
All reviewsmusty smellel romerojapanese restaurantspecialty restaurantsocean viewswim up barcoco bongomattress padsteakmake reservationsquiet poolwrap around balconyactivity poolhotel is beautifulliquor dispenserdinner reservationsjunior suite
Reviewed February 23, 2018

My boyfriend and I had the time of our lives this week at RIU Las Americas! From check-in with a surprise upgrade to ocean view from Pablo and Jair to the amazing bar service every night from Ernesto and Linguini. Food, pools and beach were all top notch...favorite restaurant being the steakhouse but we loved them all!!! I read other reviews that complained of a must smell and lack of greeting service, but we had no problems with either and had immediate help every time we walked onto the property! It is so easy to walk to other RIU hotels to see the area and have a nice (free) drink...esp at the largest RIU next door with its own club! RIU Palace Las Americas is perfectly located a short walk to everything downtown and easy ferry to Isla Mujeres! We did the all inclusive snorkel through the property's service Scuba Caribe and loved that too! We will definitely choose RIU Las Americas on our return to Cancun!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janyne2018
Reviewed February 22, 2018

I have been to dozens of all inclusive resorts around Cancun and the Riviera Maya and this one is right at the top! My sister and I visited for five days and always felt safe and comfortable. The place was perfectly spotless everywhere. The food choices were plentiful. Buffet was quite good-lots of choices and something for everyone. I liked that you did not need reservations in the restaurants. IF there was going to be a wait, they would hand you a buzzer thingie, so you could take a walk or sit in a bar until your table was ready. The Black and White seemed to be the only one that had a wait and it was worth it. Make sure not to miss the Italian. Service was superb, but the mushroom lasagna was not my favorite.
The staff were all pleasant and accommodating and friendly. But the person who really stood out was Wilbur at the Cun bar. He took such good care of my sister and I. Not just by keeping our drinks fresh and plentiful, but he made sure we had an umbrella each day and always had a kind word and smile. We felt like we were his special VIP customers, and believe me-he had ALOT of ground to cover :) Hope to go back and see him again!!
The location was great with a mall almost directly across the street that had everything you needed as far as souvenir's. Walkable to the little flea market and Coco Bongos. Bus was very close and frequent. Beautiful views of the ocean. Nice Beach. Nice clean pools.
Entertainment: I was a little disappointed in the shows. Other Riu's seem to have higher end entertainment. The one was some sort of a Mayan show, but all in Spanish, so no idea what was going on. The Karaoke was disappointing and the equipment was not working most of the time. The Rock show was kind of cheesy. But at least it was something to do in the evening, and there was plenty of seating. The band before the shows was good. The entertainment team was friendly and energetic. The pool party was a lot of fun.
The negatives-and these are just minor-nothing enough to ruin a day or even a moment....
1)The Towels in the rooms. The staff would remove the dirty towels but not replace all of them. Two days we had no hand towels. Also, our room on those same two days was not cleaned until after 2:30 in the afternoon, which we thought was rather late.
2)The pools were cold. Very disappointing. One of the pools, I NEVER saw anyone in.
3)The towel game. If you want to reserve a chair by the pool, you have to put a towel on it (and maybe something personal too) very early in the morning. If you got to the main pool after 9 or 9:30 AM, you would not get a chair.
I would definitely go back because the place was so gorgeous and clean. the rooms were spacious and clean. The view--just can't get enough of it. Feel free to ask me questions about the Hotel and area. I know before I travel I have lots of questions :)
Julie from Detroit

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank juliesroom2
Reviewed February 22, 2018

Travelled here to meet up with friends. Loved Loved Loved it. Pools were beautiful-staff amazing and the place was spotlessly clean. We had room on 6th floor overlooking ocean and one of the pools. Dined at the buffet for breakfast and lunch-speciality restaurants for dinner-all food was good-not exactly gourmet but definitely good. Even the little 24hour snack place was good. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bflochic
Reviewed February 20, 2018

We travelled with a group of friends w/o February 12th. Overall we had a great time.

Rooms - friends on the 2nd floor had okay rooms but the view was propane tanks. Friends with 2nd floor ocean view had an awesome room but the higher you go, the better view you have. We were on the sixth floor and we had a nice view of the sunset each night. We didn't spend a lot of time in our rooms, so we all made it work. We never had any issues with hot water.

We have travelled to many all inclusive resorts, including many RIU resorts, but the food at the RIU Palace was the best ever. We dined twice at the Black and White restaurant where we had lobster one night and steak on another. Both meals were amazing. The lobster was melt in your mouth as was the steak. We also tried the Japanese restaurant and enjoyed the varieties of sushi served prior to the meal. The steak was good - but they leaned more towards the medium rare verses medium. They were very friendly and our server loved his job. There was no wait at this a la carte.

One night we were at the Krystal - and enjoyed an amazing meal including a butternut squash soup and lobster risotto. The only complaint was that we were told there would be a 20 minute wait, and it was a 2 hour and 10 minute wait. They apologized but obviously they seated someone in front of us! Not sure if I like the first come first serve. I would much rather know when I am going to eat - especially when you are not seated until after 9:00!

The buffet was also exceptional for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We enjoyed the pool BBQ for lunch, which was served twice while we were there. The ribs were fall off the bone and the variety of choices were amazing.

Next to the excellent food, the service was also amazing. The pool bar and beach bar service was incredible as they were by all the time. They were always running and always had a smile.

I was also up for a couple sun rises (6:45am) and there were crews of people all over the resort mopping, polishing, trimming, and cleaning. They also had painters whitening the white (please note that they were wearing harnesses - but I never saw them attached to anything). Spotless.

The beach was incredible. Soft white sand on the beach and in the ocean. The blue water was breath taking. We loved jumping in the waves and cooling off.

The main pool was a little chilly but also refreshing. The pool bar was very noisy and is suitable for those that want to be "entertained".

So now for some recommendations (if management reads these comments).
- smoking - please eliminate smoking from the resort (or create smoking areas). There were ashtrays at the buffet tables, pool tables, beach etc.. The only non-smoking area seemed to be the elevator. We have been at RIU's that do not allow smoking in the restaurants and pool areas.
- night shows - we liked the singers/band prior to the 9:45 shows. However, the 9:45 shows were just okay.
- the beds - the pushed together beds are a negative. I hope you have plans to replace them with king beds. It is quite annoying that each bed has the sheets tucked in tight, but then you are to treat it as one bed. Didn't really make sense.
- pillows - a variety of hard/soft would be an asset
- hand rails - there were some hand rails going from the big pool to the main level (same as the swim up bar). However, from that level to the beach there are no hand rails. With wet feet it would be nice the hand rails to prevent falls.
- Ran out of "43" - used to make mini beers (which are delicious). Seemed to be a "secret stock" but for the general public you ran out after a couple of days.

One warning, please be aware that women clean the men's washroom and enter without notice. We had a few surprised friends!

The RIU Palace Las Americas has set the bar high. We enjoyed our week in paradise!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank 23tn
Reviewed February 19, 2018

This resort is awesome! We stayed on almost the top floor and had a ocean view. The only down fall was we never had hot water. We can not wait to go back. The staff was awesome and house keeping was great! Hopefully next time we have hot water! We were unable to use our whorl pool tub because it would not fill up or get hot. The food was so unbelievably good. Location is perfect for walking around as well.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple